Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Under Neon Lights (feat. St. Vincent)

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 22, 2015, 19:17

Previous topic - Next topic
with its "got no husband got no wife " part and all

btw, anyone else notice the sound of crowd cheering and applauding in the beginning of UNL? outro of GO? weird.

also why can't I edit posts?

Quote from: chemreact on Jul 01, 2015, 22:47

with its "got no husband got no wife " part and all

btw, anyone else notice the sound of crowd cheering and applauding in the beginning of UNL? outro of GO? weird.

also why can't I edit posts?

Yeah, the crowd cheering and applauding is funky, and an interesting segue for a studio album which is why hearing it in context will tie it all in.

I'm sure my user view is different since I'm a mod, but you should definitely be able to edit your posts. There should be a modify button near the bottom right of your posts..?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

It's definetely my favourite track of the album ! I love the opening ! The two sequences break beats are top groove ! It's dark, give you an insidious head and ass shaking !

Quote from: Owa on Jul 25, 2015, 06:58

It's definetely my favourite track of the album ! I love the opening ! The two sequences break beats are top groove ! It's dark, give you an insidious head and ass shaking !
Yes, I like it very much too! It never changes chords but yet remains interesting till the end. The instrumentation on this is really great.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hate to say this but I feel like this was the contractually obligated collaboration song of the album. I can't stand St. Vincents vocals. It sounds like two different songs. This has been building in my mind since first listen. I keep skipping this song but don't mind full listens on songs like Taste of Honey.

sorry...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

A lot of the new songs are stripped back but can still take you somewhere else on this album like this one. in last 2 weeks after playing the album more and more on different sound systems and headphones theres like another subtle random flute melody jam in the right speaker under the synth sound you mainly hear when St. Vincent is singing in between chorus/break downs.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Can anyone else hear a sample from Charli XCX - Ha Ha (Lindstrom Remix) at around the one minute mark?

https://youtu.be/J8NUoavtgXY?t=1m5s

https://youtu.be/oAPEW0v4SU4?t=1m47s

Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022