Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L

Started by Ben_j, Sep 05, 2016, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
This is great. It's like releasing Base 6 as an unexpected 2003 single! I'd love to see a 12" with that artwork backed with something. @Skyscraper there would be 4 versions as the released version's different from the 3 they DJed with.

Yeah, 10 minute Go, techno Radiate, 3 C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L demos... let's see them release their entire demo collection why not?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 04, 2016, 18:33

let's see them release their entire demo collection why not?
That's something I would most likely spend an unhealthy amount of money on.

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 04, 2016, 18:52

That's something I would most likely spend an unhealthy amount of money on.
Spending money on good Chemicals is healthier than expected ;)
no idea, no idea

B-Sides 2 has to happen, with Porquoi and Rock Drill getting proper high quality releases.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2016, 11:19
Oh, I now that I see this version again: did they keep that ugly "so let your body rock" sample?

Csar - I've been processing this comment for a month now and I love the sample. I'm probably biased since I used to play Freestyle's 'Automatic' in my earliest sets, but it works for me. In reading your comment I wondered if nostalgia had taken hold. Perhaps it has, but after a month of plays, I love C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L (and all its parts) as much as I did on day 1. Probably more.

Love or hate the sample, for me it's the most exciting track to come out in years.

Last Edit: Nov 07, 2016, 14:14 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

BTW - I'm not sure if this came up on a pre-C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L thread, but does anyone else remember BPD/Jimmy? It's not technically a sample, but it's an influence to say the least.

Last Edit: Nov 07, 2016, 14:13 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 06, 2016, 23:00

Freestyle's 'Automatic' ..., but it works for me.
I think it punctuates the track nicely. It's not very 'deep', but then the track is meant to be a DJ intro that says: "Here's the Chems, get dancing", so... yeah!

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 06, 2016, 23:06

does anyone else remember BPD/Jimmy? It's not technically a sample, but it's an influence to say the least.
Good spot!  :)

This may be a longer shot, and comes under the "that reminds me of" heading rather than, "that's definitely an influence", but the bit around 4.11 in CHEMICAL where the spell-out goes echoey reminds me of the SAFETY spell-out on this track at 0.38. Could just be a coincidence though.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 06, 2016, 23:00

Csar - I've been processing this comment for a month now and I love the sample. I'm probably biased since I used to play Freestyle's 'Automatic' in my earliest sets, but it works for me. In reading your comment I wondered if nostalgia had taken hold. Perhaps it has, but after a month of plays, I love C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L (and all its parts) as much as I did on day 1. Probably more.

Love or hate the sample, for me it's the most exciting track to come out in years.

Sorry, I somehow overlooked your comment. Ha, really, a month? That was not my intention :). Well, to be honest, it doesn't really bother me as much anymore as it did when it first surfaced in their later DJ sets after the previous versions were around on yt.
It's not even that it might be a particular bad sample (I love oldschool tunes/ samples and there's nothing wrong with a healthy dose of nostalgia btw ;) !!!). On the contrary, it totally works with its original in my opinion (I was a little harsh in my previous posts). But in the track's context it felt goofy and out of place to me.
Now that it's out, I can live with it and it certainly doesn't diminish the appreciation I have for this track. It's a killer tune that would make a worthy candidate for the beloved EBW series!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 07, 2016, 23:23
Ha, really, a month?

Haha...maybe that's a bit of hyperbole. You posted the original comment a little over a month ago at a point when I had only heard the video versions. Once I got the Japanese exclusive CD I literally thought, "Csar called this sample is ugly?!? Is it corny? Am I missing something (becasue of nostalgia)?". Then I'd think..."No way." The more I listened, the more I needed to respond.

Good to hear you've come around. And even if you didn't... hey, we're all individuals with our own opinions. Either way, your casual comment stuck in my brain for some reason.  ;D

umm satur8, we are a chemical brothers hive mind. if you do not agree that every chemical brothers song is the best song ever made, then u must leave this honey bee comb. opinions are only facts if they are our factual opinion

Spoiler
8) 8) :P :P :P :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 09, 2016, 02:28

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Resistance is futile, you mean?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This is awesome. The novelty dj tool never to be released is getting a music video.

YEAAAAHH!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!! I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEMICAL MUSIC VIDEO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
So let your body rock...

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Nov 10, 2016, 16:50

YEAAAAHH!!! I WAS RIGHT!!!! I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHEMICAL MUSIC VIDEO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Do you, by any chance, see a new album coming soon too?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Or a physical release of C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L?  ^-^
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

https://video-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43.1792-2/14981813_1171252249622367_4233768564697333760_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQwMzMsInJsYSI6MTAyNCwidmVuY29kZV90YWciOiJzdmVfaGQifQ%3D%3D&rl=4033&vabr=2689&oh=9467f6c35a9d01fc9c8d3afa06252954&oe=5824E142
— Aurora (The Seed)

Awesome, the track now gets all the attention it deserves!
Maybe it will even be Player live in Future Tours. One can dream!