We Are the Night

Gorillaz

Started by NiCk.Dj, Oct 30, 2016, 11:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Who like them?? I personally love them
What do you think? ;D

that's one of my favourites
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Loved Demon Days. The other two albums not as much.

Certainly curious to hear what the next album sounds like.

The first album was and still is fantastic. I come back to it all the time. Party due to my love of Del Tha Funky Homosapien.

Demon Days I don't listen to all that much any more, and wasn't super into when it came out (though the B sides from that era are the best... "Bill Murray" feat. The Bees anyone???)

And I was obsessed with Plastic Beach when it came out. I cried when I saw them and Little Dragon playing Fire Ants at the Roundhouse, it was beautiful. But I'm never really in the mood to listen to it these days, though I still think it's great.

Definitely excited to hear some new stuff.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Like the first album a lot. Demon Days is great, especially the first half. Not a fan of Plastic Beach at all (except the Mos Def song. I think it is one their best songs). Have not really listened to anything else, oddly enough. I should probably get on that...
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all 3 albums, although I don't listen to Demon Days as much as the two others. I can't wait for the new one, especially with all the featurings it will feature.

anyone knows about the instagram/twitter stories?

here you can watch them all

i've found this cool mix on internet
https://clyp.it/4bdu1bnb

Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 30, 2016, 19:08

The first album was and still is fantastic. I come back to it all the time. Party due to my love of Del Tha Funky Homosapien.

Demon Days I don't listen to all that much any more, and wasn't super into when it came out (though the B sides from that era are the best... "Bill Murray" feat. The Bees anyone???)

And I was obsessed with Plastic Beach when it came out. I cried when I saw them and Little Dragon playing Fire Ants at the Roundhouse, it was beautiful. But I'm never really in the mood to listen to it these days, though I still think it's great.

Definitely excited to hear some new stuff.
Have you ever heard the Deltron 3030 first album?

this is my favourite (hope you like it)

Yeah. I love Deltron.
Saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. They did Clint Eastwood too...

Also isn't Bill Murray very similar in structure to Sound Check (Gravity)?

Errrrrmmmm....

OK...?

Yeah... I don't know that this immediately grabbed me. In fact, it left me with a bizarre taste in my mouth, as the saying goes.

More post-modern art-house poetry reading. Less pop music.

Disappointing.

Blur comeback album was kinda meh (especially after hearing the two new songs they did for the "ParkLive" dvd).  Every Gorillaz album has come through...BUT I really just want a follow up to The Good, The Bad, & The Queen. 

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 20, 2017, 04:42

More post-modern art-house poetry reading. Less pop music.

Disappointing.

Yeah. Lots of people are trying to argue that this is typical of Gorillaz and that we shouldn't be worried about the rest of it. And to be fair, there have been a few in between 'singles' that were a little odd.
But this is their first offering from the new album. It needs to be compared to Clint Eastwood, Feel Good Inc. and Stylo. And it's not as good as anyone of those (not that they're the best either).
It's freakin' weird and not very interesting and doesn't bode well, honestly.

In terms of sounding like Gorilaz...It sounds more like a b/g-side. That said, it still sounds like something that they/Albarn would write.

As for why they lead off with it...and releasing it the day before the Inauguration... no hidden meaning from an artistic standpoint in my mind (aong with the fact they reference it in the descriptor). I'm more amazed that the record execs allowed it. Actually, I'm more amazed they allowed the Spongebob clip at the end.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Reminds me of the late 90's watching MTV2 at 2AM. The internet was still new, so seeing weird music videos like this on cable TV would blow away my sheltered little brain. As a matter of fact, "Let Forever Be" "Afrika Shox" and "Rabbit in Your Headlights" were gateways into introducing electronic music, and beyond.

So I agree, the song doesn't "do it for me". But I thought it was interesting.

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 23, 2017, 03:14

so there is this (already sold out): http://pitchfork.com/news/68488-gorillaz-launch-their-own-festival-announce-first-show-since-2012/

new song out tomorrow, or later today for ya peeps on the other side of the pond

http://pitchfork.com/news/72181-new-gorillaz-song-coming-tomorrow/
I think it's the one that leaked a few days ago. It was ok. Better than Hallelujah Money, much more musical than it, but still not on the level I expect from Gorillaz

Wow.

Much more encouraging.

And shit. That Spirit House video was insane. I'm definitely going to be revisiting that to see more. Very clever.