Would You Like to Come Inside?

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
To use Twitter type lingo: That moment when you realise that the track you just discovered is three and a half years old.
This came out on Monkeytown in summer 2012, and I'm glad that I (eventually) came across it.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

too bad quality of the video is not so good... RIP
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Funkdoobiest & B-Real - Wopbabalubop

no idea, no idea

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/688124354840793088

Thanks for the suggestion Ed.  This is kinda fun.  I can imagine these guys playing live in a pub or small venue and getting the room moving.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh yes. And with another EP coming later then a new album. I feel like Im getting spoilt:

(also special mention to rihanna cover of new person, same ol' mistakes by Tame Impala actually not that bad considering the music was basically the same with just her vocals)
Last Edit: Jan 28, 2016, 12:02 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 28, 2016, 11:59

Oh yes. And with another EP coming later then a new album. I feel like Im getting spoilt:

Excellent video ! And the music is good too, not my favourite Massive Attack material though

(also special mention to rihanna cover of new person, same ol' mistakes by Tame Impala actually not that bad considering the music was basically the same with just her vocals)
really ? I thought it was completely useless. Her voice doesn't bring anything interesting, she could have at least done an original instrumental. It's weird to do a cover of a song that's been released 6 months ago too... Now all the ignorant kids are going to praise her for a track she has absolutely nothing to do with.

Quote (selected)
really ? I thought it was completely useless. Her voice doesn't bring anything interesting, she could have at least done an original instrumental. It's weird to do a cover of a song that's been released 6 months ago too... Now all the ignorant kids are going to praise her for a track she has absolutely nothing to do with.

it would've been nice to see more change to it I agree but I guess cause it's her voice alone makes it an interesting cover. She acknowledges Kevin for that track apparently as the sole creator. I guess i liked it cause like with her other contemporary covers/collaborations  it shows her a bit of street cred compared to the other major pop artists. Some media are analysing the lyrics and applying it to her career/life as well.  she's Maybe taking the piss out herself cause the new album isn't as what everyone had hyped up to be etc. the rest of the album except for a couple of tracks seem like unfinished ideas.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 29, 2016, 09:55

it would've been nice to see more change to it I agree but I guess cause it's her voice alone makes it an interesting cover. She acknowledges Kevin for that track apparently as the sole creator. I guess i liked it cause like with her other contemporary covers/collaborations  it shows her a bit of street cred compared to the other major pop artists. Some media are analysing the lyrics and applying it to her career/life as well.  she's Maybe taking the piss out herself cause the new album isn't as what everyone had hyped up to be etc. the rest of the album except for a couple of tracks seem like unfinished ideas.

Yeah but I don't think her fans are the kind to go see the credits for each track

How could I miss out on this?

RJD2 is an exceptional artist.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)