And the Darkness That You Fear Will Disappear

New DJ dates 2017 [DJ tour 2017]

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 14, 2017, 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I think you did too:

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 23, 2017, 11:45

sounds quite nice. Anyone familiar with this?
Lyric attempt: African Survivor...has no feeling. African Survivor...Disco music. African Survivor...has no feeling x12.

I also mentioned it when replying to you previously Mr BenJ (don't suppose you got your phone out?)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 29, 2017, 10:48

This one? Contra/Reflexion still seems to be the latest thing on there. Not even any BITE updates.

While I'm here, may I add that I'm curious to hear more of that African track from last week.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 28, 2017, 02:22

I think you did too:

I also mentioned it when replying to you previously Mr BenJ (don't suppose you got your phone out?)

No it's not that one, although they also played African survivor I think (actually they didn't :( ).
The vocals are from a woman
Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 18:40 by Ben_j

Well it's gone 1.00am in Italy and the Chems will have finished the last of their original slew of DJ dates about an hour ago. Although there is now of course another Italian date added for the 29th of July (only a 2 hour set but they do have 2manydjs in a support slot. That's a dream-4-hours really).

Here's a nice being watched over by Earth's two moons (I could have sworn we used to only have one). I don't know how to embed instagram here. Is there a trick to it?

Looks like they were on a . That clip could almost be a live gig if they added Adam's visuals. But looking at some other insta-clips, the crowd seems a bit tame. I suspect people at say, the Jesolo event got a more fun deal - an intimate nightclub where you could get as close you wanted to T&E rather than a big field. They certainly seemed to be dancing a lot more in the Jesolo clips.

Looks like T&E made some changes to the set. The Ricardo Miranda/Cool Keith mash-up was mixed into Horsepower in I don't recognise but the sound quality is poor. Apologies if it's something obvious.

And to contradict my above comments about having fun here's a with people happily clapping along - like it's a gig instead of a DJ set. There are a few more clips of familiar DJ set tracks on Instagram too.

*EDIT* I don't recognise . Anyone else?
Last Edit: Jul 02, 2017, 23:34 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 01, 2017, 23:13

*EDIT* I don't recognise . Anyone else?
It's The Micronauts - The Jazz, the track that's on Brothers gonna work it out

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 01, 2017, 23:13

I don't recognise but the sound quality is poor. Apologies if it's something obvious.
Dont't know that one either, they mix it with Bolis Pupul - Teknow, so it could just be an edit they made
Last Edit: Jul 09, 2017, 09:35 by Ben_j

Quote from: Csar in EML (BITE) thread on Jul 15, 2017, 21:06

Geez, how could I miss your video, Benji?!? These BITE cover animations are fucking awesome! The brothers should get the license for this to use for their shows...

Last night: or
Personally I'd like to see more movement; lots of fast zig zagging. Feels a bit half done.

Logo looks good as Direct Buki gets mixed into Free Us (I think) Free us definitely got played, there's another clip on insta.

The stage props look a bit safer than the ones that destroyed a stage in Barcelona last night. Surprised they played this track, but perhaps 2ManyDJ's didn't.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

New DJ set on October 14 in Torino!

If I understood correctly this will be admission-free:

All the concerts will be free, subject to availability: a tribute to the city and its visitors, as well as the chance to promote the values of sharing and inclusivity that underpin the project.
The first tickets will be available online at ogrtorino.it from midday, Friday 30th June; further tickets will be released on surprise dates to be revealed through the official OGR newsletter: sign-up details can be found on the website.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 30, 2017, 15:55

Last night: or
Personally I'd like to see more movement; lots of fast zig zagging. Feels a bit half done.
Looks like a stripped down gif-version of the 2Many's one.
Last Edit: Jul 30, 2017, 18:41 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think I reached the point of Chemical fandom where I'm now annoyed by "Hey Boy Hey Girl"

Funny thing is, if I hear someone else other than the Chemical Brothers play it, I'm absolutely ecstatic!

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2017, 19:46

I think I reached the point of Chemical fandom where I'm now annoyed by "Hey Boy Hey Girl"

yep! it seems that was the only song that the crowd knew according to the recent vids.

Im not sure if im right but did the stage look pretty close to the print you got when you purchased Brotherhood?

Looking at the vids so far, the chems were only a few gear pieces away from having a somewhat decent live show! Stage is freakin huge!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 30, 2017, 19:46

Funny thing is, if I hear someone else other than the Chemical Brothers play it, I'm absolutely ecstatic!
Yeah, 9 out of 10 instagram videos of their dj sets is hbhg, I'm overdosing.

:music

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Thanks WRCL. "Keep on Making Me High" sounds different. Some of that is down to the acoustics, but I don't think all of it is. The track plays from 36.10 to the end.

The Youtuber edited a bit of the track out at 38.01. I wonder if that was the melodic interlude at 3.33-3.48 on BenJ's stand alone 'cut' from Nuits Sonores. I like that bit so I hope it's still on the track. The film-narration voice is much easier to hear: "And the rain comes down, like tears..".  Anyone recognise what it's from? I don't think it's Blade Runner. The bit around 38.30 through 39 minutes sounds like more of a breakdown and build up than we've heard previously. The fact that this is different from last time surely removes any lingering doubts about whether it's a Chemical tune.

EDIT: The bass guitar (not the brief descending bass line) from 37.16 to 37.30 reminds me of Block Rockin Beats. Am I reaching?
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2017, 21:06 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 04, 2017, 18:10

Thanks WRCL. "Keep on Making Me High" sounds different. Some of that is down to the acoustics, but I don't think all of it is. The track plays from 36.10 to the end.

The Youtuber edited a bit of the track out at 38.01. I wonder if that was the melodic interlude at 3.33-3.48 on BenJ's stand alone 'cut' from Nuits Sonores. I like that bit so I hope it's still on the track. The film-narration voice is much easier to hear: "And the rain comes down, like tears..".  Anyone recognise what it's from? I don't think it's Blade Runner. The bit around 38.30 through 39 minutes sounds like more of a breakdown and build up than we've heard previously. The fact that this is different from last time surely removes any lingering doubts about whether it's a Chemical tune.

EDIT: The bass guitar (not the brief descending bass line) from 37.16 to 37.30 reminds me of Block Rockin Beats. Am I reaching?

I hope they'll be adding somthing more to it. It really sounds interesting but lacks a bit depth. Maybe it's a RAR only track.

The bass at the mark you mentioned bears some resemblance with the BRB sample, but I'm not sure if it's really it.

Tom and Ed behind decks

Last Edit: Aug 05, 2017, 11:32 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 05, 2017, 11:15

i thought ed quit smoking???
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Do you think the loop that comes before Teknow (at 12:20) is new Chems material too ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 07, 2017, 19:31

Do you think the loop that comes before Teknow (at 12:20) is new Chems material too ?
your notice remind me some stuff from 2008

oh.. these times, when they played "The Pills" live with that lovely arpeggiator ❤❤❤

Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017, 20:42 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

The other one that I'm not sure about is that "Time, Control" track at 24:36

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 08, 2017, 13:46

The other one that I'm not sure about is that "Time, Control" track at 24:36

The track sounds familiar. I think we heard it in footage from Razzmatazz . I thought we ID'd it at some point (facebook?). *EDIT* Actually we didn't ID it. It was at 53.48 on the Nuits Sonores recording and the track ID was left blank. I'd be surprised if it's Chemical though.
There are several dance tracks called Time Control including this: Time Control which is basically a cover version of the Dr Who theme with female vox on top. The words 'Time Control' are quite "Dr Who"-ish, so maybe that phrase tends to feature on tracks made by fans of Dr Who (I dont know where I'm going with this...)

May I also add that Acid Is The Answer by Regal is indeed regal. Nice to see tracks like that being released in 2017.

Last Edit: Aug 09, 2017, 00:23 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

But where is Hot Acid Rhythm #2?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 08, 2017, 22:21

May I also add that Acid Is The Answer by Regal is indeed regal. Nice to see tracks like that being released in 2017.
Yes ! Gotta be one of my favourite track from their recent sets.