Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Tame Impala

Started by Csar, Aug 18, 2016, 19:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh so nice!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

25:28 new song! going back to older psychedelic pop rock:

(couldn't find the tame impala thread, think its buried too much feel free to move this to there)

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Csar on Aug 24, 2019, 11:38

@MIKL would you like me to move it to the Impala topic?

If the original one is still around may as well keep it consistent. Thanks!
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2019, 10:35 by Csar

Quote from: MIKL on Aug 24, 2019, 08:14

25:28 new song! going back to older psychedelic pop rock:

(couldn't find the tame impala thread, think its buried too much feel free to move this to there)

Not a new track

explains why it sounded older, forgot about that one.

Wow not til next year now. He must've scrapped some songs and is re doing it. Would rather something he is proud of than just rushing it out which will mean we will like it more:

Quote from: MIKL on Oct 25, 2019, 10:09

Wow not til next year now. He must've scrapped some songs and is re doing it. Would rather something he is proud of than just rushing it out which will mean we will like it more:

That song in the video, is that a new one? Sounds cool.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Another new one. Perhaps a consolation to not getting the album this year.

Punch drunk from those drums. This is great.
Never for money, always for love.

the logical song meets the theme from Ironside.

I miss the classic rock elements from the earlier albums, while Currents somewhat grasped some of it imo and I was able to averagely enjoy it. I dig borderline so i'm hoping that TSR doesn't copy the similar formula of their last album.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Big meh.

Not looking forward to this album honestly. Haven't heard anything anywhere near the quality of a single track off Currents. Shame.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 04, 2019, 09:07

Big meh.

Not looking forward to this album honestly. Haven't heard anything anywhere near the quality of a single track off Currents. Shame.

I like it ! Of the 4 new tracks, it's the one I like the most for now

this one feels like it needs to be in context with the album like in the middle or near the end to appreciate it. I like it though without the whole album.

And another new one, going by what we've heard the album could be a laid back affair with some mild wild moments, we'll see. (If deciding on what to release early is anything to go by). Theres still a few unknowns in the album list though. This one almost gives out a ragga vibe and has cruisey upbeat drums with some more synth play:

Last Edit: Jan 08, 2020, 08:02 by MIKL

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 08, 2020, 07:57

And another new one, going by what we've heard the album could be a laid back affair with some mild wild moments, we'll see. (If deciding on what to release early is anything to go by). Theres still a few unknowns in the album list though.

On a radio show he said Patience was not on the album and Borderline was completely reworked. So I think it's 4 (or is it 5?) tracks from the album we know, now ?

yeah. 4 from album minus Patience making it 5 all up. (and maybe that slow rush teaser track which I hope is like a nice minimum 5min - 7min jam)
Last Edit: Jan 10, 2020, 10:36 by MIKL

Lost in Yesterday is the best of the bunch so far. This one alone gives me more hope for the album.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Feels like he's only going backwards. (now that was a good album)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I envy this badly

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.