My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

Started by Ben_j, Sep 05, 2016, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
It's probably not in the video. It's difficult to hear in the actual CD track so I assume in a DJ set it would be even harder

Does it sound anything like this version from 2013, without the last part?

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Bummer that the insane breakdown isn't in the final version, which is a bit toned down compared to the the DJ version.
Still, it's an absolute killer track, I'm so happy that they released it!

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 30, 2016, 10:52

It's here ! It's basicaly the third version, with a few stuff changed.

Hey Ben_J, could you send me the Track via E-Mail? Seriously, I really want to hear the track, I just can't wait to hear it. Would it be possible?  :D
So let your body rock...

Interesting... The credits for CHEMICAL are all in japanese but something comes out : Daft Punk - Da Funk. A sample maybe ? I can't hear where in the track it would be used  ???

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 30, 2016, 14:44

Interesting... The credits for CHEMICAL are all in japanese but something comes out : Daft Punk - Da Funk. A sample maybe ? I can't hear where in the track it would be used  ???
YES. Can totally hear it. Well done for naming it without being able to hear it. Listen to CHEMICAL from 2.09 onwards. The guitar bit -it jumps out. EDIT: Or I just got over excited...
Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 14:56 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 30, 2016, 14:49

YES. Can totally hear it. Well done for naming it without being able to hear it. Listen to CHEMICAL from 2.09 onwards. The guitar bit -it jumps out.
I think it's the big bass beat at 1:23

Yeah actually I might be full of shit. But the guitar sounds very Daft Punk to me. (or Stardust-y, Music Sounds Better With You).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Thank you guys! I quite like that they gave that break at 4:20 a little time to breath by turning off the beat (opposed to their DJ set version clips) like I wanted back when I heard it for the first time. I believe it's got a much better effect that way. Also, that little hint of a melody with that synth that comes in at about 2:55 is really nice. Can't say why but it sounds a bit familiar, perhaps sampled? But it's more likely that my senses play tricks on me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Wait, no it's neither ! It's the bit at 3:03 ! It's so obvious

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 30, 2016, 14:54

Wait, no it's neither ! It's the bit at 3:03 ! It's so obvious
It's that stab sound, isn't it?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is that stab sound not a guitar?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

If anyone would be kind enough to PM a copy of C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. in lossless, since CDJapan screwed up my order and I had to go elsewhere thus delaying me hearing it even further, I may be able to return the favor. If you're a Meat Beat Manifesto fan, I have a copy of the exclusive 2016 tour only EP in my hands and will gladly share it in lossless for your help. Cheers!

mayigetapmofthetracktooplease?  ;D
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Looking at the images on DISCOGS, (click image then scroll to the far right) the white booklet has lots of English on it. It credits a sample for CHEMICAL to It's Automatic by Freestyle. But I don't see any reference to Daft Punk on there.
"So Let Your Body Rock" at 4.21

Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 19:52 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

[/url
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 30, 2016, 15:04

Yes listen to Da Funk at 1:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IewQqGpdmh8&t=1m52s
Hm, the more I listen to the Da Funk stabs and the ones at 3:03 the less I think it's a sample they used. It's got sort of a different tone and pattern imo. Are you sure it's a sample? I mean they do sound quite similar but..
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 30, 2016, 19:41

Looking at the images on DISCOGS, (click image then scroll to the far right) the white booklet has lots of English on it. It credits a sample for CHEMICAL to It's Automatic by Freestyle. But I don't see any reference to Daft Punk on there.
"So Let Your Body Rock" at 4.21

This is also referenced in the credits. I should post a picture of that section. Can anyone here read/translate Japanese ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 30, 2016, 21:59

This is also referenced in the credits. I should post a picture of that section. Can anyone here read/translate Japanese ?
Please do, I'll try with the OCR of Google Translate   ;)