Music That Triggers Some Kind of Response

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Demian - Residual Memories

Demian - Milestars

Last Edit: Nov 24, 2019, 22:05 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Can't get enough of this right now. What a treasure she is.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

On 6 November Mr Glako Fahn posted The Alchemy of Circumstance by Midland on this thread. Four days later it popped up in Ed & Tom's Playlist  - part of the 6 Music Chemical Weekend thingy. A curious track that sounds like a cross between The Sabres of Paradise and
. Very on-the-money of you Mr Fahn.

The playlist has some weird and wonderful stuff on it. Much of it not suitable for a Chems DJ mix. But this one might be, and it sounds great on headphones.

Snapped Ankles - Rechargeable (Gabe Gurnsey Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

The Soft Bulletin Live at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony & choir is the most beautiful thing you will ever hear in your life. 

Sebastian Böhm - Blue Monday

no idea, no idea

not sure i quite speak the language of that blue monday cover..gonna give it a bit more attention and a fair chance =)

otoh some recent techno jams are things i probably would have thought were the best things ever 20 years ago

AQXDM - Leisure Techno

Bawrut - Atchu

Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Dec 14, 2019, 23:40

not sure i quite speak the language of that blue monday cover..gonna give it a bit more attention and a fair chance =)
The language is
. And despite my slightly cycnical comment when I posted the trailer on another thread, I agree with Enjoyed's comments there. As someone who has been a fan of New Order since before the Chems even existed, I 'm thriled to see their music being used on a huge trailer like this, with even the gunshots timed to the beats of Blue Monday. I'd love it to be part of the score on the actual film, but I'm not holding my breath.

I like your two choices above, especialy "Atchu" (surely it shuld Achoo?)
The Lesiure Techno track does indeed sound old, in fact it sounds 30 years old rather than 20, IMHO. The breakbeats and James Brown "ooh, yeah"s could be from a 1990 house/rave track.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 15, 2019, 14:05
The Lesiure Techno track does indeed sound old, in fact it sounds 30 years old rather than 20, IMHO. The breakbeats and James Brown "ooh, yeah"s could be from a 1990 house/rave track.
yeah totally, super old school..well at least until the bit at ~3:50 =D
Eight or over.

Marie Davidson - Work It (Soulwax Remix)

no idea, no idea

Nina Kraviz - Ghetto Kraviz

no idea, no idea

Takes a couple of minutes to get going, and I'm not crazy about the way it peters out at the end. But the bit in the middle is good!

Lopezhouse - Strange Music From Dark Side Moon
IT'S MORNING TIME!

FINALLY listening to Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future by Underworld.  Why have I not? 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 07, 2020, 06:31

FINALLY listening to Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future by Underworld.  Why have I not?

Good question.
You must not have known that Low Burn is on that album.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Traumprinz - 2 The Sky (Metatron's What If There's No End And No Beginning Mix)

no idea, no idea