1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Well it's a heatwave in London this weekend; too hot to dance. So how about some "dance" music you can't dance to?

Calibre (also a D&B producer) from Ireland with something so ambiently lovely, even his fellow countrywoman, Enya would probably be jealous.

Calibre - Planet Hearth

This one isn't really ambient; I guess it's Broken Beat/Electronica/Experimental. Takes a minute or two for the majesty to emerge.

HAAi - Head Above The Parakeets

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Hmm nice  , ,  this banger , ,  :music

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I can't stop listening to this song. Jesus. Every day.

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 18, 2020, 17:20

Jesus. Every day.
Life is full of tribulations, eh?

I have a (fun) tribulation. This track reminds me of something and I can't put my finger on it. Not the stabby Art Of Noise bits, not the New Order-y bassline, but the melodic bit that pops up a few times. I.e.the bit at 0.59 to 1.30, and again at 2.00 to 2.31 and again at 3.31 to 4.02 and again at 5.07 to 5.38. I need YOUR help on this. Yes YOU. Where do I know this from?

Planningtorock - Jam Fam
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Add N to X - Plug Me In

no idea, no idea

Quote from: MadPooter on Aug 20, 2020, 07:01

Funkytown?
Oh the bassline? Could be some similarity alright. But I meant the orchestral melody that rides on top of the bass.
Btw when I said "YOU", I meant anyone reading that post, rather than specifically you Pooter!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Masssive Attack - Teardrop (eXcess Remix)

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 19, 2020, 18:43

Life is full of tribulations, eh?

I have a (fun) tribulation. This track reminds me of something and I can't put my finger on it. Not the stabby Art Of Noise bits, not the New Order-y bassline, but the melodic bit that pops up a few times. I.e.the bit at 0.59 to 1.30, and again at 2.00 to 2.31 and again at 3.31 to 4.02 and again at 5.07 to 5.38. I need YOUR help on this. Yes YOU. Where do I know this from?

Planningtorock - Jam Fam

Probably not what you had in mind but it reminds me a bit of Paul van Dyk's Pikes, starting at around 2:11.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

According to Avery, this track is a tribute to Andrew Weatherall. I rather enjoy it, and it resonated with me after hearing some bad news about a friend's cancer coming back.

Faithless - Synthesizer (feat. Nathan Ball)

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 04, 2020, 09:18

Faithless - Synthesizer (feat. Nathan Ball)

Wait... So Faithless is releasing the new Album?

Heart the first 3 albums, and they are really good, damn :D

I could buy them for really cheap in the 3 pack, but they are in that shitty carton cd- scratchin
sleeves ;-;
Must buy them properly one day
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Been playing this magnificent cover over the past week:

R.I.P. Toots

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Bonobo meets Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - in a warehouse in 1991, with a little bit of Class Action

This song is nuts and I love how much TEED has cut loose with his recent releases. Feels like he got in his own head about his still unfinished follow up album and now he's just having fun.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 24, 2020, 15:21

Bonobo meets Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs - in a warehouse in 1991, with a little bit of Class Action

This song is nuts and I love how much TEED has cut loose with his recent releases. Feels like he got in his own head about his still unfinished follow up album and now he's just having fun.

In the same very old skool vein :

Quote from: Csar on Sep 01, 2020, 19:24

Probably not what you had in mind but it reminds me a bit of Paul van Dyk's Pikes, starting at around 2:11.

Ah yes I see where you're coming from. I bought one or two PVD singles in the past, and Humate's Love Stimulation track (PVD mix) but I don't have his albums so probably haven't heard that before. Good though!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 24, 2020, 15:21

Heard this on August bank holiday weekend aka Carnival Weekend in the UK. Of course there was no carnival this year but the BBC comissioned some programming anyway. For some reason they thought a DJ set of Pete Tong B2B with Bonobo on a rooftop in LA was appropriate. And Bonobo played this track as you can hear in this tweet.
https://twitter.com/petetong/status/1299293080466710529

The full set doesn't seem to be on YouTube but I think it's on Mixcloud. I meant to mention the track here but then I went for a run and hurt ny knee and forgot all about it (random info for you there!)

And now for something completely different.
Clown Core: Earth

IT'S MORNING TIME!