Music That Triggers Some Kind of Response

2015 - HARD Summer Music Festival

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 29, 2015, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 02, 2015, 09:22

Adam was working tonight, and his energy showed. Tom...you taught him well!

Can't wait to see them again in a month to see how he evolved ! He was clearly uncomfortable and a bit lost at the first show, but already seemed much more at ease on the Glastonbury footage, even doing silly dances like Ed did :D

This chemical after-glow has me up earlier than I like. I'm still buzzing off last night's show. Not only was the gig upper shelf - people throughout the day were wonderfully friendly. During the show, everyone around me as well as across the center barricade (and the super lucky folks in the middle barricade) were having a fantastic time. I will admit I was a bit concerned about the LA crowd because the scene at Nocturnal Wonderland during We Are The Night was a bit aggressive. Not so with the Hard fest! And being with our forum group made it even better. <3 I am so grateful this morning.

EML Ritual was definitely a standout track for me. I knew it would be, but lord was it a monster live!! Sometimes I Feel So Deserted was also one of my favorite parts of the show, and it's live treatment really surprised me. It felt great to hear The Sunshine Underground again, mid-set. It reminds me a bit of its placement in the set during the Come With Us tour. I could go on and on but my brain is still trying to process things. Hopefully once I'm able to bring sense and order to my thoughts, I can form them into a review of some kind.

Errol snapped a pic of us after the show!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Since Madpooter isn't in the after show picture, he's a pre-show pic (not my husband's best angle, he looks mortified).

I took no pics or videos during the show. My phone was stowed safely in my backpack and I was too busy being a giddy fangirl.

(Edit: Obviously we are upside down with excitement - not sure why the forum is not posting the correct upright version of the photo, LOL)
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 16:17 by whirlygirl

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 02, 2015, 16:15

Since Madpooter isn't in the after show picture, he's a pre-show pic (not my husband's best angle, he looks mortified).

I took no pics or videos during the show. My phone was stowed safely in my backpack and I was too busy being a giddy fangirl.

(Edit: Obviously we are upside down with excitement - not sure why the forum is not posting the correct upright version of the photo, LOL)

Hahaha! Even the forum thinks this was unreal! The gang's got glint! Wow. Wished I had been there with you.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Damn, this show looked massive. Big stage, big screens, perfect visuals. Exactly what Coachella was supposed to be in 2011.  I really hope the results of these successful shows on the west coast might encourage a separate solo tour to the states some time next year. Twitter is abuzz. The new album has been really gaining steam.

Happy to see Geoff found his way to the group.

Everyone is looking good. All your glint, are belong to us!

Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 17:20 by Bosco

What was up with the robots laser eyes :'(
I've been wondering if the U.S. Got some outdoor laser laws?

Glad to have meet up the gang again.  ;D I had zero reception inside the venue. We were trekking our way to the front row.  Good eye guys! 

Quote from: KNE on Aug 02, 2015, 19:21

Glad to have meet up the gang again.  ;D I had zero reception inside the venue. We were trekking our way to the front row.  Good eye guys! 

I was wondering why there weren't lasers shooting out of the robot's eyes, but only after the fact. I was excited just to have giant robots, hahaha

It was great meeting up with you finally. We were concerned as we hadn't heard from you. It was actually my husband that spotted you. He said, "Mia look at that guy's Born In The Echoes shirt! I want one!" So I turned to Pooter and said, "Hey check that guy's cool shirt!" Then Pooter said "hey that's KNE!!"

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 02, 2015, 19:30
I was wondering why there weren't lasers shooting out of the robot's eyes, but only after the fact. I was excited just to have giant robots, hahaha
It can be tech difficulties. The led eyes and screen on red robot was not appeared in the Poland show.
Hi Kevin!

Good times!

Decided not to watch any live videos till September.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 02, 2015, 16:07

This chemical after-glow has me up earlier than I like. I'm still buzzing off last night's show. Not only was the gig upper shelf - people throughout the day were wonderfully friendly. During the show, everyone around me as well as across the center barricade (and the super lucky folks in the middle barricade) were having a fantastic time. I will admit I was a bit concerned about the LA crowd because the scene at Nocturnal Wonderland during We Are The Night was a bit aggressive. Not so with the Hard fest! And being with our forum group made it even better. <3 I am so grateful this morning.

EML Ritual was definitely a standout track for me. I knew it would be, but lord was it a monster live!! Sometimes I Feel So Deserted was also one of my favorite parts of the show, and it's live treatment really surprised me. It felt great to hear The Sunshine Underground again, mid-set. It reminds me a bit of its placement in the set during the Come With Us tour. I could go on and on but my brain is still trying to process things. Hopefully once I'm able to bring sense and order to my thoughts, I can form them into a review of some kind.

Errol snapped a pic of us after the show!

Just woke up! i got home around 2ish! Leaving the parking lot was a chore! Some afterthoughts..

The L.A. crowd is laid back in terms in the middle of a Chems performance. There was some aggressiveness found in the 2007 WATN show, but non of that was non- existent tonights show!

