Get Up On It Like This

New DJ dates 2017 [DJ tour 2017]

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 14, 2017, 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: orangewedge99 on Nov 11, 2017, 12:34

They already mixed this weird accordian shizzle into HBHG back in 2012

Heck, we can go back to 2001:  NYE 2001 Chems mix. Jump to 0.22 and there's some accordion, and it pops up later on in the mix too. I think WN and I discussed this briefly before in the "Chems DJ Sets" thread under FAQ.
I reckon Tom has an accordion fetish. And I think I now have another question for the next "Ask Tom Rowlands": Tom, do you have an accordion fetish and do you think it sounds good in your DJ mixes?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Sounds a little bit like Sammim - Heater, but I don't think that's it

Quote from: Skyscraper on Nov 11, 2017, 13:22

I reckon Tom has an accordion fetish. And I think I now have another question for the next "Ask Tom Rowlands": Tom, do you have an accordion fetish and do you think it sounds good in your DJ mixes?

I've just pictured a rather hairy and naked Tom lounging in a David Hasselhoff pose with an extended accordion covering the sensitive parts. I have you to blame for this.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 14, 2017, 21:00

Tom lounging in a David Hasselhoff pose with an extended accordion covering the sensitive parts.

it pops up later on in the mix too.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Tom should collaborate with this guy:

(An no, I totally didn't just waste half an hour of my life digging through the forum archive just for this video  :-\)

Our favourite Brothers are headlining the Boardmasters Festival in Cornwall, GB on Saturday, August 11th 2018

And it seems to be a real show, not a dj-set

http://www.boardmasters.com/lineup
no idea, no idea

Hmmm, I hear "The need of destruction".

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 03, 2017, 14:18

Eve of Destruction:
Good find.
"...keep running, keep running".

The "find a friend to spend the weekend" line has been 'interpolated' from Weekend (1978) by Phreek, which in turn was covered in the more famous Weekend (1983) by Class Action (actually maybe it's just a sample of Class Action
). Does the 'sample' fit with the overall apocalyptic lyrics though?  ??? Perhaps like Keep On Making Me High, the new stuff will be full of old disco references...

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 03, 2017, 16:10

Hmmm, I hear "The need of destruction".
This is called priming (as you once told me!).
It's clearly a cover version of this:

EDIT: Oh also, does anyone know what this Goa Trance sounding is? More
Last Edit: Dec 03, 2017, 17:39 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Dec 03, 2017, 16:44

This is called priming (as you once told me!).
It's clearly a cover version of this:

Haha, yes, I didn't meant that what I hear is accurate, just what I hear :-)

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 03, 2017, 14:18

Eve of Destruction:

sounds like sumtin from daft punks RAM... wait
OH GOD. PLEASE DONT GO THAT WAY! O_O
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

ID ?

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *