I See the Sun Now

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
This is the best thing ever.

Quote from: Ben_j on Apr 01, 2018, 15:06

This is the best thing ever.
Gonna ask you about that again when Hot Acid Rhythm 2 is released.
no idea, no idea

Old, peacefull and calming.

Was shown this by a buddy of mine. Loving it and you will too:

Entire album is class.
Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 05:17 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Jon Hopkins - Emerald Rush

no idea, no idea

^^^ Fuck yes! Very excited for the rest of that album.

I don't think I've listened to Mr Hopkins since I was in Pooter's car in San Francisco two and a half years ago, being whisked away to go and get pie! Memories.

Going to stick Immunity on right now.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Shout out to MIKL for the recommendation. The album is delicious.

I'm also listening non-stop to Hayley Kiyoko, but I wont subject you guys to my new found love for lesbian pop music.

Got to admit, I only really ever get excited over a new Hot Chip release only when Soulwax or LCD/James Murphy do a new remix for them but this new solo song from Alexis is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=314&v=ZbijIkLgY44

Last Edit: Apr 21, 2018, 11:38 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 21, 2018, 10:57

Got to admit, I only really ever get excited over a new Hot Chip release only when Soulwax or LCD/James Murphy do a new remix for them but this new solo song from Alexis is good:

Fixed that for you.
Facinating fact: I was looking at Alexis Taylor's instagram a while ago. He had some pics outside his house, and taking his kid to school (and his local tube station). I realised he lives literally about a one minute walk away from where I used to live (now, about 20 mins away). It's not a very posh area. But I guess Hot Chip have to split their money at least five ways...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 21, 2018, 02:47

Shout out to MIKL for the recommendation. The album is delicious.

I'm also listening non-stop to Hayley Kiyoko, but I wont subject you guys to my new found love for lesbian pop music.

So turns out Kevin Parker/Tame Impala produced this track of hers too:

Overall I was hoping the whole album would be a little better and cohesive in style like more bootsy collins old skool funk/soul influence. Some tracks sounded a little Amy Winehouse. I like Amy Winehouse and she's already done the more jazzier/brassier style well, Kali could've gone the old school funk/soul route and would've killed it. After the Storm is proof of that.
Last Edit: Apr 22, 2018, 05:19 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Catch it while you can. Previously uploaded to YT while Prince was still alive, it didn't stay up. Will it last this time?

The 13 minute live version of Purple Rain that got edited down and used as the actual album version. Subtitle comments on where the edits took place run throughout the video. I can see why they chopped down the intro. However, I would have liked him to keep that third verse (which I've never heard before) even if the lyrics may have needed a tweak.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Daft Punk - Rollin' & Scratchin'

no idea, no idea

Seriously though. Still wow. Every time.
Just TRY and write a more beautiful song. I f**king dare you.
Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:09 by Enjoyed

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 04, 2018, 00:45

Seriously though. Still wow. Every time.
Just TRY and write a more beautiful song. I f**king dare you.
Can't do it. It's too good.
Also can't play the video. Most of those "topic" YT videos for artists don't work on this side of the pond. I wonder which territories they do work in.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 04, 2018, 00:53

can't play the video. Most of those "topic" YT videos for artists don't work on this side of the pond. I wonder which territories they do work in.

Bummer. I'll fix and make this comment redundant.

Also, there was a band that did try to write a more beautiful song... They JUST fell short:

another awesome Dan The Automator Production