Life Is Sweet

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 07, 2016, 14:04

Pr0n

When I first discovered her I really dug the beats and vocal structure on miniskirt but I couldn't get into the album unfortunately as if the miniskirt was different to the rest of the songs on that album. This one is OK though.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Recently bought the album from OS. Good investment ended up being:

I have a feeling I already posted this, but the sun is out now so it's even more perfect...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Bevond the Wizards Sleeve - The Soft Bounce

The first complete album by Richard Norris and Erol Alkan on vinyl. It's touches a wide spectrum of 70s and 80s avantgarde, experimental influenced pop songs. It's deep and trippy. A couple of more listens for a final verdict.

Quote from: Joslyn on Jul 13, 2016, 19:37

Bevond the Wizards Sleeve - The Soft Bounce

The first complete album by Richard Norris and Erol Alkan on vinyl. It's touches a wide spectrum of 70s and 80s avantgarde, experimental influenced pop songs. It's deep and trippy. A couple of more listens for a final verdict.
I've only heard Diagram Girl (below) so far. It reminds me a little bit of Spacemen 3. I like it. Is the album version longer? Feel free to give us a fuller review at some point. This track certainly sounds very different from their hard-to-find Arc 1 album from '08 which was a psyche rock thing as far as I can tell (from youtube). 

Spacemen 3 were very much around in 1991, so I guess these tweets make sense:
https://twitter.com/erolalkan/status/718009708158836736

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/750745896254599168
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: MIKL on Jul 09, 2016, 07:53

Recently bought the album from OS. Good investment ended up being:

I'm seeing Holy Fuck next week at DC9. I'm excited.

https://soundcloud.com/jacquestransversal/dans-la-radio
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Wild Beasts - Get My Bang

no idea, no idea

Spoiler
Sideboob

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 14, 2016, 23:04

Spoiler
Sideboob
Ha! You funny bastard.
FF seem to have a liking for one-girl videos. I think they did it better in the video below, and it has better
Spoiler
sideboob
in it too!
Incidentally they were working with a Mr Stephen Morris around the time of this earlier video (when there were three of them, there's only two of them now), and I reckon they took inspiration from the the second video here for their own approach.

admittedly there's no
Spoiler
sideboob
in this though.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

In happier news today Jagwar Ma's new single is fantastic:

Never for money, always for love.

YESSSSSSSSS!

They played it at Glastonbury and that acid line was intense.

My favourite track from Metronomy's new album

Drugstore & Thom Yorke - El President

no idea, no idea

I discovered this band before The new Avalanches album dropped and it probably got me in the mood for the avalanches new direction, given the historic lo-fi sound and story of self worth and love stories. The Velvet Underground with Nico def come to mind when I hear this. David Holmes's new project:

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)