Just Get Yourself High

2015 - North Coast Music festival - chicago

Started by chemreact, Jun 30, 2015, 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 27, 2015, 00:18

Ha! I wonder who's got the mug here for a good oversized cardboard head.
I vote for you WN!
Oh and btw, after this show, you now owe us 2 reviews. Your falling behind sir!   ;D
Ah yes. ^ducks head^ I am still half finished on the Sonar one! I think I set the bar a bit too high with my Don't Think review... damn sophomore album review is the one that gets you.

To be perfectly honest, after pulling about two-three weeks with no sleep working on the ChemBase, and then travelling for five weeks by the seat of our pants, I got rather addicted to doing absolutely nothing my last month of summer. And it was GLORIOUS. But now that school has restarted and my ass is back in gear, you'll see a review up here... Eventually  :P
Last Edit: Aug 28, 2015, 05:11 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Hostel booked for Sunday night.  I really wish checkout was later than 11, since I'll be getting up at 6am on Sunday and...yeah, plan on being up a bit past normal people bedtime Sunday night.  ;)

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Aug 28, 2015, 18:46

Hostel booked for Sunday night.  I really wish checkout was later than 11, since I'll be getting up at 6am on Sunday and...yeah, plan on being up a bit past normal people bedtime Sunday night.  ;)

Sigh. Do I miss getting ready for the shows :( jealous.

Errol's coming to the show, we should try to meet up.

He is really nice. I want to ask him to let us meet Tom and Adam, but I am too afraid to.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get to meet Errol at some point, WhiteNoise. He's super cool and just so freakin nice!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yeah, ask him! And thank him for... you know what! Maybe you could ask him for a group foto too?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

If I end up in two Errol photos in two separate cities, I will buy myself a cookie.

I cannot wait for this show! Saw them in 2001 at Allstate (FRONT ROW, also with Paul Oakenfold and Sasha & Digweed), Saw them in 2007 at The Riv, saw them at the first North Coast in 2010, Will be seeing them again in SIX DAYS! I am absolutely bonkers excited about this.

Oh, and one week later seeing The Prodigy at Riot Fest. WHAT A WEEK!

who wants to email errol
nose goes

I  am very excited for my first Chemical Brother show this weekend! Does anyone have any advice where to watch the show from. It appears that standing dead center is the way to go. (As is most concerts) but I want to be in a spot where I can really take in the visuals the brothers throw down. My guess was like 10 to 20 rows back dead center. Thanks!

Honestly, I always hang back by the FoH (is that what they are even called outdoors?) sound guys. It gives a great view and has a nicer balance. Also, with earplugs, you can hear the intricacies more. Use earplugs!!!!!!

Last chem concert I was infront and I must say the sound was too over whelming and I didn't have earplugs s this time I'm going to choose somewhere back. Audio over visuals this time.

Yeah, somewhat in front of the sound desk (FOH) is great for the sound balance and for seeing the whole light show. I got the whole upclose experience at Sonar so I'm def looking forward to seeing the whole show from a good spot.

I'll inform Mr. Errol. Yeah guys I'm looking forward to shaking hands with him and whatnot, if I can! I was super stuffy & awkward at first when emailing about the ChemBase since, well, I figured an email to management should be extremely nicely composed. But he was really relaxed and helpful with everything. I think an in-person meeting would be a lot less awkward.

FIVE DAYS GUYS

excitement woooo

Ha! I thought the sound was too soft last time 'round. And I was hanging close to the FoH. I think the bass might have been too low. I remember feeling throttled by 'Believe' back in the 2007 tour and even the 2011 Coachella show, but in 2010 it just didn't capture me. I know this because I took my brother to the show, who can be sensitive to sound at times, and forewarned him that "this could get loud." And it turned out really, "meh". He absolutely loved the show, however.

One of the issues I'm fairly certain we will run into, is the stage will be smaller than what the show actually needs.  I remember it looking very cramped on stage back in 2010. The silhouette of the gear and Tom and Ed, filled a lot of the screen in back of them.  And then the lighting above was fairly low hanging. It truly felt North Coast fest failed to catch the ambiance of a Chemical Brothers show.

Ok, enough of me bumming everyone out.

Temperature is going to be great this weekend. We're looking at 90+ degrees, with no rain in the forecast for Sunday. Be sure to stay hydrated throughout the day if you should get there early.

WE ARE THE LAST LEG OF THE SHORT US TOUR. SOMETHING SPECIAL MAYBE???!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have they been selling merchandise on this tour?

DO IT AGAINNNNNN!!!!1111!!!oNe!!!!1

here is a fluff piece on the festival:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/08/redefining-chicagos-north-coast-music-festival/