The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

Gorillaz

Started by NiCk.Dj, Oct 30, 2016, 11:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MadPooter on Jun 20, 2017, 23:41

Looks like these videos got taken down :(
It was a live stream so maybe this is a legal thing not to share it after the show.
no idea, no idea

Nearly forgot about this, but tomorrow for me!

I dig that newer track "Sleeping Powder" too.

Del showed up for Clint Eastwood

need I say more???!!!

New Album out June 29th

The Now Now

James Ford of Simian Mobile Disco is a producer on the album.

Two of the tracks from the new album:

heads up, more tour dates stateside this fall as well

Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 20:26 by Bosco

Oh shit James was the producer? Damn. Hotness factor increases.

Unlike the last few albums, Albarn will be the primary focus on vocals for this album. I'm anticipating another great one.

Really dig 'Humility' and I continue to applaud the wide range of styles and influences they incorporate. Such a fun and great project band.

Also, Damon finishing up the second The Good, the Bad & the Queen Album.

New tracks are much better than anything on Humanz. Humanz was a big disappointment, a forgettable record. This has that Gorillaz vibe.

Humility is growing on me.

But Lake Zurich... Is it even Gorillaz? It sounds nothing like anything they've done. And not in a 'ah cool, they're trying something new' way but rather a '... this could be anyone' way.

I'm keen to hear a Gorillaz that is less polluted by guest spots. I still think their/his first album is by far the best, and back then it was basically just Del on the guest front. But this just feels like Damon trying something new, and looking to use Gorillaz as an output for it. It doesn't really feel like Gorillaz to me at all, whereas Humanz, as boring and not great as it was, at least felt like a Gorillaz album.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

The first album is definitely their best. But they haven't sounded like Gorillaz since Plastic Beach. These 2 new tracks sound more Gorillaz than anything on Humanz. Does it make these new tracks amazing? No. But they're a bit more Gorillaz-ish at least. I still won't rank them above anything from their first 3 albums. I didn't hear Gorillaz at all with Humanz. Humanz was a mess of collaborations and felt like it had no direction. But so far, nothing has topped their debut.

This is great. Feeling it way more than anything in a long while
Eight or over.

The work of Dan the Automator very much worth delving into if you guys are so infatuated with the debut album.

I will second that !!
Eight or over.

Lake Zürich sounds nice and has this Tei Shi's Basically feeling to it.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 03, 2018, 09:22

Lake Zürich sounds nice and has this Tei Shi's Basically feeling to it.

Not hearing that at all myself. It sounds more like a single on DFA or Deewee. Very Italo.

I love Lake Zurich, and if Gorillaz taught us anything it's that no two Grorillaz tracks sound alike.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 04, 2018, 06:30

I love Lake Zurich, and if Gorillaz taught us anything it's that no two Grorillaz tracks sound alike.

But what about "People" from D-Sides and "Dare" from Demon Days?
:P

;)

Quote from: neorev on Jun 04, 2018, 19:35

But what about "People" from D-Sides and "Dare" from Demon Days?
:P

;)
That's two versions of a same track :P

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 03, 2018, 17:27

Not hearing that at all myself. It sounds more like a single on DFA or Deewee. Very Italo.
Well, parts of the bassline and beat reminded me of it a bit somehow.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm much more excited about The Good, The Bad, & The Queen. 

Another newbie:

I like what I'm hearing but it really feels like I'm listening to another band, featuring Damon Albarn. This could be a Space Dimension Controller jam.