Surrender

Happy Birthday Thread

Started by Csar, Jun 20, 2015, 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Ben j's B-day you say? Must be the 5th of November, Remember, Remeber...

Happy Belated to those I've missed

Happy belated, Enjoyed!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Yes, happy birthday on here too!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 04, 2021, 07:26

Happy belated, Enjoyed!
Quote from: Csar on Dec 04, 2021, 11:03

Yes, happy birthday on here too!

Thanks, buds!

Rate my haul:
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

You get extra points for RATM and Roisin Murphy  ;D

Enjoyed, happy Birthday bud!

I love your haul! Man, I'm so due for a music buying binge this makes me super jealous. What's the breakfast photo album below Ratatat LP3?

Approve of the AirPods Pro. Got them for my Birthday earlier this year despite being skeptical of cordless/bluetooth audio and phone battery drainage, and I must say they have been great for me. For what it's worth, I had to buy some ear hooks to keep them from falling from my ears while running, but for normal activity they typically stay put. The noise cancellation and sound quality is pretty damn good and I would encourage those to take the "leap" if you're a little hesitant. I'm sure there is comparable and cheaper option out on the market, but I'll admit I'm weak to the Apple accessibility.

also, Vince Guaraldi Soundtrack to Peanuts Christmas special should be in everyones collection.

make sure you grab John Denver and The Muppets

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 06, 2021, 06:50

Enjoyed, happy Birthday bud!

I love your haul! Man, I'm so due for a music buying binge this makes me super jealous. What's the breakfast photo album below Ratatat LP3?

Approve of the AirPods Pro. Got them for my Birthday earlier this year despite being skeptical of cordless/bluetooth audio and phone battery drainage, and I must say they have been great for me. For what it's worth, I had to buy some ear hooks to keep them from falling from my ears while running, but for normal activity they typically stay put. The noise cancellation and sound quality is pretty damn good and I would encourage those to take the "leap" if you're a little hesitant. I'm sure there is comparable and cheaper option out on the market, but I'll admit I'm weak to the Apple accessibility.

That's Battles - La Di Da. The only album of theirs I was missing.

And yes! I'm loving the Pros so far. Similar reservations going for bluetooth, but I was honestly just getting too fed up of catching my headphone cables on my coat while walking, or having my pup rip them out when running to greet me. It really is quite a game changer having the freedom to move my head around without any fear of loosing the momentum of whatever I'm listening to.
I have been playing around with the EQ in GMMP on my phone though, as some songs seem to have lost a little energy in the mix? They sound super crispy clean, but lacking a little drive?? I don't know - I could just be adjusting to them. BT's ESCM did sound pretty great yesterday - but TDTYF was kinda... dare I say, boring?? I don't know. Any tips on that front?
Otherwise, I'd also give them a glowing recommendation. And at the Black Friday price of $169 - insane.

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 06, 2021, 06:57

also, Vince Guaraldi Soundtrack to Peanuts Christmas special should be in everyones collection.

Bought this for my wife. It's our favourite cwimmis music by far. And the CD itself had this neat transparent image on the front! Bargain.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 06, 2021, 22:39

I have been playing around with the EQ in GMMP on my phone though, as some songs seem to have lost a little energy in the mix? They sound super crispy clean, but lacking a little drive?? I don't know - I could just be adjusting to them. BT's ESCM did sound pretty great yesterday - but TDTYF was kinda... dare I say, boring?? I don't know. Any tips on that front?

Are you listening in noise cancellation mode? I've read something along the lines of bass being compromised within the technology of active noise cancellation. I would imagine the cleaner sound will ultimately come with both Transparency and Noise Cancellation mode off. You ultimately could be on the money it lacking a little juice, but I haven't personally noticed. I've been on factory settings ever since receiving mine and I have been nothing but pleased with the quality. To be fair,I can't say I've done much deep listening with them though, I'm mostly in motion when they're on.

Happy birthday, NickDj!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Echoing Csar's post, happy birthday, Mr. NickDj!

Why aren't Tom and Ed's birthdays on the calendar ?
By the way, Happy Birthday Tom!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Insomnia.

happy birthday !
Eight or over.

From his insta

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Happy borthday, Explud! Hope you're having a great one!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 12, 2022, 17:41

Happy borthday, Explud! Hope you're having a great one!
Thanks, Csar!
Hi Kevin!

Happy Birthday, Explud!