Listen to Your Heart

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 13, 2020, 20:03

Following Sean Connery's death I've decided to watch all the old Bonds. Starting with Dr No, of course.

I've been planning to do the same. I re watched all the Daniel Craig Bonds a few months back to get hyped for No Time To Die (now delayed until next summer) and have been trying to convince my wife that it would be a fun jaunt.

My family would watch a Bond movie every weekend on ITV back in the day. Such a great series of movies.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Following Sean Connery's death I've decided to watch all the old Bonds. Starting with Dr No, of course.

Could've sworn this had been mentioned before (not by me). Either way, good spot.

My 007 marathoning starts after Thanksgiving. Me and my brother have made it a thing while we help decorate my parents house for X-Mas.

3:40 onwards is pure bliss if you have good setup/headphones.

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I'm not really feeling the new Woodkid album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BcaEbbn1Vs&list=PLuKT9E8qXrXZZbAU7K6JgRAVOUU1YaSAv&index=2

It sounds to me like a guy singing over the (really boring) Forza Horizon 5 menu music.

More of a now watching as this machine learning video is wild

Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Rebellion der Träumer
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 23, 2020, 23:01

More of a now watching as this machine learning video is wild
pretty cool
Eight or over.

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I'm up to The Spy Who Loved Me. Connery films done (except Never Say Never).
Carly Simon a distinct improvement on Lulu's Golden Gun effort.

I got to 2.14 and went hmmm; the slo mo ladies, the gun, the peaked cap
Am I reaching here?
There was something in one of the other Bond films (Between Dr No and this one) that made me think of the Chems too. Can't remember what it was now.
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 01:41 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We started too! We're onto Thunderball tonight.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 10, 2020, 01:31

Connery films done (except Never Say Never).
I'm not sure I would watch Never Say Never as part of the marathon myself. Even if I was missing Connery (which, having started these, I really was). That film really aint good.

Also, not really Chems related, and unlikely to be what made you think of them in an earlier movie, but hearing the sonar sound effects in Goldfinger caused a rather magical instant connection in my lizard brain (I imagined it a little like the old operators connecting calls with phono cables)...

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

(00:48)

EDIT:
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 10, 2020, 01:31

There was something in one of the other Bond films (Between Dr No and this one) that made me think of the Chems too. Can't remember what it was now.

Was it the underwater Thunderball title sequence and Wonders of the Deep?
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 06:49 by Enjoyed

Last Edit: Dec 21, 2020, 20:01 by GLAKO-FAHN
Eight or over.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 10, 2020, 06:09

EDIT:
Was it the underwater Thunderball title sequence and Wonders of the Deep?

For me, Wonders Of The Deep must have been inspired by For Your Eyes Only. Especially the last 30 seconds here. One of the better Bond songs IMHO.

[Side note: I think this is the only time the performer of the Bond theme has appeared in the opening credits].

Incidentally I'm up to Octopussy and it's...a terrible film!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 22, 2020, 02:23

For Your Eyes Only. Especially the last 30 seconds here. One of the better Bond songs IMHO.

I just re-watched this movie and I have to agree, definitely one of the better bond songs.

Shirley Bassey probably the best of the bunch, but Carly Simon and Marvin Hamlisch with my personal favorite song. I would totally drunk karaoke "nobody does it better".

One of the better Bond songs IMHO.

Second that - and this is my favourite Bond movie. And Corole Bouquet is a beauty, although she has facial expression like a plank.

Talking about better Bond songs,  me has to say that one of the best songs is Licence To Kill while the movie itself is one of the worst - maybe the worst - Bond movies.
no idea, no idea

Great bond theme that never was.

Incidentally I'm up to Octopussy and it's...a terrible film!

It turns out I'd never seen Octopussy! We watched that one on Monday and I honestly loved it. Peak sillyness but also just a tonne of fun. The scene with Bond biding for the egg near the beginning had my wife and I giggling away.

We made the questionable decision to include Never Say Never Again in our continued binge. Watched that one last night and, it's OK. Better than I remembered it. But, not sure I needed to see Thunderball again. Domino Vitali > Domino Petachi. Though I did enjoy Fatima Blush.

We had a couple of nights off a few days ago but need to get back on track to have Goldeneye fall on Christmas. So we're probably doing both Dalton movies in one day. Wish us luck!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 25, 2020, 20:22

And now for something completely different.
Clown Core: Earth

WTF. This is both insane and incredibly talented. Just watched another one. The saxophone solos are bloody awesome (as are the drums). The concept is funny and smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gha9xrM10w&feature=emb_rel_end
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

think they write the lyrics using the deepak-chopra-bullshit-generator ai?

Eight or over.

I can't stop listening to Fujiya & Miyagi

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Dec 23, 2020, 00:46

Great bond theme that never was.

Jarvis Cocker traded it in for a cameo on the Harry Potter series.

I'll take Ian Brown as my favorite cameo in that series though...