Get Up On It Like This

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

Started by Ben_j, Sep 05, 2016, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Haha, is RSD that well received?! That's actually a good thing, people get out and shop for good music instead of just another overpriced "fruity" device.

Can anyone of you lucky owners make out what the echting says on side A?

Btw, that Tom gif really made me laugh, Enjoyed!  ;D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2017, 15:33

Can anyone of you lucky owners make out what the echting says on side A?

Mike the exchange Mike Marsh mstering Chemst 31 A

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 22, 2017, 17:03

Mike the exchange Mike Marsh mstering Chemst 31 A
Thanks! I hoped they'd put something witty or a quote on there.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2017, 15:33

Haha, is RSD that well received?! That's actually a good thing, people get out and shop for good music instead of just another overpriced "fruity" device.

Except that it's people who already buy records a lot, and are stupid (sorry everyone, myself included) to spend way too much on a 'unique' item. Their idea of trying to get regular folks interested in vinyl isn't really working so well.
Also, unfortunately, there's a large chunk of the RSD store goers that are there to buy the rare stuff and sell it for a profit. Again, not quite what the guys behind the event had in mind.

Still. It's nice to get up early and go wait in line with other (mostly) passionate music fans. And I always make a day of it -  listening through vinyl I haven't played in a while.

I also have an order of Skint and Fluke records that arrived on Friday that I'm working my way through.
Did someone say the 3xLP Promo of Squirt???
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Some good points there, Mr Enjoyed. I didn't bother this year. I decided I've had enough of queueing up for ages in order to throw stupid money at a record shop for stuff I don't really need. They should be queueing up to take my money! Also there used to be live bands in London's Berwick street, so if you didn't get what you wanted you could still have some fun. That's stopped now.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 22, 2017, 17:36

Also, unfortunately, there's a large chunk of the RSD store goers that are there to buy the rare stuff and sell it for a profit. Again, not quite what the guys behind the event had in mind.
Last year, when I eventually got into Rough Trade East in Brick Lane, an extra employee for the day told me that the staff had taken first dibs on the rare stuff the night before - which was partially why the stuff I wanted was already gone. Now I love that shop but THAT did not impress me.

Here's someone even more cynical than me on RSD:

https://twitter.com/RecordstorEbay/status/855697533854679040

Never mind Europe, this really is an Africa shaped Toto pic disc being played on a weird record player. Alan Partridge couldn't have come up with this...

https://twitter.com/RecordstorEbay/status/855786427807936512
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 22, 2017, 17:36

Did someone say the 3xLP Promo of Squirt???
Ayyyy. The Eurocopola mix is legendary.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 22, 2017, 19:58

Ayyyy. The Eurocopola mix is legendary.

I was equally excited just to have Kitten Moon and Amp on the same piece of wax.

Quote from: toxic on Apr 22, 2017, 07:40

I just picked up mine for €25!  :)

Just ordered it for €21 :music Not bad amazon uk! It was a bday gift to myself!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 22, 2017, 20:13

I was equally excited just to have Kitten Moon and Amp on the same piece of wax.

Love Fluke. I got losslesa rips of these. Oto and Risotto are amazing albums.

Quote from: neorev on May 03, 2017, 22:40

Oto and Risotto are amazing albums.

I also really love Puppy, though it is arguably a very different sounding Fluke (what with Mike leaving).
I hope they start doing some reunion/nostalgia stuff like everyone else is doing...

im not sure if this flew over peoples heads but Justin Warfield (NAD) did the vocals! (the credits are on the back cover...DUH!)

But the question remains....did he do the vocals recently prior to release, or did the Chems have his vocals under lock and key this whole time since they last worked together???

I think the chems kept it for ages and were waiting for the right time to use it!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Genuinely thought it was all CGI composited on top of a mo-cap suit. Very cool that someone crafted those as costumes.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 21, 2018, 14:47

Genuinely thought it was all CGI composited on top of a mo-cap suit. Very cool that someone crafted those as costumes.
I know, right? Thought the same. Great find, Pum.
Last Edit: Jun 21, 2018, 21:25 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yeah, it's new great collaboration for Chems, so, keep it up, T&E&A&M!
Hi Kevin!

For those who are interested in such things, I might have found a sample used in C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L.

I've recently came upon the song "Entschuldigung" by C.O.N. (The Chems played it at their DJ sets) and the part from 2:43 on sounded familiar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQQ2HdwFPg&feature=youtu.be&list=LLLjmH8Zihvnm2g1QgId796A&t=163

I think T&E might have used it for the beat in their song, starting at 1:24, right after the "I need to be part of something" sample. What do you think?

Btw, there's a second Chems connection here, albeit more far-fetched, but the high-pitched sounds starting at 2:12 (and with a slightly lower pitch at 2:27) reminded me of the awesome transition between Got Glint and Wide Open at the end of their 2018 tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HId9LXOXZ_k&feature=youtu.be&t=3655

speaking of samples, I dunno if anyone has mentioned this (as I'm too lazy to scroll through past comments) but the intro beats are the same pattern as the ones in A Modern Midnight Conversation (possibly taken directly from AMMC without the bassline).

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 18, 2019, 21:19

For those who are interested in such things, I might have found a sample used in C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L.

I've recently came upon the song "Entschuldigung" by C.O.N. (The Chems played it at their DJ sets) and the part from 2:43 on sounded familiar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQQ2HdwFPg&feature=youtu.be&list=LLLjmH8Zihvnm2g1QgId796A&t=163

I think T&E might have used it for the beat in their song, starting at 1:24, right after the "I need to be part of something" sample. What do you think?
Seems very thin to me. I think it's just two similar sounding basslines.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 18, 2019, 22:02
speaking of samples, I dunno if anyone has mentioned this (as I'm too lazy to scroll through past comments) but the intro beats are the same pattern as the ones in A Modern Midnight Conversation (possibly taken directly from AMMC without the bassline).
It was mentioned a while back but thanks for reminding me to finally check it out! Definitely the same bell sample/pattern, but maybe pitched up a bit in CHEMICAL?

On another note, I never realized it was Justin Robertson Warfield on this track but coincidentally I ended up sequencing Not Another Drugstore after CHEMICAL in a lengthy chems playlist I've been working on because I thought they went so well together..
Last Edit: Apr 08, 2019, 18:55 by actionjackson780