Would You Like to Come Inside?

The KLF

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jan 04, 2017, 16:49

Previous topic - Next topic

"Chill out" is my favorite ambient album of all time.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Maybe this website is worth checking for updates closer to the release date:

http://k2planthireltd.com

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 07, 2017, 09:36

Maybe this website is worth checking for updates closer to the release date:
http://k2planthireltd.com
Yep, give it a click. It appears the time (lord) has come.

Welcome to the dark ages.

They're justified and they're ancient, and they drive an Ice Kream Van:
https://twitter.com/kiddala75/status/900291500176703488

https://twitter.com/BidoLito/status/900277312008146944

https://twitter.com/BidoLito/status/899993604139225089

Mixcloud: Snafu
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It will be interesting to see if the PR noise/hype they create will have an impact in today's climate where everyone is trying to outwit/out cool each other for attention especially with a little thing called the internet now which hardly existed when they were in there prime or 'active' creatively.

If the new music stands up and they make 'successful pop tracks' which they've proven they can do and have written maybe. Its interesting to see with groups like Leftfield and even The Avalanches who have been on hiatus for a while and how they've come back into a new era. Both of them have managed OK relying on the cult status fan base over the years.

Heres a video I think has captured all the happenings of it all. I admittedly haven't watched it all through yet but saw another video of Jarvis Cocker singing/reciting Justified with a choir. I couldn't help but cringe a little for some reason.

The whole thing is a bizarre art experiment like something Banksy would do except its not as visually stimulating.

Your web site has a lot of information that I want. It is very necessary for me.

Quote from: Calmormy on Sep 15, 2017, 08:38

Your web site has a lot of information that I want. It is very necessary for me.

We got what you want, we got what you need!
no idea, no idea

^ It's clearly a spam post, but aren't they meant to put a link underneath once they've "flattered" the forum?

Incidentally Re KLF, I kinda thought that by the end of the three days of goofing around they would reveal a new album or something. Gotta admit I don't know what that was all about if it wasn't to hype some new music.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

From what I understand, these people *literally* burned 1 Million pounds (dollars?) in cash.

It's a reasonable expectation that they would have new music to hype, but the KLF seems to put a higher priority on being contrarian than Daft Punk.

I'm no expert on KLF's Chill Out but try this from 28 mins.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 04, 2021, 02:48
I'm no expert on KLF's Chill Out but try this from 28 mins.

Holy. Thank you for this. Chill Out is my favorite ambient album, probably listened to it hundreds of times. I'll take the new (old?) variation of it.
Last Edit: Feb 04, 2021, 09:41 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Thank you, that's lovely! Ah, the sweet memories when I first discovered Build A Fire. That steel guitar gets me every time. What a wonderful way to lay back an start dreaming. Also, the title track, the White Room, and the Justified & Ancient mix were two more I discovered at the same time and have loved them ever since.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Different Types of Baby Monitors: Which One Would Suits You?

Baby monitors may be small but incredibly useful if you have a newborn or even toddler in your house to take care of. With many features and versions, they can make your parenting life easier. You can always pick one of the Best Video Baby Monitors - Top Baby Monitor Camera  for you regardless of the budget.

But since there are so many types on the market, which one is for you?

Types of Baby Monitors

Though there are countless models from different brands on the market, you can divide them into three categories, which are:

• Sound monitors
  • Video monitors
  • Motion monitors

They all share the same intention: to help you know what your baby is doing. But they work with different mechanisms, and as a result, suitable for different situations. So this is the first thing you should focus on when picking a baby monitor.

Sound monitors

This is the oldest among the above baby monitor types.

Designed in an era when there were limits on optics and networking technologies, sound monitors have the fewest features compared to newer models. But on the other hand, they are cheaper and have been proven over time.

Simply said, they operate by recording the sound of your baby and then transmit to the parent unit. Though there are various models with some even coming with other extra functions, they all run on the same principle.

With this simple mechanism, you can't have much information about your baby. The best you can do is hearing if they are crying or sleeping. Though popular in the past, sound monitors have been gradually replaced by other modern products with more features.

Video monitors

This is the most popular choice nowadays. When you hear of someone talking about "baby monitor," the high chance is that they mean "Best Video Baby Monitor"

Relying on cameras, they can bring videos of your baby to you in real-time. After capturing those images, the baby monitor will process it and send it over a network to your parent unit. This network may be the DECT technology that you find in cordless telephone systems, or Wi-Fi, which you may have already installed in your house.

With the former mechanism, you don't need an Internet connection at your home to use a baby monitor. But with the Wi-Fi models, the range over which it can transmit the video is unlimited.

As long as you can maintain an Internet connection between the cameras and the receiver, you don't need to worry about your particular place. There are other popular extra features, such as temperature monitoring.

Our recommendation is that you should get  a top-rated video baby monitor.

Motion monitors

Also named movement monitors, they are the least common type but can be helpful if you know what you want from it.

They don't have cameras but sensors in your baby's crib. When he or she moves, the monitors will process the signals detected and notify you if needed. For example, they can watch and notice if the baby does not move in his sleep.

Some advanced monitors offer the audio feature as well, so you can now hear your baby. It's often recommended that you should use a motion monitor in combination with
Top Rated Video Baby Monitor to get the best and most comprehensive results.

Conclusion

Above are three main types of baby monitors, each with different features and purposes. Understanding those differences, you will know which one you should opt for.
Last Edit: Aug 09, 2023, 08:25 by kaizmoto1489