Don't Think Just Let It Flow

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yes, this really is a new remix from FC Kahuna.

Matthew Dear x Joe Goddard x Eats Everything - Love Games (FC Kahuna Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Róisín Murphy & Ali Love - Jacuzzi Rollercoaster

no idea, no idea

A couple of tracks from 2016 that are worth a re-visit.

1) Skream - You Know, Right? The synth on this doesn't sound a million miles away from the sound he added to his Chems remix at around the same time. Not a complicated headphone track, just a nice tune to actually dance to.

2) Patrice Bäumel - Dum Dum. Takes a little while to get going. Thanks to Ed Simons for indirectly making me aware of this via Spotify.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'd like to introduce you all to Jenn Wasner, who's easily become one of my favorite artists in the last few months. If you're a fan of Beth Orton and you're looking for more music like her's, Jenn's music is a great place to go.

She has a solo project, Flock of Dimes, where she puts out some amazing folktronic and indie pop tracks - it sounds a lot like Beth Orton's Kidsticks work. She's released a few 12" singles and an album under the name, and I'm really looking forward to what comes out of this project next:

Probably her most significant work has come under the Wye Oak name, her two piece band in collaboration with Andy Stack, a drummer / keyboardist / producer (he literally plays both keys and drums at the same time). Starting as a indie rock band, they're still very guitar oriented, but they've slowly incorporated more electronic and dream pop influences into their sound, especially after Flock of Dimes came to be, and they do a great job of bringing all those sounds together:

Civilian is their peak indie rock album, and it gets more experimental pop / electronic from there. They're also excellent live - had the opportunity to see them at Thalia Hall this summer, where they played their new album (above and beyond their best) in its entirety, and nearly every single one of my favorite tracks from their older albums.

Also in 2013, she did a one-off album with Jon Ehrens called Dungeonesse, which is a ridiculously fun lo-fi electronic ode to 90s pop, RnB and hip hop.

Her music across the board is more indie folk/pop than psychedelic like Beth's music can get, but there's a lot to get into and I'm a huge fan of her songwriting. Hope this scratches an itch for some of you here!
Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018, 18:26 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Thanks for the recommendation Whitenoise. I'll queue up her work in my playlist.

where can I buy the talking Peter Lorre (actually voiced by Phil Hartman) hanging lamp?

While we wait for an official Eve of Destruction, I've been listening to this again (you'll understand why when hear the main melody. Perhaps inspired by Big Fun by Inner City as well among others):

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Feist - The bad in each other

no idea, no idea

Just enjoying new Richard Ashcroft's album.. astonishing.. legend!

Hi Kevin!

BT and Way Out West together again at last.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

New from Erol

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

the retro cheese visuals are still strong in the music industry.

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Is this Under the Influence Mix 2's mother?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

MNDR - Kimono

no idea, no idea

Never for money, always for love.

Songs that played after Free Yourself on YT

— Aurora (The Seed)

recently Thundercat released this goodie:

and apparently Ross From Friends remixed Thundercat

and I do not really frequent a lot of Dnb listening these days, wow is the genre in a bad spot. Cyantific (who made my favorite DNB album in ghetto blaster) finally released a 2nd album and it SUCKS. What happened to Drum and Bass in the last 8 years? the fuck..

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!