You Should Feel What I Feel

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

I adore DJ Koze.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man - Candy Says (Velvet Underground Cover)
would have prefered the recording from their 2003 gig at Universität der Künste in Berlin because that's what's playing now, but couldn't find it on YT or SC

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 23, 2023, 13:48
London Grammar & CamelPhat
Heard it the other day, solid track, but i like "Dancing By The Night" with SebastiAn more

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 23, 2023, 13:52
Heard it the other day, solid track, but i like "Dancing By The Night" with SebastiAn more
Jep, also a great song :music

Went to see the Jesus & Mary Chain with Primal Scream last night at Crystal Palace Bowl (outdoor gig where the ground is in a natural bowl shape, the stage built on top of a pond).

Jim Reid was in fine voice, his brother William looks like he's slowly morphing into a grumpy version of Jerry Garcia.
JAMC finished their set with a long blistering version of this track:

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Reverence

Primal Scream's set was different from their Screamdelica-heavy set I saw them do last year, and they've added a sax player whilst keeping the 5-person gospel choir. I'm still sad about the passing of Martin Duffy though. My first Scream gig where he wasn't there.

Anyway this little gem from their much overlooked Beautiful Future album popped up, and I loved it.

Primal Scream - Suicide Bomb
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Bowie reincarnate? helluva track!

RAR liked back 6 months back. Guess I'll like as well.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 05, 2023, 10:36
I'm still sad about the passing of Martin Duffy though. My first Scream gig where he wasn't there.

I saw the scream back in June. I was very tentative about seeing as a few day ls before I watched a  video "were primal scream responsible for the death of Martin  Duffy?"  By YouTuber James Hargreaves who does some excellent music documentaries.

Whilst the scream obviously were not responsible for his death it might have soured my experience of seeing them, understanding more about the band dynamic and how the digital impact of music industry has shaped the bands touring needs.

I was very interested to see who could possible replace such a talent. All most pissed myself when Terry Miles, the youtube boogie woogie piano man came on stage. This man is the very antithesis of a primal scream member.  He is in no way an edgy fella, looks like a cross between elton john and 1970s radio one DJ. Sure the man can play the piano, but he'll he did not have the soul that Duffy gave the music.

I enjoyed the show overall, but its not the primal scream of old. They had their line up changes over the years and they have always had that edge. But the loss of Duffy has just made it the Innes and Gillespie show 

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Aug 17, 2023, 16:59
...the Innes and Gillespie show.
this is pretty much where I've landed. as much as I love that band, enough people have left or passed away that I feel like their time has passed. sadly. 

every so often I remember this exists, revisit it, and I find myself at peace for a moment.

A couple of new-ish tracks

Sam Shure - Plus Ultra

When I first heard this one below I thought: nahhh. But after a couple of listens I changed my mind to: yessss. It is indeed the Kelis song, in fact I think her actual voice has been used (?).

Alex Wann - Milkshake
EDIT: now known as Milkshake 20 (Alex Wann remix) by Kelis
Last Edit: Sep 28, 2023, 19:33 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

One of my 90's favorites
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Aug 30, 2023, 16:56

One of my 90's favorites
Awesome duet. Honestly, don't recall hearing this one before, and yet it's just such a perfectly under the radar 90's track.

Just appeared in my YouTube feed. Some guy live looping on a Juno 106. Sounds incredible 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I love you Summer, but Fall is here and is without a doubt my favorite season. 

The Hives - Fall Is Just Something Grownups Invented

Crash Test Dummies - The Ballad of Peter Pumpkin Head (XTC cover)

Cannonball Adderley - Autumn Leaves

Cover version time.

In 1723 Johann Sebastian Bach wrote Air On the G String in D major.
In 1967 Procol Harum released a prog/psychdelic rock cover of the above tune called A Whiter Shade of Pale. It reached No 1 in the UK singles charts, No 5 in the US charts and sold over 10 million copies worldwide. Even though I kinda respected the track, I always felt it was a bit naff or dated for my young ears (!).

So imagine my surprise when in 2023 a new version came out that...I really like. I guess it's a little bit cheesy, but the more I hear it, the more I like it. They've even managed to add a groove to the song without ruining it. And that vocal from Coco...wonderful.

Klement Bonelli Feat. Coco - Whiter Shade Of Pale

In 1981 Kraftwerk released their album Computerwelt/Computer World. The final track on the album was It's More Fun To Compute. In 2023 Camelphat have covered/re-worked/sampled the track and added some vox from Chemical collaborator Ali Love. Is this better than the original? Nah, course not. But you might like it anyway. Or not. Who knows?

CAMELPHAT & Ali Love - Compute

There's also a longer 4:24, and an extended 6:21 version on YT if you're interested.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 28, 2023, 20:16
So imagine my surprise when in 2023 a new version came out that...I really like.

So you don't like Annie Lennox version of it?
no idea, no idea