You Are All My Children Now

Weekly Question 2! What song are you desperate to hear live?

Started by WhiteNoise, Jun 19, 2016, 03:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Jun 25, 2016, 16:21

I totally forgot to mention Das Spiegel. If they are ever going to retire the Reel as the closing song, I think it would also work perfectly.
Das Spiegel is a great song live. I wouldn't particularly use it as a closer in place of the Reel or the like, though. Those tunes are simply made for a dramatic Octave Kitten shoot-out at a set's finale which I can't really picture for DS somehow. However, I guess I see where you're coming from because it has this kind of dreamy, almost melancholic and yet uplifting feel to it. It was a great "closer" for Don't Think's credits for which it fitted perfectly. What they could do in my opinion, is to use exactly that Don't Think edit when their show's over, you know, when the lights turn on and roadies start demounting racks and stuff.

I would really like to hear how My Mercury Mouth would sound like in live setting! It is such a timeless tune and I believe they could do so much with it live.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'd like to hear the extended version of Star Guitar - probably my favorite above all, as if I clore my eyes it's like it makes me move to a different dimension...beautiful.
Also it would be great if thay played We Are The Night, which is the symbol of my favorite album, and The Boxer because it simply makes me happy 8)

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 25, 2016, 16:21

I totally forgot to mention Das Spiegel. If they are ever going to retire the Reel as the closing song, I think it would also work perfectly.

I don't know for a closing song. You need some great estatic (is that the right word?) as a closer. Das Spiegel is too intemate for that. They've used Das Spiegel in the 2nd encore for the closing track TSSU during part of the WATN tour.

For me I'd really love to hear K+D+B and Dissolve - two tracks I still wish I could have seen when I was 14 and desperate to hit up North Coast Music Festival :D

In Dust We Trust, I know there's unverified rumors they played it once back in the day, but this is one of their underrated classics that could really use a moment live! It would bring the house down.

And The Pills Won't Help You Now, which I don't have to explain, oof.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 04, 2016, 22:22

In Dust We Trust, I know there's unverified rumors they played it once back in the day, but this is one of their underrated classics that could really use a moment live! It would bring the house down.

Yes! I would completely love to hear this. They could go to town on it during the acid section in the middle. And it could flow beautifully into Acid Children too... with those 16th note kicks in the breakdown.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hoops / EBW6 in full balls to the wall battle weapon style.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 04, 2016, 22:22

For me I'd really love to hear K+D+B

Oh god WN! I hope you get your wish soon. When they played that at the Bowl show,i never felt so euphoric by any song the chems have played before ever. Its like you, the sound, and the surrounding nature are combined as one to give you a godlike experience.

I would also want to hear WOTD!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I've  always  liked  the  breakdown  in  the  mid-section  of  Dig  Your  Own  Hole  . . .  you  know  ...  the  high  note  held  on  the  synth  with  the  vocal  samples  cutting  in  over  the  top  . . .  "  Ahhh  ,  Hey  Hey  Hey  Hey  Hey  "  ,  this  could  be  a  cool  moment  mixed  into  a  live  set . .  .

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2016, 07:39 by Fine Time
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I've still never been to a live show (yeah yeah, I know) but of what I've seen online and in the Don't Think DVD, the version of Escape Velocity from Glastonbury 2015 is probably the best I've yet heard. To see that or Snow/STA would be absolutely friggin amazing! That said, I think Car Chase or Pioneer skies would make fantastic live tracks. I've never heard of them being played before.
The devil is in the details

Guys.

Pioneer Skies.

As an encore opener.

Into Electronic Battle Weapon 6.
Never for money, always for love.

It might be a risk but I would be intrigued to hear a live version of Under neon Lights live with a modern midnight conversation. A nice ethereal jam, maybe starting with Snow first.

Still wouldn't mind Her Jazz as like a little teaser even mashed with something else like Song to Siren or with the above.

Full or fuller live version of Little Birdies Down Beats, one of there simpler songs but so catchy maybe even room to be mixed with something else. Or one of the Life is Sweet remixes.

Would love hear Buzz Tracks jammed with Go too. And that "c, c'mon" sample with that f*ckin bass through a live PA system!
Last Edit: Jul 10, 2016, 01:40 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Oh, and Burst Generator and Dissolve.  ;D
The devil is in the details

I would pay 100 Money for a concert where they play all of their songs. 120 Money if for every track with vocals the original singer is on stage.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 19, 2016, 11:27

Snow/Surface - i don't think this has to be explained

K+D+B - because it's godlike (this can't be told enough)

as intro "brothers gonna work it out (vocals) => dust-up beats => loops of fury => best part of breaking up => prescription beats" - best intro ever

if i wasn't me (hah, don't actually know how to say it in english in a proper way) i would definitely be the Pumisher
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

For me, The Reel never gets old. It's a familiar farewell, but the song is an embrace of hope that you'll meet again someday. So this right here. I'd probably be an emotional wreck by the end (the fangirl with mascara running down my face haha) OK maybe not that dramatic, but...

Flashback popped up on my shuffle the other day, so it got me thinking how great it would be to hear that woven into a modern set somehow. It had been a long time since I heard Flashback, but when I did, I realized it comes from the same mindfuck place my head goes to with EML Ritual.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Goddamn Whirly, why? That video makes me cry again because it reminds me that i probably will never get a chance of seeing/hearing the pure beauty of Snow/Surface live.  :'(
no idea, no idea

I WANT THE BOXER LIVE please because I liked very much that song at Electric Proms
Also Hoops because is my favourite
Please Get Yourself High!!!
and Dissolve!
Last Edit: Jul 17, 2016, 18:50 by NiCk.Dj
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: MIKL on Jul 10, 2016, 01:35

It might be a risk but I would be intrigued to hear a live version of Under neon Lights live with a modern midnight conversation. A nice ethereal jam, maybe starting with Snow first.

Still wouldn't mind Her Jazz as like a little teaser even mashed with something else like Song to Siren or with the above.

Full or fuller live version of Little Birdies Down Beats, one of there simpler songs but so catchy maybe even room to be mixed with something else. Or one of the Life is Sweet remixes.

Would love hear Buzz Tracks jammed with Go too. And that "c, c'mon" sample with that f*ckin bass through a live PA system!
Yes Under Neon Lights and what about Fuck Up Beats?
Also Wide Open with Beck live!!!!
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

I'd love to hear them bring back Brothers Gonna Work It Out for an intro or interlude...i dunno i feel it would be a nice throwback and homage to their roots or something
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2016, 18:51 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...