As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

I really do love Gorillaz.

My Deluxe Almanac finally arrived the other day. It's straight up gorgeous.
Came with 4 prints of the band members in the debut design. Soon to be mounted alongside the Gibb prints from Surrender 20.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

reposting, because I fucking love this song and still awaiting the LP

2020 in a nutshell (and early 2021, for that matter)

it comes from the Netflix documentary Unabomber: 'In his own words'. Pretty interesting from what I remember.

Also great as a live version:
Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021, 10:17 by Stefan

Really like this group, hoping 2022 I'll get to see them:

;
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 17, 2021, 09:58
Also great as a live version:
but i thought we all press play..she's got a pretty cool setup—impressive!
Eight or over.

Take a spoken word Instagram clip and turn it into a tune. I haven't decided how much I like this, but damn it's got stuck in my head. And now it can get stuck in yours!

Fred Again - Julia (Deep Diving)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Moby - Flower

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 26, 2021, 12:53

Moby - Flower

YESSSSSSS

Used for the opening of Gone In 60 Seconds. It's on regular rotation on our work playlist.

funky fresh

;

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 26, 2021, 23:39

Used for the opening of Gone In 60 Seconds. It's on regular rotation on our work playlist.

I first heard it in a documentary called Life Cycles, and instantly thought "sounds like moby but i don't know that song"

Starts at 18:00. Bet Moby is proud that one of his songs is used during a scene where a tree is cut down  ;)
no idea, no idea

Haven't seen Gone in 60 Seconds in quite a while (One of the first DVDs I bought), but yup, that song is absolutely ingrained with my memory of that movie. Campy car-fetish film with a great soundtrack.

Another awesome Moby track from that era that was used appropriately, go see the weird ass film 'Salton Sea'.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 27, 2021, 20:06

Another awesome Moby track from that era that was used appropriately, go see the weird ass film 'Salton Sea'.

People can say what they want about Moby, but Play was a really good Record

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 27, 2021, 20:06

'Salton Sea'.
I remember seeing a movie called The Salton Sea, maybe it's the same? But that was decades ago so i don't even remember what the story was
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 28, 2021, 15:08

People can say what they want about Moby, but Play was a really good Record

I remember seeing a movie called The Salton Sea, maybe it's the same? But that was decades ago so i don't even remember what the story was

yes, 'The Salton Sea'. It's the one where Val Kilmer stars.

Do people trash on Moby?

I mean, he says he had a period where his output was rather derivative due to his debauchery and substance consumption issues, but he's a great song writer.

Edit: his acoustic interpretations of his material is really cool

No idea how this one slipped past me, but it seems Mike Doughty released a corona song last year as part of a new EP.

Yet to check out the other tracks but him and Scrap worked with one of the Beastie Boy's producers. Colour me interested.

I thought we had a bespoke UNKLE thread. Maybe on the old forum?

More cowbell!
UNKLE - Do Yourself Some Good

UNKLE announce Rōnin I mixtape

"The record is meant to be like a night out at a party or club from the beginning of the night to the end"
Last Edit: Mar 13, 2021, 22:16 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Mogwai - Ritchie Sacramento

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 29, 2021, 08:00

No idea how this one slipped past me, but it seems Mike Doughty released a corona song last year as part of a new EP.

Yet to check out the other tracks but him and Scrap worked with one of the Beastie Boy's producers. Colour me interested.

Last show I went to was him on Feb 12 2020.