EML, Go, and ISYT are the Ghidorah (the Three-Headed Monster) of this tour!

Good on Errol for taking that! I have to frame that!

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 02, 2015, 13:16

Can't wait to see them again in a month to see how he evolved ! He was clearly uncomfortable and a bit lost at the first show, but already seemed much more at ease on the Glastonbury footage, even doing silly dances like Ed did :D

Adam was covering all bases, meaning he went from one side to another, working on different pieces gear! During the end of Believe, I saw him pressing or rubbing buttons making that, 'hoooonnnnnnn' sound (kinds of hard to explain) I saw him do it again and more sounds came out while Tom was transitioning into the next song.

Adam was also getting the crowd to clap while he was clapping, including strategically point to left side of the crowd to 'whoop' and the right side to 'whoop' during the middle of Believe. I'd say Adam is getting comfortable now!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 02, 2015, 16:51

Damn, this show looked massive. Big stage, big screens, perfect visuals. Exactly what Coachella was supposed to be in 2011. 

Happy to see Geoff found his way to the group.

This definitely made up for Coach 11! I'm happy that i met up the 'Android' and KNE! both came out to represent!

Quote from: KNE on Aug 02, 2015, 19:21

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 02, 2015, 19:30

It was great meeting up with you finally. We were concerned as we hadn't heard from you. It was actually my husband that spotted you. He said, "Mia look at that guy's Born In The Echoes shirt! I want one!" So I turned to Pooter and said, "Hey check that guy's cool shirt!" Then Pooter said "hey that's KNE!!"

Quote from: Explud on Aug 02, 2015, 19:49

It can be tech difficulties. The led eyes and screen on red robot was not appeared in the Poland show.

Some of the robo parts were not working but didnt deter my show at all.  Maybe more time and testing on the robots before the get hoisted up before the show. Chems paid big bucks for it! I would of bought KNE shirt if thet sold it at the show. No chem merch available.:(
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Agh! So awesome! What a great show, two shows in a week is always enjoyed!

That might've been my favorite show, really good vibe and they really cut loose. This tour definitely has the most improvised stuff going on.

As a bonus, I finally figured out what the Nord Modular is used for (the climbing arpeggio before Sunshine Underground)

Quote from: Biff on Aug 02, 2015, 20:58

This tour definitely has the most improvised stuff going on.

IMO, Alot of layers was added and thrown on top of the usual playlist. one example was between SG and SIFSD, including the transitions. This show sounded way different than what i've heard before. A little extra goes a long way.

Niiiiice shot biff on stage. live album cover worthy!
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 21:17 by inchemwetrust

In short, this was my best concert experience ever. I usually go to concerts alone, so it was a great change of pace. Meeting Errol was unexpected and rad.

EBW 7 with the boss(?) nation sample was extremely cool. I love the stripped down, acidified version. SIFSD into Chemical Beats is perfect. They will probably do those two songs on every tour.

There were people my age in the audience who were like, "my dad told me I had to see the Chemical Brothers." One of my favorite moments was seeing the horror in people's faces during the Elektrobank section, only to be mind blown when ISYT's visuals appeared. It was great, sitting there and thinking, "I know something you don't." It was like watching kids discovering something crazy.

Sunshine into EV was euphoria overload. EML Ritual hits hard. Oh yeah, the vocal in ISYT is coupled with sub bass stabs. I was not expecting this and
damn G....

Yesterday had some great acts. The festival is, by its nature, trap heavy, but I found a lot of alternative acts to view. Matoma was a great daytime party DJ. He did house beats with old hip hop lyrics mashed in. A bit of a cheap thrills DJ, but he was great for the time slot. EROL ALKAN! Finally got to see him after missing him due to not being 21 whenever he came here. His evolution into Acid House made this fanboy really happy. Acid Erol > Electro Erol. Nina Las Vegas was my biggest surprise. I just checked her out, because nothing was really popping out to me on the schedule. She mixed old school warehouse sounding stuff, with a little trap, and fidget house. She is an excellent DJ from Sydney Australia. When I went in to the Purple stage, there were not many people. I danced my ass off and almost got heat exhaustion from it. When I turned around at the end, the place was completely packed. Word got around, because people were like, "is this the chick DJ? What's her name?" I was fortunate to experience a female DJ absolutely kill it. Too many men DJ's, what about the other gender? Hopefully this opened up a lot of people's eyes. Aside from Erol, the best DJ of the day for me.

I know people really like Glitch Mob, but they were boring as hell to me. After just going crazy for Nina Las Vegas, they had no energy and I did not even want to dance. Luckily, my heat exhaustion needed to be subdued, so I found some shade and ate food/drank water. This was a shame, because their setup looks insane, the music just was bland. OOOO PORTAMENTO AND GLISSANDO SYNTHS AND HALF TIME BEATS MAKE LOVE TO ME. Oh sorry, that was my inner electric taped nippled, ass hanging out self escaping again.

