Surrender to the Void

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Fully in love with these new MTS tunes.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Virgo: Free Yourself

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Turns out The Avalanches have decided to sample some of these guys for the new LP. I remember these guys they were pretty savvy mixing punk/rock with breaks and samples around that time as well:

"MIND BENDING CHEMICALS"

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I don't like the whole album but from what tracks I do like, I really like and can't seem to just let go cause I don't like the whole album. This is another one:

Anna Calvi - Hunter

no idea, no idea

Who remixed it better?

1) ShadowParty - Reverse The Curse [The Other Two remix]

2) ShadowParty - Reverse The Curse [A Certain Ratio Rework]

Original version
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 11, 2018, 19:21

Who remixed it better?

1) ShadowParty - Reverse The Curse [The Other Two remix]

2) ShadowParty - Reverse The Curse [A Certain Ratio Rework]

Original version

Option 1 (The Other Two Remix) I may like it better than the original because it sounds more consistent and the sound seems to suit the vocals more if makes sense. Reminded me of Primal Scream probably because of the additional female vocals as well. Second remix didn't seem to gel too well but liked some elements in there. Just my opinion and taste anyway.

Quote from: MIKL on Sep 12, 2018, 00:04

Option 1 (The Other Two Remix) I may like it better than the original because it sounds more consistent
I like the fun, bouncy vibe of the ACR rework. But in terms of consistency, yeah The Other Two wins.

Quote from: MIKL on Sep 12, 2018, 00:04
Reminded me of Primal Scream probably because of the additional female vocals as well.
When you wrote that, were you aware that the female vocalist actually is Denise "Screamadelica" Johnson?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I used to refer to this tune as the song that chose my stereo for me, because I had the Electricity single with me when I was going around shopping for a new stereo one Christmas and I kept asking the folks at the store if I could  play my CD to compare.
Still deliciously smooth.

On the flip side. Pearl's Girl is the track I used when deciding which studio monitors to purchase.  8)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 14, 2018, 18:44

I used to refer to this tune as the song that chose my stereo for me, because I had the Electricity single with me when I was going around shopping for a new stereo one Christmas and I kept asking the folks at the store if I could  play my CD to compare.
Still deliciously smooth.

On the flip side. Pearl's Girl is the track I used when deciding which studio monitors to purchase.  8)

This particular remix reminds me of the mixes Cut Copy used to do and this was one of the many tracks they'd intertwine when they were just in the beginnings of becoming a band. (They're both from Melbourne and were part of the indie dance movement at the time down here back in the early 00s where they were both good at there broad musical tastes in DJ sets mashing tunes that were mixed like they were meant to be together). Think 80s rock pop bands mixed with European house as one example. Unfortunately Cut Copy haven't done complexed mixes like that for quite some time now and tastes change over time I guess.

Note: I may've mentioned this already probably sorry in advance if I have.
Last Edit: Sep 16, 2018, 07:34 by MIKL

How is this possible?  :o
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Vitalic's new EP (as Dima) is awesome. Especially this track he's been playing in his sets

A little ashamed to say that targeted advertising on Instagram worked this time.
Saw this album, 'Zelda & Chill' advertised and had to check it out.

Oath to Order has always been one of my favourite pieces of Zelda music. Topped only recently by the stunning Hateno Village theme.

First half of this video challenges stereotypes, or something. But the second half is full-on brutal.

Love S.O.S.

IT'S MORNING TIME!