Got Glint?

Chemical Brothery tracks by other artists

Started by gavin35, Apr 08, 2024, 13:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Been meaning to start this thread for a while and heard Phil Kieran's new track the other day and reminded me to do it.
First up, track in question - Phil Kieran - Out of my mind
https://philkieran.bandcamp.com/track/phil-kieran-out-of-my-mind-vocal-feat-cynthia-sley

Emperor Machine - RMI Is all i want (Erol Alkan remix) - especially the vocal

Clark - Alyosha - Particularly from 2:50 mark

If I heard any of these and was told it was the Chems I'd believe it

Any others?
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Love this topic!

I know there's a few others that I've had a very similar thought about (wanting to start a topic after listening!) but the one that comes to mind right off the bat is this:

The whole album owes a lot, I think, to the brothers.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Im getting a video unavailable message there Enjoyed, what is it?
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023

I can see it. It's FC/Kahuna's  "Glitterball".

Btw, Hayling is one of my favourite songs, but it doesn't sound chemicalish...
no idea, no idea

Thanks Pumisher, havent heard this track in years and its a great shout for this thread. Very Chemicalsy :luv

Quote from: gavin35 on Apr 08, 2024, 13:31
Been meaning to start this thread for a while and heard Phil Kieran's new track the other day and reminded me to do it.
First up, track in question - Phil Kieran - Out of my mind
https://philkieran.bandcamp.com/track/phil-kieran-out-of-my-mind-vocal-feat-cynthia-sley

Emperor Machine - RMI Is all i want (Erol Alkan remix) - especially the vocal

Clark - Alyosha - Particularly from 2:50 mark

If I heard any of these and was told it was the Chems I'd believe it

Any others?
I don't know if I would mix them up as Chemical tunes but I totally see where you coming from! And I must say, those two tracks are awesome! Not your everyday chart song for sure. Loving that drum fill in the first one. So juicy. Hearing that made me wish FTBF's Goodbye had something like that in it.
Too bad Clark - Alyosha was so short, I felt like it deserved at least another 2 min after that incredible arpeggio and subtly pumping beat started. It ended too soon and I wanted more.

Great recommendations, thanks!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I have aways found Death in Vegas album Scorpio Rising kind of echoes Surrenders more melancholy side.  It's a incredible album featuring the other Gallagher and Mazzy Star

Death in Vegas are very much cut from the same cloth as the Chems. There are 3 people in DIV inner circle who are directly linked with the Chemical Brothers. I'm lucky enough to see them warm up for the chems a few times back in the 90's

Anyway the track I will throw into the mix is the Mazzy Star featured "Help yourself" their 10 minute climatic closer. Very reelesque , although more stringy that synth. But never the less very epic and psychedelic.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences