Forum 2.0 > Born in the Echoes

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

(1/40) > >>

Ben_j:
Rather than continuing a little off topic on the singles recap thread, let's talk about C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. here (and the track deserves its own topic anyway :D)

In case you didn't follow, the track is finally getting released in a new Japanese edition of Born in the Echoes, on the 27th of September !

In case you REALLY didn't follow, C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. is a track the Chems have been using for 4 years in their DJ Sets, most of the time as the opening track :

Here's an older version, that I like more :

Wolkenkrabber:
Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that just as the above video fades out, the video here continues the track.  If so, that means that CHEMICAL is about ten minutes long.

*EDIT*. Ok Ben has edited his post now. I meant the first of the two videos above.

Bendy1001:
I still haven't seen the Chemical Brothers live yet, but I do occasionaly listen to some live versions of songs on youtube. That said, this is my first time properly listening to this song and damn is it funky. Really looking forward to getting a clean, good quality version of it. Not sure how I feel about 10 minutes though, seems like it could get kinda repetitive outside of a live performance.

Ben_j:

--- Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 05, 2016, 13:38 ---Correct me if I'm mistaken but I think that just as the above video fades out, the video here continues the track.  If so, that means that CHEMICAL is about ten minutes long.

*EDIT*. Ok Ben has edited his post now. I meant the first of the two videos above.

--- End quote ---

I think it will be a bit shorter (6, 7 minutes ?) because the end loops for a long time on both versions

EDIT : the older version is actually just 8 minutes long. Minus the ~1mn of looping at the end, it would be 6 or 7 minutes long.

inchemwetrust:
Great news Ben!

I think this is the first time that'll actually buy 2 copies of the same album. The additional remixes on the 2nd disc is worth the purchase!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version