Dig Your Own Hole

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I feel like this is the new Losing my Edge for current times. Very catchy:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

^^^^

I like that. I like that a lot.
Lots of little melodic (& sometimes lyrical) references to older LCD songs. Very nice indeed.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hey guys, I wan't to listen to some of the specific tracks you guys are listening to, but I don't have the time to check them out on my computer like I used to. Is there some type of application we can collectively use to submit songs and create a communal rolling playlist of some sort?

The new Queens of the Stone Age Album is pretty kick ass. Opening track is rockin'

classic chem beats @ Roundhouse. one of my all time fave vids!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I ain't fuckin' with you

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 11, 2017, 18:07

I wonder why they didn't put in the best part of that live version, at 2:08 in that video...

Favourite track from the album. There are some Surface to Air type sounds in there.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 31, 2017, 03:54

Hey guys, I wan't to listen to some of the specific tracks you guys are listening to, but I don't have the time to check them out on my computer like I used to. Is there some type of application we can collectively use to submit songs and create a communal rolling playlist of some sort?
Great idea. There's got to be. Give me a few days to find one.

It could essentially create a "Now Playing" radio station.
Never for money, always for love.

Not really a fan of Unkle or the rest of this album, but I've been really digging this one track for the last couple months.
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Sep 18, 2017, 02:50
Not really a fan of Unkle

How can you not love Be There?

no idea, no idea

Underworld - Bruce Lee

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 19, 2017, 10:45

Underworld - Bruce Lee
It's kind of a unique track isn't it? Karl's vocals obviously make it sound 'Underworld' but the groove makes it stand out. The Micronauts did an interesting remix but the remixes didn't keeep that fantastic original groove which has an almost blues-y vibe about it.

I've been listening to my original CD of Beaucoup Fish in the wake of the re-release but haven't been tempted to spend any money this time. Discs 3 & 4 of the new 4 disc box are all remixes which generally don't improve on the original (and with a couple of exceptions are easy to find elsewhere), whilst disc 2 has some nice curiosites but doesn't feel essential (for the money). The original album didn't even need remastering IMHO.

Anyway listening to Beaucoup Fish has me thinking (again) that R&K havent been afraid to borrow an idea or two from elsewhere. Karl was asked in a Guardian webchat last year if King of Snake was their attempt at Donna Summer's I Feel Love, and he replied "no it wasn't but we still paid". And listening to Push Upstairs, the slightly woozy melody line that comes in at around 2.28...

...reminds me of the melody line in JX's Son Of A Gun (circa 3.52). Which in turn sounds similar (though not identical) to something on Yello's Oh Yeah. Just thought I'd mention it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

^ Yes.

I actually enjoyed Disc 2 a lot. There's always at least a couple of songs on these Super Deluxe versions that really feel like you're getting a new b side from the era. Ramajama was the one for me this time and it was a really interesting listen. And the alternate versions of classics like Push Upstairs and KOS were a lot more informative in terms of how they ended up putting the album together, than the demo versions of stuff from the previous 2 albums. I thought so, at least.

For me though, it's actually the Remaster that made the whole thing worth the money. I truly heard brand new parts of songs that I am beyond familiar with. Everything sounded perfect and almost re-mixed within the scope of the original structure. Little parts were given more space, more emphasis and it somehow gave new life to an album that has been with me for the better part of 16 years. I regularly had to stop what I was working on when I first listened to it - to just sit and appreciate what was going on.

I'm definitely a happy customer.

Prevously known as Let Go Of My Acid. Been around since 2014, unreleased til now.

https://soundcloud.com/mixmag-1/premiere-artwork-let-go-of-this-acid
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 27, 2017, 17:50

Produced by SebastiAn

Been listening to Deadly Valentine more lately and starting to like it more each time. Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Paul McCartney have done production for this album too. So hopefully some more interesting songs to come.

There's a shot from the movie Melancholia which she was in in this new song:

Pharrell Williams & Gwen Stefani - Can I Have It Like That

no idea, no idea