And the Darkness That You Fear Will Disappear

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure about this batch of new music from Massive Attack, not as good as the last EP. These are very minimal and stripped back even more.

This one sounds like Hope Sandavol has sung for them again:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jul 29, 2016, 21:31

This one sounds like Hope Sandavol has sung for them again
Wikipedia says yes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Sandoval

I do hope they one day will release Red Light with Stephanie Dosen on vocals. Goosebumptrack.
no idea, no idea

This shit is fucking awesome. Of course I knew Pump Up The Volume but the b-side is amazing. Where do I find more like this? Just listen to AR Kane?

Speaking of Pump Up The Volume I think they're sampling it in live performances of EML Ritual. The metallic whooshes around :22, :24, you can hear something like it after the first peak ends on the Manchester Parklife recording.

Never for money, always for love.

The "S" from MARRS died on 13th July.
The Chems certainly liked a bit (ok, a lot) of 4AD. I wonder what Exit Planet Dust would have sounded like if they hadn't got their hands on so many 4AD records...
I seem to have cassettes on my mind today, and I used to have this 4AD compilation on Cassette: Lonely Is An Eyesore. No AR Kane on there, but there is a Colourbox track amongst some other great tunes exclusive to this compilation.

Indie labels were a funny bunch back then. Factory famously used sandpaper for a record sleeve so that it would destroy the sleeves of the records next to it. 4AD decided to package up this compilation into a box containing the same album on four formats and gift them to the artits who contributed. But Dead Can Dance "refused" to accept their allocation. So about 50 of them were put on sale to the public instead. Looks like one sold on Discogs in January for £1,262 !!
You could buy all four formats on Discogs without the unweildy box for a fraction of that...

I used to think that Ofra Haza's Im Nin'Alu was sampled on Pump Up The Volume, but I was wrong. Good tune though.
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2016, 11:31 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

DJ Shadow & Ernie Fresh - The Sideshow

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 04, 2016, 08:39

DJ Shadow & Ernie Fresh - The Sideshow

One of the only three awesome tracks off the new album.  The track with Run The Jewels is great.  So is this...

The rest is the suck.  :(

Yesterday, I dusted off some amazing records that my brothers used to buy in the 90's. And this one was the jewel of my brother at that time.

Such cool energy, it's like a time travel to the awesome rave era. Gave me that nostalgia vibe so fucking good.

Last Edit: Aug 07, 2016, 01:56 by Nekcore

:music

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Andrés - Mighty Tribe (Original Mix)

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 06, 2016, 17:49

One of the only three awesome tracks off the new album.  The track with Run The Jewels is great.
I think The Sideshow is a real huge track, maybe one of the best songs he ever did. Nobody Speak is nice, indeed, but comes not even close to The Sideshow. For the rest of the album:

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 06, 2016, 17:49

The rest is the suck.  :(
Sadly. But my opinion is that Shadow only made 2 records that you can listen to from scratch to the end (Entroducing and UNKLE's Psyence Fiction), all the others have a lot of not so good tracks on it.
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016, 13:57 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Behold!
The Evidence

It Began...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The devil is in the details

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 16, 2016, 13:49

I think The Sideshow is a real huge track, maybe one of the best songs he ever did. Nobody Speak is nice, indeed, but comes not even close to The Sideshow. For the rest of the album:
Sadly. But my opinion is that Shadow only made 2 records that you can listen to from scratch to the end (Entroducing and UNKLE's Psyence Fiction), all the others have a lot of not so good tracks on it.

I actually like quite a bit of The Private Press.  Also, Preemptive Strike is amazing. 

Prophets Of Rage
[/b]
no idea, no idea

Nice track, nice video. I'm curious to hear the new Birdy Nam Nam album

My girlfriend and I listened to the Hamilton musical on the way back from Scotland on Sunday (my choice, not hers - I listened to it when I was driving round The East Coast and completely fell in love with it) and hot damn, The Schuyler Sisters track is funky as f##k.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Bought this vinyl back in 2004 (jeez, 12 years already!?!). Still love the samba drums, the Portuguese female vocal, and that hard synth line toward the end. Would always play it at +4 to give it a little more oomph on the dance floor.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRvX2Il-0-I
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I've discovered my new favorite French math rock band:

Never for money, always for love.