Surrender to the Void

Roll call: U.K. Tour 2016

Started by chemdup, Sep 01, 2016, 22:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Dec 13, 2016, 22:09

Btw. They added (?) something to the Reel's intro (and througout). Some kind of extra sample/ synth that goes along with the sitar pattern on every third bar. It really pops out at min 14:00. Have you ever heard that before?
I think I heard it in one of the recordings of last year's South American tour.

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Fantastic! Thanks, WRC! Too bad the ending of Wide Open and the best parts of the Reel are cut.

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 14, 2016, 07:36

I think I heard it in one of the recordings of last year's South American tour.
Can you remember which one?
Last Edit: Dec 14, 2016, 19:34 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

UGGH.

FUCKING CHILLS MAN.

Thanks for posting the vids. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit: Fuck. Just finished watching the whole set of vids. Brought some tears to my eyes at the end.

It's fantastic to me to see T&E continuing to love performing together and for the audiences. Just absolutely fantastic.
Last Edit: Dec 14, 2016, 20:51 by MadPooter

Logistics :  How  many  lorries  does  it  take  to  transport  The  Chemical  Brothers  stage  show  .  .  a  lot  ,  and  they  need  to  be  big  ,  i  took  this  photo  in  Blackpool  ,  the  concert  venue  is  the  other  side  of  the  tour  trucks. There  were  other  vehicles  parked  around  the  corner  as  well.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Dec 14, 2016, 21:34
Logistics : 

I love such photos and insight man! Great!
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Csar on Dec 14, 2016, 18:38

Can you remember which one?
Here:

The sound kicks in later in the song, though (around 3:40 in the video).

Quote from: Csar on Dec 14, 2016, 18:38

and the best parts of the Reel are cut.

This! I personally dont like the 'woohoo' bit! The Reel should be left alone!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 15, 2016, 19:37

This! I personally dont like the 'woohoo' bit! The Reel should be left alone!
You don't like the Stones sample in it? Personally, I find it brilliant that they found it and made it fit so perfectly with the Reel. Because judged on its own, never ever had I thought that this song could be associated with the Reel whatsoever.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I felt it was better obscured in the 2011 version, it felt more psychedelic and blended more together
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Dec 15, 2016, 23:50

I felt it was better obscured in the 2011 version, it felt more psychedelic and blended more together

I actually agree. I thought the addition of the Stones in there was pure fucking genius, but it works better as more "background noise" than something to be put absolutely in the forefront.

Still, I'll take it. Sympathy for the Devil is actually my favorite of theirs. <3