Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Aurora

Started by Bosco, Mar 28, 2024, 16:35

Previous topic - Next topic
(Did we already have a topic?)

News out today that Tom has worked on her upcoming new album, 'What Happened To The Heart?', to be released June 7th.

NME

Clash

New Single "Some Type of Skin" here:

Last Edit: Mar 28, 2024, 17:07 by Bosco

Oh, that's interesting news!

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 28, 2024, 16:35
(Did we already have a topic?)
I remember always having wanted to open one ever since @satur8 and I talked about her music last year or so but didn't follow through. Good to see you beat me to it :)

The single sounds good for what it is. Wonder what Tom's production is going to sound like. Any mention whether she got lost again in the southern woods of England?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 28, 2024, 19:00
Any mention whether she got lost again in the southern woods of England?
(22:45)

Ha, what were the odds of that? Great find @Bosco!
She's adorable. Just wonder, though, if you could ever have a "normal" conversation with her  ;D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I am very grateful to the ChemsBros because thanks to them I met Aurora. I was lucky enough to see her live act twice and it is an incredible show, very nice, humble and very funny. Her music has something in particular that sets her apart from the rest. I'm really looking forward to hearing the song "puked" by Tom.

Yo también! I really enjoyed discovering her when they brought her up as a featuring artist and some members on here I believe mentioned her being real good. I was intrigued and I think this video of her performing live at KEXP was the first thing I ever listened to. Especially the first song Churchyard clicked with me instantly and lead me to continue searching for more stuff and I've been hooked ever since.

One of my favorites is Infections of a Different Kind

I also love her reinterpretations/ covers of Massive Attack's Tear Drop and the Beatles' Across the Unisvers

And another thing I'm so so grateful of is that, by discovering her, I also got to discover the amazing Norwegian musician Silja Sol who used to be Aurora's background singer (seen in the last video) with her incredibly large vocal register. She would totally deserve her own topic imho :) as she incorporates more electronic elements.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think she has a wonderful voice, but really can only absorb her music in small doses.

I feel like management failed Aurora and her producer for the song "Cure for Me". This should have been a break through pop song that should've landed her in the mainstream. That melody is an absolute earworm!

P.S. And when I say "mainstream", I mean beyond internet fandom. I'm aware the song has over 100 million views on youtube...
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2024, 08:36 by Bosco

Remember, if Aurora gives you cookies, don't eat them!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.