Do It Again

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Yup, I agree. Some of those covers are world class. But, there has been so many of them in the series that it comes off rather distracting and desperate while watching Westworld. It's one of the main gripes I have with the show, along with it suffering from a lot of un-original ideas.

I struggled to decide if I liked it after the first season. But, Anthony Hopkins character ultimately won me over. In result, I hyped myself for the 2nd season and got only as far as three episodes till I had to walk away.

(my opinion)

Red Axes feat. C.A.R. - 5 Min

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 09, 2018, 19:49

Yup, I agree. Some of those covers are world class. But, there has been so many of them in the series that it comes off rather distracting and desperate while watching Westworld. It's one of the main gripes I have with the show, along with it suffering from a lot of un-original ideas.

I struggled to decide if I liked it after the first season. But, Anthony Hopkins character ultimately won me over. In result, I hyped myself for the 2nd season and got only as far as three episodes till I had to walk away.

(my opinion)

I enjoyed season 2, maybe even more than one, since now I'm quite comfortable in that multiple timelines they regularly use to tell a story
I'm also addicted to a story, can't let it go until I know how it ends, even if storytelling gets progressively worse from season to season so Westworld has that on me
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

This is one of those random tracks you come across and listen to it just for the chorus/melody-hook part because its addictive.

First instance of it is from about 50 seconds in.

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Emika - Run

no idea, no idea

^ She's an alumni from the same Creative Music Technology degree I studied at university. Very cool to see her success.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

she was working as an engineer or something like that for steinberg native instruments
no idea, no idea

This artwork caught my attention while I was browsing bluedots festivals twitter feed.

So did a little research on who this band is and it turns out there's pretty interesting stuff there.

https://vesselsband.bandcamp.com/
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 19:45 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bekindtoyourdonkey on Jun 10, 2018, 17:40

Awesome psychedelic electronica...makes me feel all tingly-wingly

Bekind shared Vessels a while ago. I went and got both albums after listening to that track and have been enjoying them a lot while I've been working in the heat.

That artwork is real nice too.

I definitely second (third?) the recommendation.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 22, 2018, 19:47

Bekind shared Vessels a while ago. I went and got both albums after listening to that track and have been enjoying them a lot while I've been working in the heat.

That artwork is real nice too.

I definitely second (third?) the recommendation.
And I even liked his recommendation (which caught my attemtion because of your passionate remarks) back then. Geez, I have the attention span of a fruit fly it seems. At least I'm consistent with my taste.
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 20:46 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Veneno - Matanza Avanza (Duncan Grey Extended Version) played by Andrew Weatherall at bludedotfestival 2017

— Aurora (The Seed)

I must admit I was a fan of some dirty electro or 'blog house' (when tumblr was cool) (I think that was another term to describe the style of electronic music coming out in mid 00's). The purposely low quality compressed as fuck mp3 sample of this disco classic with retro style computer arpeggios. Still get a bit of a kick out this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBhbMj16VM&list=RDUYBhbMj16VM&t=151
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2018, 10:43 by MIKL

^ Ah yes, in the days before Swedish Ego Mafia, Angelo & Ingrosso had their moments. I remember buying this one on 12":

Buy Now - For Sale (Henrik B & Plec Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Blog house ? I used to just call it electro house. But yeah it was a good trend. In my opinion this is the most emblematic track of this genre, everybody used to play it and to copy it

I loved the fidget house wave that followed too

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 28, 2018, 18:01

Blog house ? I used to just call it electro house. But yeah it was a good trend. In my opinion this is the most emblematic track of this genre, everybody used to play it and to copy it

I loved the fidget house wave that followed too

Electro House is probably a good blanket term for that style of house that was getting made around then which I would probably just use in general but the style of Buy Now! reminded me of the term Blog House which is like a branch of Electro House.

"DJs Erol Alkan, Rory Phillips and Nadia Ksaiba brought acts like Justice and 2manyDJs to the capital, all of them combining disco and '80s classics with noisy electro house."

http://www.factmag.com/2016/06/16/30-best-blog-house-tracks/

Its a good article to describe it.

I actually forgotten the term fidget house you mentioned too which is another form.
Last Edit: Jul 29, 2018, 00:48 by MIKL

Massive Attack & Hope Sandoval - The Spoils

no idea, no idea

Quote from: MIKL on Jul 29, 2018, 00:43

Electro House is probably a good blanket term for that style of house that was getting made around then which I would probably just use in general but the style of Buy Now! reminded me of the term Blog House which is like a branch of Electro House.

"DJs Erol Alkan, Rory Phillips and Nadia Ksaiba brought acts like Justice and 2manyDJs to the capital, all of them combining disco and '80s classics with noisy electro house."

http://www.factmag.com/2016/06/16/30-best-blog-house-tracks/

Its a good article to describe it.

Daft Punk is mostly responsible for the boom of that era. After their performance at Coachella, any artists that had links to, and or had production like Daft Punk were highly sought out. I was one of the many people to get caught up in the hype. It wasn't till I heard most of them DJ or play live (Busy P, Sebastian, Justice, Uffie, Feadz, Kavinsky, Digitalism, MSTRKRFT, and even the beloved Erol Alkan [who I still like] at that time) how terribly uninspiring their sets were. It was loud, grinding, and felt like little creativity was being exerted. All they did was play each others shit house music and sell crappy t-shirts for a premium.

That being said, SMD, and Soulwax were gems coming out of that era. Para One brought some interesting things to the table too, and it was a damn shame about the death of DJ Mehdi.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 29, 2018, 19:57

Daft Punk is mostly responsible for the boom of that era. After their performance at Coachella, any artists that had links to, and or had production like Daft Punk were highly sought out. I was one of the many people to get caught up in the hype. It wasn't till I heard most of them DJ or play live (Busy P, Sebastian, Justice, Uffie, Feadz, Kavinsky, Digitalism, MSTRKRFT, and even the beloved Erol Alkan [who I still like] at that time) how terribly uninspiring their sets were. It was loud, grinding, and felt like little creativity was being exerted. All they did was play each others shit house music and sell crappy t-shirts for a premium.

That being said, SMD, and Soulwax were gems coming out of that era. Para One brought some interesting things to the table too, and it was a damn shame about the death of DJ Mehdi.

Its bound to happen when Busy P pretty much gives his seal of approval with his label to all these acts. After being Daft Punk's manager, I'm sure people thought whatever he thought he was cool, others were going to think its cool. Ed Banger was really popular down here too when they toured with Daft Punk in Australia. They teamed up with Modular Records which was the 'it' label to be on until they went bankrupt. (It was an Aussie label that included The Presets, Cut Copy, The Avalanches and Tame Impala when starting out) The good and talented artists always survive these wave of 'trends' and its pretty much the ones we all still talk about on this forum to this day that have survived. Its like the life cycle of a music genre, starts out underground and interesting and fresh then theres just too much of it when it gets mainstream popularity I guess. Its like the Chems and big beat, there was a lot of half baked attempts from other bands that gave it a go at the time.