Push the Button

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

SebastiAn - Walkman

no idea, no idea

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

This one comes with a little BT related story for y'all...

So my parents were visiting for a couple of weeks recently (haven't seen them in 2 years, so it was a long overdue and lovely time all round). My wife and I spent 2 weeks showing them around Portland, in between our commitments at our ceramics studio. Sometimes we would send them off to various places while we took care of things, or one of us would join them, leaving the other at work.
The latter happened last Sunday. My wife took my parents to a place called Revolution Hall, an old school turned into a music venue, with 3 bars (1 attached to a dog park - so you can drink beers and watch dogs run about!). The 3 of them went up to the roof top bar to grab a drink before we all headed to dinner later that evening. It sounded like a good time and I was glad they were able to relax and enjoy the venue.
Fast forward to the end of the night. I'm laying in bed going through Instagram, watching stories. We get to BT's story. He's been posting about his All Hail The Silence tour with Howard Jones. He posts about this "cool venue that used to be a school" - That's right! I think to myself. He was playing Revolution Hall today. The next story loads... He's on the roof top bar, doing a camera pan around the space, ending on a shot of his wife.
"Woah! BT was at the roof top bar today as well!" I say to my wife.
"Maybe we were there at the same time" she says.
"Maybe! Where were you sat?"
"I don't really remember."
We go back to the video. I'm paying more attention this time. It starts with the first one, talking about the school venue. Then it goes on to the roof top video... I pause the video instantly as his pan starts at the bar... There's a man at the bar, ordering a drink. I'm holding my finger down on the video so that it remains paused. That man, is 100% my father.
BT, one of my all time musical heroes, is stood 2 feet away from my dad as he's ordering a drink.
I freak out and go and show my parents. They're super excited. My dad starts joking about how him and his best mate BT were hanging out while I was at work. I'm laughing, but then it hits me. If I had been the one to go and grab a drink with my parents... I would have met BT.
"Would you have recognised him?" asks my naive wife.
"OF COURSE! IT'S BT!"
We head back to bed and I find it pretty difficult to switch off. I know near meetings do occur, and who knows if you happened to be at a restaurant at the same time as someone famous, or if you might have walked past a coffee shop in the morning that a celebrity was grabbing a quick drink at. But right here, was video evidence of my missed opportunity. I felt gutted. I don't know what I would have said to him, probably just that I thought he was a fantastic musician and that I was super grateful that his music had been such a formative part of my life. But damn. A tough reality to face. If only I had gone for a drink instead of been at work!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

And the videos keep getting weirder for Sebastians new album but I think this song the most liked one for me out of what I've heard out of the 3 so far. He almost goes into a house 4x4 beat towards the end which might be a first for him too:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 21, 2019, 04:14

Mood after work.

That, Jesus built my hotrod and Psalm 69 are still some of my favorites.

Also, check 1:35:33 in CB Glastonbury set

Isn't that sweet? Such a lovely thing to do.
Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019, 15:45 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jul 10, 2019, 12:49

Also, check 1:35:33 in CB Glastonbury set

Isn't that sweet? Such a lovely thing to do.

Spoiler
no idea, no idea

Super master plan, cream of Superman.

Proto version of It Began In Africa live at Ultra Festival 2004 from Biff's rarities pick collection. Dope.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

DJ Shadow & De La Soul - Rocket Fuel

no idea, no idea

Jackie Mittoo - Summer Breeze

no idea, no idea

Lovin this new banger from Sub Focus  . .  Siren . . .

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

James Welsh - D974 [PH90]

James Welsh - Boltmaker [PH90]

IT'S MORNING TIME!

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

@MIKL would you like me to move it to the Impala topic?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

i really dig that kiasmos set. saw olafur arnalds doing his show in february, pretty great!

Eight or over.

Come get ya some Star Guitar for my 1000 post

Super enjoying this new !!! album.

I never give these guys enough credit for consistently making me very happy with their music.
Going to have to go see them at the end of the month and get my party on.