Come With Us

2015 - North Coast Music festival - chicago

Started by chemreact, Jun 30, 2015, 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Goldfish is "Organic House" so, like, house music with all/mostly real instruments performed live. I dunno much else, they might be EDM with trumpets thrown on top, or a pleasant surprise.

Auto Body is fantastic though - they're on that electro-dance-rock-indie-synthpop spectrum. Like The Chemical Brothers meets Justice meets The Juan Maclean.  They're way better than average and their songs totally smash. Plus they do actually play live, it's not just them DJing their own tracks, but I don't know how far they take it.  Here's a few tracks by them, I Want You To Know is a proper banger:

https://soundcloud.com/autobodymusic/sets/too-late-for-words-ep

I'm 90% sure I'm going to this.
Never for money, always for love.

Schedule released.  Only and hour and 15 min. set for Chems.  WTF? 

Whoa, what?

If it's true I'm actually kinda excited. They'll have to cut one or two tracks (more if Tomorrow Never Knows starts at exactly 8:45), but that means we'll get a weird setlist with some different transitions / surprises! Speculating already...

Now we gotta plan about where and when we're meeting up. Def seeing Tycho but will be free after that.
Last Edit: Aug 18, 2015, 19:32 by WhiteNoise

I will very likely be wearing the most obnoxious Flaming Lips shirt you have ever seen.  :)

In a human-sized hamster ball I hope.

Last year's map for planning purposes:

hmmm.... maybe they'll cut Acid Children / SS / OOC? or maybe even Believe?

1 hour 15? Wtffffffffffffffffff North Coast you assholes.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can't do anything about 10pm curfew but you've got a point there andygee - Little People could start 15 minutes earlier and everything would be sorted for a full 1:30 set!

Let's hope they do some cool different thing to make up for it.

I feel like they could have them play a different stage.

Huge, Huge Production from overseas and they get only an hour and 15 mins?  The Disco Biscuits are from Philly, are second stage headliners and get an hour and a half PLUS an after party?  WTF? 

I could relentlessly unleash my disappointment about this music festival (and believe me I want to), but I don't want to bum everyone out.

Instead, I'm going to just take a step back and remember my favorite musical group is going to put on a mind blowing show for me and my fellow forum friends.

Glint On

Between this and the fuster cluck that was Bunburry this year, I am seriously ready for festivals to die.  That said, limited dates from an artist means they are more likely to play a fest than proper shows.  :(

You guys have to go see Wax Tailor

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015, 13:40 by Ben_j

Ooh. My bus doesn't arrive in Chicago till 3:45... I'll see if I can get my tickets changed.

Ugg I hope they decide to start the 773 stage acts 15 minutes earlier. The issue is the 312's (Chem Bros stage) proximity to the 773. They cannot have overlap. However, if they start 773's and 312's acts 15 minutes earlier, the Chemical Brothers can get an extra 15 minutes.

This whole schedule really irks me. Is this all a massive oversight? Is there a reason, such as X artist cannot get to the festival until Y time, which messed up the whole scheduling? I am a Krabby....

koo kee kooo

Y'all, what Bosco said! This is going to be a ruddy good time even with 15 minutes less! Literally if they came on stage and only played I'll See You There it would be worth it, it will wreck your brain live. And knowing from the Coachella 2011 bootleg they might even jam a lot harder to make up for the lost time.

BTW, I'm 110% going to the Goldfish / Auto Body aftershow. These two tracks by Goldfish convinced me, Moonwalk Away is near Pachanga Boys' Time level chill:

https://soundcloud.com/goldfishlive/goldfish-moonwalk-away
https://soundcloud.com/goldfishlive/goldfish-drive-them-back-to

You guys should definitely come along if you're still undecided.
Last Edit: Aug 19, 2015, 15:56 by WhiteNoise

Chems say they are booked to play 90 minutes at North Coast:

http://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/634819055044722693

Huh
well
I'll just stop being a little entitled crybaby then

I just hope North Coast also knows they're booked for 90 minutes!

Maybe the schedule printer just needs sacking.