Ouhmmmm Beya-deh. Ahhhhhh Yeah!

2015 - HARD Summer Music Festival

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 29, 2015, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
So that's what the vocal sample was of! That was driving me crazy. Good ears!!!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 04, 2015, 09:09

DUDE this show keeps getting better. I love the chord / chorus effect they're adding to the acid line too.

I can't wait for North Coast.
The Forum Member... I'll See You There!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

People died at HARD?
FACT mag
Mind you if that gets EDM banned from instagram...Every cloud!..

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Ok folks. HOUSE NATION by the Housemaster Boyz. It's a famous record. People keep getting the title wrong. Whatsamatter with you lot?
It was a big track, surely you all remember it from the first time around? Oh, oh you don't? Oh I'm not as young as some of you? Ok, never mind...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I had listened to the original track hours before hearing the live set the first time, kinda freaked me out.  For further reading, it's on a label compilation released last year called  Dance Mania: Hardcore Traxx that I highly recommend:
http://www.strut-records.com/dance-mania/
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015, 23:24 by Biff

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 04, 2015, 22:56

People died at HARD?
FACT mag
Mind you if that gets EDM banned from instagram...Every cloud!..

Yeah, Sunday morning there was news breaking about two girls who died of drug overdoses in Saturday. Both taken to the hospital late afternoon and early evening (separate incidents) I believe both were teenagers (I could be wrong since I haven't ready anything recently).

We saw plenty of tripped out people who took things a bit far. One girl we saw had some medics tending to her as her friends looked on, worried and crying. It was hotter than blue blazes outside, and the heat was oppressive. It's easy to overheat and that's serious business,  You have these kids using no discretion, doing loads of ecstasy and god knows what else when the weather forecast is "hotter than the sun with a 100% chance of being hotter than fuck" and it's just a recipe for disaster.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

One thing that did bother me was how aggressive security has to get to comply with the county's  safety requirements at these events. It was noticeable  the way the event was handled in SF than down here in LA,  being the same  event company,and it's kind of sad. I know I got high as a kite , but I take full responsibility for what I do.it's  just what helps me from being the quiet guy that I normally am.  Families and friends of  the attendees can't assume that everything will be fine whenever they choose to go any event of any time of music.  A lot of it Is just the way media potrays it , Sad they even included artists names in the news report.   :-[

@Whirly I remember immediately thinking of that girl that you were talking about being taken by the paramedics when I read the story (the other day on the p-fork). Really sad that this happens, it's not too rare for festivals though, so I think that explains why they were so aggro about frisking and letting me in with an expired passport.

Um.... on a lighter note, bonus pictures!!!

A full walk down memory lane

And a great quality clip of I'll See You There
Last Edit: Aug 05, 2015, 10:35 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Did anyone notice they use a lot of stereo effects now, especially I'll See You There. Wonder if it has anything to do w/ppl complaining about Don't Think being mono-ish...

Quote from: Biff on Aug 05, 2015, 21:04

Did anyone notice they use a lot of stereo effects now, especially I'll See You There. Wonder if it has anything to do w/ppl complaining about Don't Think being mono-ish...
Now that you mention it.. I went back to Don't Think to listen to it with that in mind, and yes, they do use more stereo effects than there. Also the whole album makes good use of the stereo channels this time around too.

Quote from: Biff on Aug 04, 2015, 15:53

So that's what the vocal sample was of! That was driving me crazy. Good ears!!!
What sample do you mean, BIff?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The robots singing the vocodered sample from The Test during "Don't Think Under The Influence," as it shall be known as henceforth (if no one's thought of that yet).

Last Edit: Aug 07, 2015, 23:41 by Biff

Did I pass

The acid.... tyyyyyest?

Did I pass, did I pass, did I pass, did I pass....

Don't think

just let it

FLO FROM PROGRESSIVE

Radiate and wide open on infinite repeat. withdrawals in full effect.

Quote from: Biff on Aug 05, 2015, 04:10

Um.... on a lighter note, bonus pictures!!!

Ace pics, and you have some what better stabilization than my phone (I know this because I have to take multi-shots per second just because I cant get a decent pic. That first one looks like it was taken at Fujirock!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Thank you, lots of rapid fire and refocus. Many of them didn't come out so nice

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 05, 2015, 01:01

Yeah, Sunday morning there was news breaking about two girls who died of drug overdoses in Saturday. Both taken to the hospital late afternoon and early evening (separate incidents) I believe both were teenagers (I could be wrong since I haven't ready anything recently).

There's been some fallout from this (besides the sad news in itself of the deaths of course). Live Nation cancels festival.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 28, 2015, 12:01

There's been some fallout from this (besides the sad news in itself of the deaths of course). Live Nation cancels festival.

That move was sadly predictable considering the deaths at Hard Summer. I don't recall details but I think this happened with Insomniac productions (the people that hold those mega Nocturnal Wonderland and Electric Daisy Carnival, etc raves) a few years ago in Los Angeles country as well. The word "rave" is itself taboo in music festival circuits around here. Looks like it's going to be more and more difficult for promoters to tout their events as "festivals" when everyone really knows these types of events are what they are -raves. And no amount of "no kandi bracelets allowed" posted in the rules can diminish that very simple fact. It is what it is.

I will say having been to Hard (I don't go to these types of mega events in general anymore), I was impressed by the amount of free watering stations available. And there was a huge police presence, in visible police uniform. Who knows how many plain clothes officers there were milling about in the crowd. I also saw EMT's administering treatment. So I don't get some of the comments and judgments about there not being enough to ensure public safety at a closed event. There were so many people on drugs and the ground was littered with empty drug baggies by the end of the night. I think the festival did what it could to prepare. It's just bad streak of unfortunate luck that the worst happened.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

*bump*

I'm alive!  I get so used to using Facebook and Twitter and IG etc .. I havent really logged in here in awhile.. my bad!

The show was amazing! I'm so sorry I didn't check this before and connect with everyone. Totally on me. I'm a terrible person. :)

Lemme catch up and get back into things..
--
@KngtRdr @SevenEyeCo @9GRecords

Whirly, I want to talk about your comment about the water stations.

HARD Fest had incredible access to water.

North Coast and Pitchfork, in Chicago, had crappy water fountains that filled a bottle of water in like 2-3 minutes (probably more like 30 seconds). There was 1 or 2 stations TOTAL. Chicago needs to step up its water game. Cali has it on point.