It Doesn't Matter

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: estopaman1214 on Mar 25, 2022, 14:58

been listening to midnight in a perfect world by dj shadow a lot lately

also, the new floating points single is awesome

Same! Even grabbed the 3CD 20 anniversary set of Endtroducing, fantastic album, the Private Press is also really good, but Outsider, yeah... Outsider isn't that great
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: gpro2005 on Feb 27, 2022, 16:08

One of the best remixes from Homework's 25th anniversary edition.

Actually this, raw dub, Kenlou Mix and MAW mix are all been made by Masters at Work
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Mar 26, 2022, 19:09

Same! Even grabbed the 3CD 20 anniversary set of Endtroducing, fantastic album, the Private Press is also really good, but Outsider, yeah... Outsider isn't that great
sick! also, i agree, the private press is really good
I won't back down, give me my thunder.

;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Apr 03, 2022, 00:17

;D

This, and Bing Crosby's version of "don't fence me in" is, oddly, some of the best music for a modern day video game. (Assuming your interest is stemming from Fallout 76)

"I owwwwwwwwwwweeeee myyyyyyy sooouuuuuulllll ......... to the company store!"

Actually, South Park.
Doesn't surprise me it is also in FO76.
Fallout radio (F3, F4) have great music, much of it I listen to on regular basis.
Song clicked instantly for me. Such great vocal.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Was scrolling through the 2021 live shows thread when I saw they played a song at printworks.  Someone identified it as Tom's remix of Lack of Love and pointed out that there's actually a "studio" version of it on Tom's soundcloud, so naturally, I downloaded it, uploaded it to youtube music, put it on my playlist, and it's been playing on repeat ever since. 

https://soundcloud.com/rowlands-audio-research/lack-of-acid-4b-tr-dj-edit

I also find myself returning to the youtube clips of the Woo Track very often.  It's too awesome, too funky, it gets stuck in my head.  I need a studio version (hopefully on the next album?) ASAP.  I especially love the part in the clip below where it climaxes with this epic moment of the first two notes, then a pause, first two notes, a pause, then the full synth.  It's so satisfying, but so funky and head-banging at the same time.  Definitely my favorite of the new ID songs. 

GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Fontaines D.C. - Skinty Fia

no idea, no idea

^ I was aware of Something Inside So Strong by Labi Siffre when I was growing up, but this track came to my awareness relatively recently.
I guess it's best known as the track that Eminem sampled in My Name Is.
And the funny thing about that is that Chas & Dave played on I Got The... as session musicians and thus are also on the Eminem track, as discussed in this article.
And why is it funny? Because this is Chas & Dave:

My fave track that the above Labi track infuenced was not Eminem but this one by Primal Scream. At the time of release I thought the Scream had written a great riff. Little did I realise...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Never heard of Chas and Dave.

Rabbit is actually a half decent sounding song, if they could scrub the cockney from their voice a bit more you might have had a crossover hit here in the states. But I suppose that's where the comedy would have been lost.

Interesting. And thanks for bringing to light where Primal Scream "Kill All Hippies" borrowed from too.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

recut - mickey on acid
Eight or over.

See if you can go the full 6 minutes without nodding your head.

Sasha Carassi - Boreale Love Song
IT'S MORNING TIME!

HAAi & Jon Hopkins - Baby, We're Ascending

no idea, no idea

Vangelis - Main & End Titles (Blade Runner)

no idea, no idea