It's the Lifestyle We're Living

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

Started by Ben_j, Sep 05, 2016, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Fuck yes
This song is gold. Should have been the opening song to the album
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

This tune is insane!!! :o
I liked the funkyness of the first version more but still it's a killer track. Hope Erol Alkan playes it when I go to see him next month.

This Japanese Born in the Echoes tour edition is the first Japanese really worht buying for me with both BITE exclusive tracks (Direct Buki & C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L), both BITE chemical remixes (Go Edge of control and Wide Open by light of the moon mix) and all the singles remixes. Nice!!!

Makes me wonder what's in store for Europe/US releases in the near future

Yeah, I'm really tempted to buy this one too. It's at about €37 right now and I was a little hesitant. But all those remixes of Wide Open (esp. Tom's) and CHEMICAL alone are totally worth the purchase.

Btw, do you guys also think that the bell sound at the beginning of CHEMICAL is "borrowed" or at least inspired by A Modern Midnight Conversation?

Quote from: Joslyn on Oct 01, 2016, 05:53

Did Europe ever get something special like Japan or the US?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hope Erol Alkan playes it when I go to see him next month.
It feels like an intro to a Chems set (well, it is!) so for me it would be a bit odd if anyone else played it.

NOTHING! ...probably.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 01, 2016, 07:12

all those remixes of Wide Open (esp. Tom's) and CHEMICAL alone are totally worth the purchase.
I think many of us had everything on CD2 apart from CHEMICAL. They were certainly all out there for not-much-money. So 37 Euros seems like a lot for one extra track from my point of view.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 01, 2016, 07:12

Did Europe ever get something special like Japan or the US?
Nope, NOTHING. Unless you want to count easier availability of EBW 12"s (and physical singles in general).
UK & Ire didn't even get BITE the same time as the rest of the world. Why look after your home fans?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I came here to tell you I'm through
WHAT DO YOU MEAN
I'll tell you old man!
I'm 18 years old, I got a lot of spendin' to do
So I check up on you

- C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

It's what i managed to translate in the song
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Oct 01, 2016, 15:48

- C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

It's what i managed to translate in the song

THere's also:

BROTHERS

:D
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

BTW in this video on 4:18 and 5:20:

T&E are laughing at guys with masks:

Hi Kevin!

AH THIS SONG IS SO GOOD

This is the kind of Chems music I want to hear more of - rough and ready. There's so much imperfectly polished sound in there, synths with weird harmonics that aren't perfectly managed or rounded of, larger than life mastering, all sorts of "WHOA" effects. Damn this might be one of the best BITE era tracks, fantastic for being last our the gate!

Reminds me of Come With Us and some of their wonkier uncommon b-sides like No Need, Delik, The Duke, Silver Drizzle...

Not only is the intro percussion from AMMC... I think the percussion in the thick of the song is straight from EBW8!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 01, 2016, 10:15

I think many of us had everything on CD2 apart from CHEMICAL. They were certainly all out there for not-much-money. So 37 Euros seems like a lot for one extra track from my point of view.
Nope, NOTHING. Unless you want to count easier availability of EBW 12"s (and physical singles in general).
NOOOO! HOW would I have gotten these tracks in the first place ;) But seriously, having these tracks uncompressed and clean seems like a great excuse to spend a little more. And there's a reversed white paint cover on CD2!!!

UK & Ire didn't even get BITE the same time as the rest of the world. Why look after your home fans?
Well, I guess that's the trade-off we have to accept with the plenty of live gigs we get here in good o'l Europe.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 02, 2016, 03:10

AH THIS SONG IS SO GOOD

This is the kind of Chems music I want to hear more of - rough and ready. There's so much imperfectly polished sound in there, synths with weird harmonics that aren't perfectly managed or rounded of, larger than life mastering, all sorts of "WHOA" effects. Damn this might be one of the best BITE era tracks, fantastic for being last our the gate!

Reminds me of Come With Us and some of their wonkier uncommon b-sides like No Need, Delik, The Duke, Silver Drizzle...

Not only is the intro percussion from AMMC... I think the percussion in the thick of the song is straight from EBW8!
I agree. This bonus track is superb and splendidly joins the ranks of the tracks you mentioned (man I love No Need and Silver Drizzle. Pourqoi as a bonus track was a little meh though with Further).  If b-sides on maxi cds were still a thing, this is the type of track I'd be on the look-out for. I can still remember when I was trying to get Spring on a physical medium here, but all there was were those Believe remixes and Giant (which is awesome too).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Explud on Oct 01, 2016, 22:29

BTW in this video on 4:18 and 5:20:

T&E are laughing at guys with masks:

This is cool. Thanks!

As for the track itself.

First listen - not what I expected.
Now - ON REPEAT!!!

Amazing chemical power in this one.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Me want to hear it too
no idea, no idea

Last Edit: Oct 02, 2016, 13:38 by wrclaguna
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Really  into  this  ,  listened  to  it  in  full  (first  time)  this  morning  on  my  tablet  ,  .  .  of  course  the  sound  on  a  tablet  doesn't  do  it  justice  ,  .  .  now  listening  to  it  through  my  digital  sound  system  with  headphones  totally  brings  it  to  life  ,  what  a  track  .  .  .

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

If C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. would have made it on the orignal album release,it would've been in my top 3 from that album. Reminds me of the 'Da Funk' as all of you have mentioned. Its good to have a new chems track added to my Chems playlist on my phone.

Yet another track that should of been given to us originally on the album (example: Dont Think)

Not sure if there's a long version of it, and this track also sounds a tad different than the dj sets played, but nevertheless,i hope I get to hear it played soon live if they ever do a dj set here in the states (which is overdue)

Now we wait for the radio 1 premier with Tom interview.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 02, 2016, 16:55

If C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. would have made it on the orignal album release,it would've been in my top 3 from that album. Reminds me of the 'Da Funk' as all of you have mentioned. Its good to have a new chems track added to my Chems playlist on my phone.

Yet another track that should of been given to us originally on the album (example: Dont Think)

Not sure if there's a long version of it, and this track also sounds a tad different than the dj sets played, but nevertheless,i hope I get to hear it played soon live if they ever do a dj set here in the states (which is overdue)

Now we wait for the radio 1 premier with Tom interview.

What about Superflash? That track is amazing too, they should release the studio version too!
So let your body rock...

Not me. I hadn't purchased any of these yet and am thrilled to get them all on one CD. The only downside for me is I already own the BITE deluxe edition, but even then, I'm adding value with Direct Buki.

I do wish they would figure out a better way to release the remixes and bonus tracks on discs for international release. There's clearly still a market, but the paying fans are the ones that suffer.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

My copy arrived today. Very happy. :music
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but this Japan Special Edition comes with a full lyric insert that is quite thorough. It lists all tracks from the original Japan version including Direct Buki and Wo Ha, but not C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. from the new second disc.

I'm not sure which is better: "Wo Ha" written in succession about 2 dozen times, or the end of Taste of Honesy listed as "(lots of humming but no actual words)".

Quote from: satur8 on Oct 05, 2016, 23:47

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but this Japan Special Edition comes with a full lyric insert that is quite thorough. It lists all tracks from the original Japan version including Direct Buki and Wo Ha, but not C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. from the new second disc.

I'm not sure which is better: "Wo Ha" written in succession about 2 dozen times, or the end of Taste of Honesy listed as "(lots of humming but no actual words)".

My favourite is "Dust radiate"