Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 14, 2015, 12:38

The best "feel good" track you can find  ;D

I beg to differ...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I beg to differ

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm gonna one up everyone, including myself.

You can literally hear her smiling.

First track off the posthumous album of Offshore.

So sad that such a talent died :(
Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 19:02 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 15, 2015, 18:39

First track off the posthumous album of Offshore.

So sad that such a talent died :(

Never thought they would release something new of him. Ewan Robertson always delivered and his album Bake Haus was an enveloping  journey of instrumental complexity. Great artist, very sad his passing.

Quote from: Nekcore on Jul 15, 2015, 21:19

Never thought they would release something new of him. Ewan Robertson always delivered and his album Bake Haus was an enveloping  journey of instrumental complexity. Great artist, very sad his passing.
Yeah, I was really (happily) surprised to see this popping on my Deezer feed. I hadn't read all of the text, but it seems the album will be getting remixes from Amon Tobin, Slugabed, and other people I never heard about :

Two and a half years on from the sad and untimely passing of Ewan Robertson aka Offshore, we can announce the release of a last album from the Aberdonian musician and designer. The tracks for the new record, 'Offshore' were all more or less completed before his death in 2012. His family, his partner and Big Dada have pieced the album together as close to his original intentions as they could manage, to create a suite of music which in its openness, beauty, humour and joyfulness, both hints at what Ewan could have gone on to achieve, and celebrates what a unique and lovely human being and musician he was.

In addition, artists including Ikonika, Amon Tobin, Blue Daisy, Slugabed, Mamiko Moto, Lockah and Enchante have all contributed remixes and expect videos and photographs from long time collaborators.

All profits from the record are to go to the Marfan Trust (marfantrust.org) at his family's choosing, it was the condition that affected Ewan.

The sadness felt by those who knew and loved Ewan is still very real, but this record is a chance to celebrate what a unique and talented individual he was. In that spirit, please enjoy your first taste of the record, "Off Peak".

Now playing : new Hybris
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 09:19 by Ben_j

Public Enemy - Man Plans God Laughs

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 16, 2015, 09:10

Yeah, I was really (happily) surprised to see this popping on my Deezer feed. I hadn't read all of the text, but it seems the album will be getting remixes from Amon Tobin, Slugabed, and other people I never heard about

Oh man, that's going to be insane.

Now listening:

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 14:47 by Nekcore

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 16, 2015, 21:51

http://soundcloud.com/ratatat/nightclub-amnesia
It's always the same with Ratatat. I listen to their new track (in that case, Cream On Chrome), think "hey, this is nice !", then go on to listen to the whole album and get bored after 4 tracks because they all sound the same :/

BITE hasn't arrived yet, so...

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 14, 2015, 19:24

I beg to differ

Great tune!
Though this song gets my spirit up when I'm down every single time since 1998. Love or hate it

New remix of Paul Hartnoll

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 17, 2015, 09:10

It's always the same with Ratatat. I listen to their new track (in that case, Cream On Chrome), think "hey, this is nice !", then go on to listen to the whole album and get bored after 4 tracks because they all sound the same :/
I have to say that I didn't listen to anything else, I don't even know the band, but the song sounded great.

Todd Terje feat. Bryan Ferry - Johnny And Mary

no idea, no idea

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 29, 2015, 17:01

One of my absolute favorite Tribe songs.  The horns, the bad French accent, & the youthful exuberance win every time.