For That Beautiful Feeling

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Derek B - Bad Young Brother

Coldcut - More Beats & Pieces [DJ Lord Fader Turntable Mix]

https://soundcloud.com/dj-lord-fader/more-beats-pieces-dj-lord-fader-turntable-mix
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 02, 2019, 19:39

Super enjoying this new !!! album.

I never give these guys enough credit for consistently making me very happy with their music.
Going to have to go see them at the end of the month and get my party on.
They are amazing live, you'll have a good time!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

A little wackiness for your Friday:

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 02, 2019, 19:39

Super enjoying this new !!! album.

I never give these guys enough credit for consistently making me very happy with their music.
Going to have to go see them at the end of the month and get my party on.

!!!, One of the bands that always slips my mind...but they're damn DAMN good... I'm been to a few festivals where they've played...but I always go see another act...

I am in the midst of planning to move to Vancouver by the end of the month. They play a few blocks from my sisters place on Oct 1 (and Cornelius playing the entirety of Drop is the next night). If it's anything like the following video...yeah, I finally need to go see them.

As for current habit of repeating songs, I am obsessed by Ariane Moffat currently. I would love to hear a Dimitri From Paris or Tom Moulton style edit of this track. Bring in the strings earlier, extended the bass line, maybe even take the throat singers part from the end of the video and incorporate it as a break.

Also, big up to showing some amazing scenes and cultural life of indigenous Northern Quebec / Nunavut / NWT (not sure which).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Sep 11, 2019, 00:09

They play a few blocks from my sisters place on Oct 1 (and Cornelius playing the entirety of Drop is the next night)

Yes! Do it! I'm also seeing Cornelius play Drop the night before here in Portland :music

I haven't seen !!! since they were touring Myth Takes, so I'm super excited to see how things have changed. Obviously the line up is different, but things are also way more electronic now.
I'm also very much looking forward to Nic's dancing. I used to 'borrow' his moves on the dancefloor from time to time. Very inspiring!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Fat White Family

Original. Or...?

...Remix?

"Some say he's still moonwalking to this day."
IT'S MORNING TIME!

David Holmes - Let's Get Killed. 

This album is the freaking weirdest love letter ever written to NYC.

Nothing new, but oh lordy how I love this remix. I kinda mentioned it in that Even Better Than The Real Thing thread a couple of years back. It pops up every now and then and reminds me how good it is. A Balearic slow burner.

Pet Shop Boys: Minimal (Tocadisco's Sundays At Space mix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I must admit, just listening to this album even once feels like a chore to me.
Just like his last few albums.
Oh, well... at least there are tons of old materials to listen to.

^I need to give it a listen.

But you didn't care for Skeleton Tree?

can I like both versions of this?

I somewhat liked 'Girl in amber' and 'Magneto'.
His lyrics are as good as they've always been, but, man, I miss melodies in his songs.
I miss something to whistle along with.

And, of course you can, I like them both, actually.
If pressed, I would go for Crash Test Dummies version, purely for female vocals.
XTC has better production.
Last Edit: Oct 07, 2019, 17:03 by sandelic

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Tarantino soundtracks are always a treat, let alone the film!

In the early 90's my favourite band was Pop Will Eat Itself. Probably not to well known over here other than their collaboration with The Prodigy on Their Law. After the band spilt in 96 the lead singer went on to great things. 2 of the band formed Bentley rhythm ace and the drummer became a tv car restoration mechanic. A tallented bunch

Listening to the PWEI live version of this 24 years old song, it seems like it could be a Brexit anthem. Clint Mansell (more known these days for his Hollywood soundtracks) unused lyrics penned when "Their Law" was mooted as posible Prodigy single. It resonates more than ever

Sample it, Loop it Fuck it and Eat it
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

It was one of my favorite bands as well.
For a long time (after PWEI died) I didn't know Clint Mansell did any music at all, until I realized he did music for Mass Effect 3 and Requiem for a dream.
Both brilliant.

well..here's another new album on repeat

Eight or over.

Fucking love this album ^
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Drug Store Romeos - Now You're Moving

no idea, no idea