Your Love Is Lifting Me

Roll call: U.K. Tour 2016

Started by chemdup, Sep 01, 2016, 22:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Thought I'd start one off, who is in and for what date. Add your name below and let's have a good old fashioned forum meet up! #loveisall

Chemd'up- Glasgow 7th, Blackpool 9th, London 10th,11th
MC_Marsh - London 11th
Fine Time - Blackpool 9th, London 11th
GraySquire - Glasgow 7th
Last Edit: Sep 06, 2016, 13:24 by Chemdup
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Haven't been on here for a bit......

I'll be there on the 11th!

I'm  in  for  Blackpool  Friday 9th
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016, 11:09 by Fine Time
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I encourage everyone who can, to meet up. The more the merrier, always.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hometown for me - Glasgow on the 7th.

Myself and Mike (chemicalfan) will be going on the 11th

Maybe is should swap my Saturday tickets for Sunday ones. MC Marsh is a bit of a blast from the past! Cant believe you'd choose to go to London town
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Sneaker, switch to the Sunday.

On a positive note I have just seen that Paranoid London are supporting the London shows, 303's and murky vocals, saw them at secretsundaze once, brilliant.

Quote from: Sneaker on Oct 01, 2016, 07:55

Maybe is should swap my Saturday tickets for Sunday ones. MC Marsh is a bit of a blast from the past! Cant believe you'd choose to go to London town

Haha! Would've preferred Blackpool but couldn't get tickets (or in any case a day's holiday). London has worked out better for me in the end.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

It's today!!!!

I'll be heading straight from work - if anyone fancies a beer beforehand?

Great gig in Glasgow last night. So refreshing to see a proper two hour set after seeing so many (shorter) festival appearances. We got a welcome return of Hold Tight London and the Reel as an encore. Superb.

Slightly surprised the current C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L single only got a very short reference. I thought it would get a proper playing. I guess its always been more of a DJ set track though.

Believe being dropped from the set was maybe a bit of a surprise but I've heard it so many times live now that its good to see other things getting a bit of air time in its place.

My only criticism is that the set didn't seem to have a mid point mellow moment, where in the past Surface to Air of Sunshine Underground might have been played. It was pretty full on stuff from beginning to end.

So many other good moments though. Some great mash ups. I was driving last night so had to experience the gig 'dry'. A good thing in some ways when you saw how big the queues were at the bar, it being Glasgow.

I came away thinking the Chems should really do this sort of gig more often and not rely entirely on festival appearances. 

Hi Toby and welcome to the forum! It's always a pleasure to read gig reviews! Glad they returned with HTL and the Reel - I mean, it's their home match, they had to :) Did they play Wide Open too?
I hear your critisicm about their recent sets not having a calm mid part, like for instance at the iTunes festival with the celestial Surface to Air rework. But I have to admit, they've done this for years now, so it's nice to have something different for a change. Let's see what they come up with in their last UK gigs.

Quote from: Toby on Dec 08, 2016, 19:42

I came away thinking the Chems should really do this sort of gig more often and not rely entirely on festival appearances. 

Where can I sign? But I reckon, the sad truth is that's where the money is these days to make it profitable, given the vast investments needed to set up shows like these.
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016, 11:53 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hold Tight London!!! It's the shit live! Way to catch an audience... and way too short!!!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 09, 2016, 11:48

Hi Toby and welcome to the forum! It's always a pleasure to read gig reviews! Glad they returned with HTL and the Reel - I mean, it's their home match, they had to :) Did they play Wide Open too?

Hi Csar. Thanks! I was registered on the old official Chems forum but I didn't realise you guys had started this one up. Good to see everyone is still together here.

Yes they did a storming version of Wide Open. That was another real moment in the set. 

Another thing I just remembered about the gig was that there seemed to be a return of some of the cool older visuals they've used in the past. Like all the black and white footage. Its funny because I got a re-tweet on Twitter from Ed just before the gig because I said this would be my first Chems gig since seeing them in the Slam Tent at T in the Park in 2004. To this day that remains the most intense and amazing gig of my life. Ed seemed to remember it well too. Tom and Ed must have really picked up on the vibe in the tent that night. It was something special, and I've been to a lot of gigs over the years. Its odd because you just need some undefinable ingredient to make a gig like that special.

Anyway I don't seem to get the chance to go to many festivals these days (I'm getting too old sadly lol) so I leapt at the chance to see the Chems in Glasgow. I saw them live so many times between 97 and 2004 so it was so good to see them again after such a along break and only seeing them on TV at Glastonbury and the Don't Think concert. 

It  was  great  to  see  The  Chems  in  Blackpool  on  Friday ,  the  venue  and  atmosphere  was  excellent.

Loved  the  whole  show  but  highlights  and  stand-out  tracks  for  me  were  Chemical Beats  ,  the  Temptation  intro  ,  Out of Control / Setting Sun  and  the  stunning  live  version  of  Future - See You There  , . .  this  song's  so  intense  live  ,  the  energy  builds  and  builds  and  the  psychedelic  visuals  on  the  big  screen  look  amazing  ,  I  hope  they  keep  this  in  their  sets  2017 / 18.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Dec 11, 2016, 12:11
2017 / 18.

You think they'll be still touring? I mean didnt they usually do 2 year tour (15/16) and then a break or back to studio?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I hope you are still in post-glint state because I'm waiting for some big-ass, immersive reviews!!!
Last Edit: Dec 13, 2016, 12:55 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 13, 2016, 12:38

I hope you are still in post-glint state because I'm waiting for some big-ass, immersive reviews!!!

For the first time, I actually clapped at a live vid! Im eating sandwich and chips at lunchtime and when WO ended, i gave a mighty applause with some roast beef and cheddar in my mouth.

guy in crowd "FUCK YEAH"@ 12:37 

@Toby & Finetime

Good read on your reviews of the show. I geek out the most on CB than most songs. I enjoyed Believe so many times that I look forward to its replacement,HTL! Good decision to bring it next to Wide Open!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Btw. They added (?) something to the Reel's intro (and througout). Some kind of extra sample/ synth that goes along with the sitar pattern on every third bar. It really pops out at min 14:00. Have you ever heard that before?

Also, this season's Reel is the shortest and yet most complex version they've ever done.
— Aurora (The Seed)