Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 13, 2016, 15:18

None of you will enjoy this but I DON'T CARE.
Love the video
no idea, no idea

If we're going full JAPAN...

https://soundcloud.com/brain-cloud-1/09-mirror-neurotic

I never did make that K/J-Pop topic...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I just found this fantastic version of TSU:

This has been on repeat today. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 13, 2016, 21:58

I like what I'm hearing, I'm giving this a go tomorrow.

And may I recommend the new Garbage album. No real new ground broken, but definitely a nice rock album. Shirley Manson sounds just as sultry as I remember in my wet dreams.
Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016, 23:28 by Bosco

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 13, 2016, 15:18

None of you will enjoy this but I DON'T CARE.

KKB FTW
Is that Berghain at 0.26?
There are plenty of recognisable London bits in there. The still image is Butlers Wharf - which I used to regularly breeze through when I was going to the bank on behalf of my employer (fascinating eh?)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 13, 2016, 16:55

^I feel better about posting this now
Ah Pizzicato Five. I bought their Quickie EP on import at Tower Records back in '95. I thought I was being terribly quirky and broadminded at the time. Pre-internet, people didn't listen to much J-Pop in western Europe. i guess Youtube and music sharing sites have opened up the musical world since then.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2016, 12:14 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 13, 2016, 21:58

I remember when Sweet Bird Of Truth came out, I wondered if Matt Johnson had been watching Top Gun and decided to "go dark" with that vibe. Still a great tune although the plodding 80's beat dates it a little bit. There's an official video to this but it's not available in my country. Why the fuck not?

Last Edit: Jun 14, 2016, 12:45 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 14, 2016, 12:11

Is that Berghain at 0.26?

I believe so, yeah! Didn't spot it the first time through.
It's all shot on their European tour.

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 14, 2016, 12:23

I remember when Sweet Bird Of Truth came out, I wondered if Matt Johnson had been watching Top Gun and decided to "go dark" with that vibe. Still a great tune although the plodding 80's beat dates it a little bit. There's an official video to this but it's not available in my country. Why the fuck not?

Matt Johnson is such an underrated songwriter and the trilogy of albums with Johnny Marr (Infected, Mind Bomb, & Dusk)are the crown jewels in his discography. 

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 13, 2016, 23:25

And may I recommend the new Garbage album. No real new ground broken, but definitely a nice rock album.
Really? Garbage is one of my all time favourite albums (stupid girl is one of the best songs my ears ever met), but i don't like most of the stuff they've done after. Have to give the new one a spin
no idea, no idea

I'll try once more to get you guys to appreciate the stupidly amazing talent of Adult Jazz...

If you were impressed by Radiohead using pizzicato strings then you've no excuse not to admire the baller use of trombone in this track.

Why do all these experimental pop music groups have to have really creepy music videos? Featuring shiny false-textured animations of the human body (FloriDada)?

Honestly trying this. It sounds like weirdness for weirdness's sake... I just feel confused, paranoid, and slightly annoyed. Conceptually it's cool how they used the trumpet in a number of ways, but the execution sounds... idiotic, despite the obvious precision in every sound and modulation. Is it deliberate idiocy? Clearly there was a lot of work and talent put into this, but I'm not moved or impressed by the work... unless becoming confused and slightly annoyed counts as being moved, in which case... thanks?

I don't know, in my experience when I can't stand certain music, I either love it within a year, or I was right.
Never for money, always for love.

One of the new iPhone ads had me searching for this track. I love the instrumental, not too sure about the vocals...

Massive Attack - Eurochild

no idea, no idea

There seems to be a trend for people releasing videos for their tunes long after they have made an impact, e.g. The Chems "Deserted" and New Order's "Tutti Frutti". But this is worth the wait and worth a full screen view.
Jamie xx: Gosh
https://vimeo.com/173313382

And yes that "Eiffel Tower" really is in the Chinese city of Tianducheng. One third of the original size.
More info: Here and Here

Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 17:40 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Why does the last minute of the song reminds me on Orbital's 'Belfast'?

Orbital - Belfast

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 05, 2016, 01:54

There seems to be a trend for people releasing videos for their tunes long after they have made an impact, e.g. The Chems "Deserted" and New Order's "Tutti Frutti". But this is worth the wait and worth a full screen view.
Jamie xx: Gosh
https://vimeo.com/173270520

And yes that "Eiffel Tower" really is in the Chinese city of Tianducheng. One third of the original size.
More info: Here and Here

This video sucks. The original video for Gosh was much better and much better fitting

Romain Gavras keeps doing the same video...

MSTRKRFT back in force !

Pr0n