Surrender

2015 - North Coast Music festival - chicago

Started by chemreact, Jun 30, 2015, 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 29, 2015, 03:20

Hey, if you haven't gotten tickets yet you can use the promo code DONCMF and it'll get you 30% off any kind of ticket. Like $21 less for one day GA passes.

Anybody know if this still works? I am thinking of getting a friend a ticket as a gift and would not mind spending a little less.

If it is still possible, where do I enter the code? I am not seeing a "PROMO CODE" box. This probably means it is no longer valid :(

Also, I wish I could get money back for my previous ticket purchases...
Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015, 01:00 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 06, 2015, 00:53

Anybody know if this still works? I am thinking of getting a friend a ticket as a gift and would not mind spending a little less.

If it is still possible, where do I enter the code? I am not seeing a "PROMO CODE" box. This probably means it is no longer valid :(
The promo code box is right under the Single Day VIP passes. No idea if code still works but it did for us, good luck!
Never for money, always for love.

I am glad it still works. Unfortunately, it is a huge slap in the face to those of us who purchased tickets out of good faith. Everyone should just get refunded a little bit.

Ticket sales must be really bad. They announced an age restriction of 17+ back when the lineup was announced and now all of a sudden its "ALL AGES"  :))

Sorry for those who got stuck paying full price.

I wish I lived near where this festival is. I'd totally go if I could. There's some good shit on that line up. If ticket sales are bad, that's a shame...
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 08, 2015, 03:32

I wish I lived near where this festival is. I'd totally go if I could. There's some good shit on that line up. If ticket sales are bad, that's a shame...

I really wish Quantic was on Sunday.  :( 

For Friday/Sat, I will be hitting up Goose Island right before heading in. I remember when I went to see Beck at pitchfork, I was buying GI in the festival and going, "what kind of an idiot am I? Their brewpub is like 2 blocks away!" Don't even get me started on Bourbon County. Those asshats not only shorted Chicago last year, but they switched to 16.9 oz bottles instead of 11 oz 4 packs (even if the bottles are actually 12 oz, they basically leave the whole neck unfilled, as opposed to leaving an inch of space).

I cannot wait to see Steve Aoki LOL I am actually seeing D'Angelo though I do not know anything about him/them. Friday, I will probably see Wale and Widespread Panic. For Saturday, I am oddly excited for Booka Shade (I have a feeling I am thinking of another artist) and The Roots.

For Sunday, I want to see Atmosphere. The only time I have seen him was a super intimate venue, so my fear is that an outdoor festival will not be as good of a show. I think the Chemical Brothers are playing that day, but that band is sort of crappy. Like, my grandparents listened to them, or something.

Finally bought my 1 day pass.  $65.21 isn't too bad for a day at a festival headlined by The Chems.  Still sucks that nobody I know wants to go, so I'm going to have to drive by myself and figure out what the hell I'm doing after the fest. 

But, fuck it.  All systems are a go go for the fourth time seeing them. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 12, 2015, 21:41

so I'm going to have to drive by myself and figure out what the hell I'm doing after the fest. 
Picking up the scattered pieces of your shattered brain!

Enjoy yourself there! You most probably won't regret your strong will to see them no matter what!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

300 mile drive solo at least means I don't have to hear anyone bitch about listening to every Chems album on the way from Cincinnati. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 12, 2015, 22:42

300 mile drive solo at least means I don't have to hear anyone bitch about listening to every Chems album on the way from Cincinnati. 

That's the way to do it.

3000 Miles to Chemsland
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2015, 03:39 by Bosco

This is the Educate EDM Kiddies tour. Can't wait to see the crowd freak out when ISYT plays.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 16, 2015, 18:11

This is the Educate EDM Kiddies tour. Can't wait to see the crowd freak out when ISYT plays.

I call right through EML ritual.. haha.

anyone else thinking about hitting up the Green Velvet after party at The Mid? 

The only one I'd attend is Goldfish / Auto Body.

I fucking hate America's drinking age.
Never for money, always for love.

Probably no after parties for me. OMG EXCEPT STEVE AOKI I LOVE YOU STEVE

Yeah, I wont be able to make any after parties either. I saw High Contrast back at the Mid a few years ago and the place is pretty dinky.

The Goldfish/Auto Body after party is right next to the festival. So that's pretty convenient.

It would be flipping awesome to see a Tom Rowlands after party pop up... Then I would definitely go.

EDM Kiddies don't want to see Tom Rowlands spin. They want excitement. They want drops. They want confetti and cake.

That is why there will be a Tom Rowlands after party at my place. I have decks set up and Stella Artois (he seems like an Artois guy).

who the hell is Goldfish/Autobody? 

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be exactly sober, so a set of (hopefully) acid house is sounding really appealing after the show.  Smart Bar is probably "Queen," which may be a great night, but I'm not going to be in the mood for disco.  Green Velvet seems like the best bet.  That is, if I haven't heard 'Coffee Pot" 4x already at the festival (this happened in 2010.  The guy who was before GV played it.  Then I saw Flying Lotus drop it for like 30 seconds.  Then I saw the end of GV...who closed with "Coffee Pot."  He then did an encore...a remix of...yep..."Coffee Pot").