We Are the Night

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
@Wolkenkrabber I'm not sure what Robots have to do with Easter (ok, I'm not a Christian, so what do I know) but I'll try to pick those up when I'm in London in March ;D

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 12, 2024, 13:58
As soon as we've finished celebrating the birth of Christ, it's straight on to celebrating his death! There were easter eggs in the shops before we even rang in the new year. This year M&S (Marks & Spencer) have chocbots amongst their over-priced easter chocolate range (ironic that the pic says Money Saving Central). And hey, fair play to Smith & Lyall + The Chems. They've made tin toy robots their own 'brand' to the extent that as soon as I see one, I think: Chems.

Please log in to view this attachment.

I think Chems as well whenever I see a robot!

We tend to blow through the holidays at breakneck consumerism speed in the States so Valentine's Day candy was out directly after Christmas, and Easter candy is starting to pop up more on shelves. A store here, Target, started carrying Marks & Spencer holiday goodies for Christmas (shortbread 'cookies' in double decker bus shaped tins, chocolate lollipops sealed in the Union Jack foil, stuff like that) so I'll be curious if we get the M&S branded sweets for Easter this year... 🤔

But yeah like Stefan said not sure what chocolate robots have to do with Easter, haha! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

longer version (I think I prefer the short):

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Assuming that Neuralink will eventually succeed in developing a computer/brain interface (bold claim, considering Musk's track record of bloated and overblown marketing claims for technology he's trying to sell), the devices will be used to stream Twitter, oh sorry X, advertisments directly into brains long before any useful medical device will be even in a prototype state.

Dear Outlook,
Thank you for this really, really helpful auto-correction.

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 02, 2024, 19:36
the devices will be used to stream Twitter, oh sorry X, advertisments directly into brains long before any useful medical device will be even in a prototype state.

Happy Valentines!

Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!