Your Love Is Lifting Me

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whirlygirl on Feb 04, 2020, 15:06

I Break Horses is on the return. Absolutely gorgeous track.

Discovered Death Engine 2 days ago. It's absolutely hypnotising

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 04, 2020, 11:31

I seem to be hogging this thread. Oh well...

CARIBOU - Never Come Back

I think Dan Snaith makes some great stuff, but I can help but think how much better it would sound without him singing in it.

His album Joli Mai released a couple years ago, under the moniker Daphini is worth picking through if you haven't.

Erol Alkan has put out so many different mixes of Spectrum since 2018, I wouldn't blame y'all for being bored of it by now.
But this remix is so different I didn't even recognise it as the same track. Feels like a great tune in its own right.

Erol Alkan - Spectrum (Special Request Kaleidoscopic Mix)

And while we're on the Subject of Special Request. Mr Woolford's obsession with Blade Runner contnues. In a good way.
From his Offworld album:
Special Request - Arse End Of The Moon

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Feb 11, 2020, 17:51

Ha! Very nice remix of the tune from my youth.
Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 19:40 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Joslyn on Feb 08, 2020, 15:04

Quote from: whirlygirl on Feb 04, 2020, 15:06

I Break Horses is on the return. Absolutely gorgeous track.

Ooh, thanks guys for the tip, this totally slipped me by. This is indeed gorgeous! This is Faith- Burn- and Load Your Eyes (
) gorgeous!

Edit: They added another one

Titles are a bit grim, no?
Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 20:06 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 11, 2020, 19:55

Ooh, thanks guys for the tip, this totally slipped me by. This is indeed gorgeous! This is Faith- Burn- and Load Your Eyes (
) gorgeous!

Edit: They added another one

Titles are a bit grim, no?

The titles are grim. But I like it - it awakens my inner goth. ;) I didn't think Death Angel could be topped until I heard I'll Be The Death of You. Just mesmerizing.

*derp* Death Engine
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020, 06:54 by whirlygirl
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I suspect old Strokes fans would be quite divided on this choice as a new single in quite a while. I like it, and its from liking what Julian has been doing with the voidz.

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 29, 2020, 20:20

YES. I saw Reject False Icons back in December and it re-fuelled my love of the band. I even went back to HUMANZ and found a bunch of treats I had completely over looked at the time. Definitely excited for more.

To be honest now after some time I think that Humanz end up better than TNN
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Zella Day - You Sexy Thing

no idea, no idea

New PSB for 2020.
Wait for the housey piano to kick in at 2.03. One for the feet rather than the head.

Pet Shop Boys - Monkey Business (Friend Within remix)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Holy Fuck - Deleters (feat. Angus Andrew)

no idea, no idea

Theme from the new Unabomber documentary on Netlfix. Pretty good series (haven't finished yet), but more importantly, damn, what an awesome track. Nick Cave fans check it out. I think you'll like.

Additionally it's hilarious to look up ""The Worst" band" via google. It gets exactly what you would expect. Pretty hilarious meta joke if that was their intention.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 08, 2020, 20:53
I think Dan Snaith makes some great stuff, but I can help but think how much better it would sound without him singing in it.
Totally agree. The new album has some great moments on it though. Mostly when he's sampling and not singing. Enjoying "Ravi" quite a lot

Xylophone Marimba Madness!
Finally released commercially yesterday.

Chloé & Vassilena Serafimova - Balani

There's also a live performance at Paris Orly airport

And while we're on the subject of women who make electronic music...I've never been a close follower of Ellen Allien. I tend to think of her stuff as too minimal and/or hard for my personal taste. But I heard this track in a DJ mix she did a couple of months ago and it jumped out at me. Released a week ago, Allien has taken a
and turned it into a 134 BPM techno banger. Lovely.

Amotik - Tetalis (Ellen Allien Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 29, 2020, 11:21

Chloé & Vassilena Serafimova - Balani

There's also a live performance at Paris Orly airport

If I went in blind, I would have assumed this was an Orbital track. Good stuff.

to continue female appreciation, here is a classical cover of one my favorite RATATAT tunes that is absolutely amazing.

stuff like this makes you fall in love with music all over again.

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly