Hey Girl

Orbital

Started by Ben_j, Jan 31, 2017, 19:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Looks like Orbital are coming back together, once again :o

Yeah, I couldn't believe my fuckin' eyes and ears, but this is precisely what this suggests.

I was a little giddy today.

NOICE.

PLEASE

If this is just them uploading some old tour visuals for the hell of it, I'm going to cry.
Never for money, always for love.

New  Orbital  music  in  the  works. . ?  That  would  be  fantastic  news.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

It HAS to be. The teaser video, a new profile photo on Facebook, which looks like a new press shot to me...

Very excited to hear this.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Yeah the new profile picture the other day made me start wondering...

but it is just going to be a remaster

I cannot let myself get excited....

even if they do reunite, they ain't hittin' these here united states.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. They hit up the States a couple of times the last time they reunited. I saw them in SF. Boom.

Don't give up hope.

I'm hopeful for all of us.

Except that they'll tour in the summer and I wont be able to see them at Glastonbury or in the states :(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I hope it's not just a straight up remaster of an older album. It would be cool to do a Greatest Hits reworked collection. Take classic tracks and give them a 2017 spin into something new, such as how how Beezledub shares elements of Satan. But I'm hoping for new music or a new album.

Whatever it is, I'm not missing their live show this time.

I know I should be pleased, and I know ths will sound cynical... But I can't help thinking that the disastrous ticket sales for Paul Hartnoll's solo tour have prompted him to think again. I'm not sure that's the best reason for an act to reform. I seem to remember Paul saying how it was difficult to keep making it work between the two of them.
Paul has always struck me as the "Tom Rowlands" of the band, I don't know how much influence his brother has on Orbital's sound. BUt I will admit that 8:58 was not as good as Wonky, so maybe Phil does make a difference. Still not clear if there will be new music, but there will be live dates:

https://twitter.com/orbitalband/status/827079803702476801
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh just be thankful they're playing shows again! :p

New track !
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/02/orbital-return-split-british-dance-duo-tour-dates-new-material-kinetic

Edit: well actually it's an updated version of one of their remix from 2008
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2017, 13:20 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 02, 2017, 13:08

New track !
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/feb/02/orbital-return-split-british-dance-duo-tour-dates-new-material-kinetic

Edit: well actually it's an updated version of one of their remix from 2008

Ahh I love that track. Originally from 1992 (Michael Hazell & Paul Hartnoll as Golden Girls).

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yes!!!!

I'll travel for this if I have to. But I'll give them some time to announce more dates before booking anything.

Man, what if they played the Metro?

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 02, 2017, 10:23

But I can't help thinking that the disastrous ticket sales for Paul Hartnoll's solo tour have prompted him to think again. I'm not sure that's the best reason for an act to reform. I seem to remember Paul saying how it was difficult to keep making it work between the two of them.
Absolutely not. Paul's been doing fine for himself, it's not money driven. If anything it's his desire to get back to a more straight-forward electronic dance sound, something he's wanted to do since 8:58, tried bizzarely with Vince, but hasn't been able to do under any other moniker (cause who the hell is Paul Hartnoll?).

The two times they've broken up, Paul's immediately turned around and done a very artsy solo album, done soundtrack work, all high on creativity but low on danceability. Phil's a lot more grounded and sticks to more festival friendly material, which is really important to their formula - he brings the focus! Personal differences left aside, Paul's a bit of a control freak, and when he can't get Phil to go off on a really artsy bend, things go sideways. And Paul seems to have addressed this ("Phil isn't me") in their reunion press release, so I can't imagine this being for the wrong reasons.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 02, 2017, 10:23

https://twitter.com/orbitalband/status/827079803702476801
Actual new music there!!

Maybe a new Don't Stop Me EP is in the works? I'd love to hear a rework CD like Neorev suggested too.
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2017, 18:55 by WhiteNoise

Where's that gif of the big guy at the Nets game freaking out?

Demf or North Coast? 

I would guess neither. DEMF would be a good fit, but I think its too soon for them. Apart from when The Chemical Brothers have played, I think North Coast is kind of a joke.

Watch out for this: http://www.dayfornight.io/

Wanted to go this past year for Aphex and the other numerous rare acts , but holiday season is brutal for my schedule.

Really great to hear that Orbital are back to play shows and record new material,  didn't think this would happen, definately gonna go see them this time around. Their 2012 shows were looking and sounding so good then it all stopped. I've liked Paul Hartnoll's solo projects and collaborations since then and would've gone to see him perform but he only put out a couple of low key appearances. Now we have the original back together, yessss, Where is it Going...? I can only imagine somewhere highly creative and exciting. . . ! ! !
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "