Would You Like to Come Inside?

Fluke are back!

Started by neorev, Apr 07, 2024, 22:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Fluke have reunited!
New single "Insanely Beautiful" dropping April 29th

After 20 years, the group have reunited and got new music coming in 2024.
After their album Risotto, Mike Tournier had left the group to form Syntax with Jan Burton. Mike Bryant and Jon Fugler continued on as Fluke and released the album Puppy in 2003. Bryant and Fugler then formed the group 2 Bit Pie.

Cut to 2024, Mike Tournier has returned to Fluke and they'll be dropping music throughout 2024.

You can hear clips by swiping on their Instagram posts.

Follow them on...
https://www.instagram.com/fluke_social
www.twitter.com/fluke_social

Some more info on what's to come...

In addition to the main vox mix, a selection of other versions will be made available including one featuring Leah Clever and an All Buttons In club mix. There is also an accompanying Sean Johnson instrumental chug version via the Tici Taci boys.

Insanely Beautiful marks Fluke's first release to a project provisionally named Firebird with various tracks and collaborations over the coming months.

https://louderthanwar.com/fluke-return-with-their-first-release-of-a-new-era-with-new-single-insanely-beautiful/

Quote from: neorev on Apr 07, 2024, 22:14
After their album Risotto, Mike Tournier had left the group to form Syntax with Jan Burton.

Oh I remember Syntax. I bought their single Pray back in...[checks Discogs]...2003. Over 20 years ago!

(longer version also available)

Too bad I didn't buy the album; the prices on Discogs for the CD are quite juicy.

Incidentally @neorev , I believe this Music Response section is intended for a um, response to Chemical music in particular. I guess the sub-header "dig into the catalog" is the clue, but it is rather subtle.

PS: Moderators, "catalog" is not the correct spelling of that word in Chemical Brothers' English (i.e English English). The Brits spell it, "catalogue".
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Ohh, nice, Fluke/Syntax/2 Bit Pie were one of the earliest bands that introduced me to electronic music! I think it was their track "Absurd" on the Sin City OST that got me hooked. I even have Meccano Mind and 2 Pie Island on CD. I haven't listened to them in quite a while, but I remember there are some excellent tracks to be re-discovered.

Now let's see what they come up with after 20 years  ;D

Nice to know the Fluke - Syntax connection. Remember that Pray single being featured on one of the 2003 era BBC Radio 1 shows (Pete Tong, Judge Jules, or Seb Fontaine).

Already been wanting to revisit the Wipeout 2097 / 3 / 64 era soundtracks and games. Good time for a fluke revival. Happy to see they are still using the Designers Republic style font.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

FUCK.
YES!

I am so incredibly excited about this.
Gosh came on during a run the other day and it occurred to me that Fluke's music is something that really takes me right back into the feeling I had when I was first getting into it. More so than any other band, I think. There's just some sounds in their music that hit me right smack in the nostalgos!

Setback > Amp > Reeferendum > Squirt might be my favourite back-to-back-to-back-to-back of all time.

Also, the band logo in that post going back to the old Designers Republic days (as Ryno points out above!). Fucking love it.

Let's Gosh to celebrate!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 08, 2024, 17:36
Incidentally @neorev , I believe this Music Response section is intended for a um, response to Chemical music in particular. I guess the sub-header "dig into the catalog" is the clue, but it is rather subtle.
My bad. 

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 09, 2024, 04:33
Setback > Amp > Reeferendum > Squirt might be my favourite back-to-back-to-back-to-back of all time.
Absurd > Atom Bomb > Kitten Moon > Mosh > Bermuda > Setback > Amp > Reeferendrum > Squirt > Goodnight Lover might be my favorite back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back of all time. 
;)

Last Edit: Apr 10, 2024, 03:51 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning