K+D+B Is Godlike

Tame Impala

Started by Csar, Aug 18, 2016, 19:22

Previous topic - Next topic
This is another floor standing ticket or nothing for me. Missed out on pre sale cause of work. hopefully another chance when on sale publicly.

After the elevated fame and industry acknowledgement with various collaborations etc and the coachella headline, the venue is bigger and tickets more expensive which I'm not surprised about it. (Although they are donating to the bushfires as well).

He promises he'll give you your money back if you don't like the concert. Wonder if the rainbow UFO will make an appearance again. might be why its at an arena as well.

And of course the new music post new album release!!
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Good lord. Not even half way through... The music world is going to have an impossible task putting out a better record in 2020.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

starting listening to the previews early this morning  before work as it came out a little earlier down here. Wasn't sure at first but I was half asleep. Its definitely a headphone album. I watched the 50 min apple music interview with Zane and an australian (triple J) one as they went through the album today.

Not sure how most of this will translate to the stage, even Kevin admitted that and said he wasn't thinking about how it would whilst making it. He also said the album wasn't ready which is why it was delayed and it didn't feel right as I suspected which is fine of course. why rush it for a festival.

I've bought it today after work as I knew I'd eventually like most of it in the end (with some songs already in my head) and the artwork was half decent with lyrics.

One More Year sounds like a Mercury Rev song. More notes to come with the other songs while still digesting.

Borderline (album version) is different and I still like both versions equally tbh even with all the extra 'bells and whistles' he added. punchier drums, more synthier bass because apparently no one could hear the original one in the single version.

Kinda wished I hadn't heard Tomorrow's Dust without vocals (in teaser) as it takes a bit of effort to enjoy it with them now. Love the music in this and wished went for longer even.

Good to hear a good quality sound of it might be time, I appreciate it more.

Glimmer was just a jamming warm up that ended up on the album. I like it and kind of proves that this type of new experimentation direction makes sense and works dare i say it.

Is it true I instantly dug and was only finished the night before had to be mastered!

One More Hour is epic and takes its time in a good way. Kind of makes me want more after the album finishes too.

Melbourne have a 2nd show now and I missed out again! I won't do eye/nose bleed seats for similar price. GA sold out in 5 min.
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020, 12:35 by MIKL

that acid jam.. o.O
Eight or over.

what I thought was guitar in this one was played by keyboard as well:

Saw these yesterday and I think your concerns about how the tracks would translate to the stage were valid, MIKL. They didn't seem to have as much energy on the record, but were still played super close in terms of sound and performance. I almost feel like they have to work to create a more energetic live version, maybe with straight up traditional drums and a more stripped back "band" instrumentation.

That said, there will obviously be folks who are disappointed that it doesn't sound enough like the record... I guess it's a balance.

Those are probably my two favourite tracks from the album though, and I felt they were a little lack-luster. It was a Late Night performance though, which doesn't necessarily provide the same kind of back drop as a proper live performance.

Also, wanted to mention that I have been playing The Slow Rush non-stop since it came out. I wake up singing melodies from various songs and keep coming back to it. It's really such a great album.

yeah I keep going back to it. when I almost feel I'm done with it, I crave to listen to it again cause its different. i never thought I would listen to an album about falling in love and just being married like almost a voyeristic kind of journey with him about it but here I am. its obviously the music the lures you in. there are still tracks about his personal well being and life which add layers to it which is good and doesn't make it 'cheesy' which it could've been but yet again he gets away with it.

Like you mentioned, these late night shows don't really translate bands live music performances that well. Will be interesting to see the actual concerts on YT.

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 06, 2020, 11:04

there are still tracks about his personal well being and life which add layers to it which is good and doesn't make it 'cheesy' which it could've been but yet again he gets away with it.

I watched a really good video the other day about how Kevin has been so successful at putting the feeling of isolation, being a lone, and introversion into his music, and how it resonates so well with an audience of increasingly less social people. Only issue was that he kept pronouncing the band as Tame Im-PA-LA instead of Tame Im-PAH-LAH.

We have the album on the playlist here at the studio so even when I'm not going out of my way to put the album on, it's still pops up to give me the feels.

yeah not a fan. Its one of those collabs you never asked for and have confirmation why now.

Unless you're a streets fan which I'm not.

"Tame impala sound system"

Quote from: MIKL on Aug 25, 2020, 10:30

This sounds like what Tame Impala would sound like if made by someone with infinitely shittier production skills than Kevin Parker

Quote from: MIKL on Aug 25, 2020, 10:30

Fuck yeah. That version of Breath Deeper was divine.

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 25, 2020, 13:15

This sounds like what Tame Impala would sound like if made by someone with infinitely shittier production skills than Kevin Parker

It was interesting to see how'd they do it in that environment using all sorts of getup to bring it together with Kevin even using the pioneer mixer to play around on. They seemed a bit carefree about it too. I liked it for what it was. Like you know for a fact he can do more polished stadium lo fi drums if he wanted too but thats not the scenario for this performance or the maybe the point of the tiny desk performances.

Tame Impala Soundsystem is back !

"chemical brothers remix" of the cover they've recently done this morning:

and breathe deeper:

Here's a full edited together version of various uploads with audio and video of the sound system shows they did in Perth including some covers of thunderstruck and super nature are in there and a more full song version of gossip:

The whole vibe seems just like a big jam session for them, bit loose around the edges.  Not that its a bad thing especially when you're lucky enough to be there.

Quote from: MIKL on Mar 22, 2021, 02:28
Not that its a bad thing especially when you're lucky enough to be there.

I bloody live in Perth and I didn't even go :(

They are going to perform their debut album Innerspeaker live at their studio tommorrow, April 21, as a pay-to-watch event at a very fair price (short of 9 bucks).

https://www.momenthouse.com/tameimpala?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gupta_tameimpala&fbclid=IwAR0E89EQ6iZNVfgXnBISrD9acAhFzdHa9vOaK8pxGbeqsaFYo2GtGkTN9I8

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)