I had a thank you written out, but my internet crapped out. So take 2:
Thanks to all who showed up. The amount of forum members was unexpected on my part. Mia and Jim, you two are exactly how I imagined you would be : hilarious, supportive, and gracious. Mr. MadPooter and Bish are two cool cats and I am grateful for all of your help and general shootin-the-shittedness. Inchemwetrust, I was honored to experience this set right next to you. I can't remember how many times we looked at each other, like, "did that just happen?" Felipe Felipe Felipe. Words do not describe your awesomeness. It was nice to meet you, Kenny. Your friends seemed cool. MadPooter's friends were quite the duo, as well. I am sorry if I forgot anyone.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 02, 2015, 21:14

IMO, Alot of layers was added and thrown on top of the usual playlist. one example was between SG and SIFSD, including the transitions.
If that segue was like the one in the video I posted in the Armory thread, than this must have been jaw dropping! I sat in my stool this evening and was like "what the feck did just happen?" Shaking my head in disbelief and pure joy at the same time.

Wanna wallow in memories?

Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 22:16 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Biff on Aug 02, 2015, 20:58

As a bonus, I finally figured out what the Nord Modular is used for (the climbing arpeggio before Sunshine Underground)

Well duh !

I thought it was the SH-101 this whole time  : /

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 02, 2015, 21:48

In short, this was my best concert experience ever. I usually go to concerts alone, so it was a great change of pace. Meeting Errol was unexpected and rad.

EBW 7 with the boss(?) nation sample was extremely cool. I love the stripped down, acidified version. SIFSD into Chemical Beats is perfect. They will probably do those two songs on every tour.

There were people my age in the audience who were like, "my dad told me I had to see the Chemical Brothers." One of my favorite moments was seeing the horror in people's faces during the Elektrobank section, only to be mind blown when ISYT's visuals appeared. It was great, sitting there and thinking, "I know something you don't." It was like watching kids discovering something crazy.

Sunshine into EV was euphoria overload. EML Ritual hits hard. Oh yeah, the vocal in ISYT is coupled with sub bass stabs. I was not expecting this and
damn G....

I had a thank you written out, but my internet crapped out. So take 2:
Thanks to all who showed up. The amount of forum members was unexpected on my part. Mia and Jim, you two are exactly how I imagined you would be : hilarious, supportive, and gracious. Mr. MadPooter and Bish are two cool cats and I am grateful for all of your help and general shootin-the-shittedness. Inchemwetrust, I was honored to experience this set right next to you. I can't remember how many times we looked at each other, like, "did that just happen?" Felipe Felipe Felipe. Words do not describe your awesomeness. It was nice to meet you, Kenny. Your friends seemed cool. MadPooter's friends were quite the duo, as well. I am sorry if I forgot anyone.

At first I wasn't into the SIFSD / Chemical beats at first after the glastonbury footage, but when I saw it live, it was much smoother.

Speaking of kids, I assume they only knew the last 2 songs, but I would rather have them exposed to the rest of the concert. New fans hopped on board this chemical train!

To be honest, my euphoria overload was not what you think it might be. It wasn't EML,or the new UTI, or ISYT! It was actually when the words 'MUSIC.......RESPONSE' came blaring from the speakers. I mean shit, I haven't feel that way since 2005! it was mental i tell you!

The show was paramount on so many levels, plus standing next to you Android was an honor, and  a privilege to join us all @ Pamona! Very proud you came!

Last Sunday , I felt so tired from that previous night, and today, all I could think about was the show! I'm getting chemical withdrawals :) I'll post some vids and pics  when I wake up. I didn't bust out the camera that much this year, but I'm planning not to use it on the next show.

Oh btw, there was this NASTY FX on UTI! you know that part in the middle where it plays the 'don't think' sample, you hear the last chorus 'DID I PASS THE ACID TEST!  But this time, It didn't match up to the  DT drums, as there was a delay on the vocal ( there's a vid I think)

It now went 'DID I PASS.............THE ACID TEST' ! But there was a god like fx when the word 'test' came out! And the tail of the fx sounded so atmospheric and heavenly, that I nearly pissed on myself.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 04, 2015, 06:47

Oh btw, there was this NASTY FX on UTI! you know that part in the middle where it plays the 'don't think' sample, you hear the last chorus 'DID I PASS THE ACID TEST!  But this time, It didn't match up to the  DT drums, as there was a delay on the vocal ( there's a vid I think)

It now went 'DID I PASS.............THE ACID TEST' ! But there was a god like fx when the word 'test' came out! And the tail of the fx sounded so atmospheric and heavenly, that I nearly pissed on myself.
Like this?

What's up with our blue friend's eyes? They aren't turned on it seems. Also the "bars of light" in Galvanize haven't been fully working since the Hard Summer shows. The spotlights are grouped in a 3 by 4 fashion instead of a bars-like. grid.
— Aurora (The Seed)

DUDE this show keeps getting better. I love the chord / chorus effect they're adding to the acid line too.

I can't wait for North Coast.
Never for money, always for love.