Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

DJ Set @ Nuits Sonores, Lyon, 27/05/2017

Started by Ben_j, Feb 14, 2017, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't believe it ! The Chems are doing a DJ Set in France for the first time in more than 10 years !

http://www.nuits-sonores.com/les-programmes/nuit-4/

It's a 3 hour set, too !
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 15:01 by Ben_j

3 hours seems like a lot of room to try new material.

Would be nice to get a fresh recording of the set.

I would love to hear a recording of this......

What we're trying to say Ben, is that if you don't come back with a recording, we will disown you.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2017, 06:05

Would be nice to get a fresh recording of the set.
Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Feb 15, 2017, 14:25

I would love to hear a recording of this......

I certainly wouldn't mind having a RezzClub bootleg next to the RexClub one! Vive la France!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2017, 15:48

What we're trying to say Ben, is that if you don't come back with a recording, we will disown you.
Bigly!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I would be willing to pitch in for a zoom recorder to be shared for these kinds of events to be recorded.......

There will be a streaming of the festival. Not sure if the Chems will be part of it, but here's the link
http://www.nuits-sonores.com/les-programmes/nuits-sonores-live-streams/

I'm counting on you guys to do what's necessary :P

EDIT: unfortunately, the schedule doesn't include The Chems :(
http://concert.arte.tv/fr/nuits-sonores-livestream-du-27-mai-2017
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 17:08 by Ben_j

Awwe...The beloved DJ set. Memories I tell you.

3 hours of chemical euphoria...damn!

Backstage and beers perhaps?

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 27, 2017, 23:33

Backstage and beers perhaps?
you spelled champagne wrong

Me expected footage. And audio.
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 11:04 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Better than a review (for now), I'll just drop some of the tracks that they played

https://soundcloud.com/weareentschuldigung/con

Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 20:36 by Ben_j

I've probably said it before but this is the fucking plague of YouTube.

Quote from: Ben_j on May 29, 2017, 20:37

I've probably said it before but this is the fucking plague of YouTube.

I was literally just saying this to my girl about how YouTube is going to shit with all these fake duplicated posts. It happens constantly and not being removed.

Finaly found something on YT ! From 0:00 to 5:30 it's the Chems' set

There's the probable new track at 3:59 (Gotta keep on making me high)

0:00
Ricardo Miranda - 102point7 + Kool Keith - Drugs (acapella)
2:00
Just Bang
2:18
In Flagranti - Emotional R + Liddell Townsell - As Acid Turns
3:59
New Chems track ?
Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 22:50 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on May 30, 2017, 22:24

Come to think of it, the first one might also be Chemical. Shazam doesn't bring anything anyway. The only sure thing is it uses vocals from Kool Keith - Drugs
The track underneath Kool Keith is Ricardo Miranda: "102 point 7". I'd love to claim that I made a great spot but it's the same as on the Beats 1 mix. In fact when you give us your big review, I'll be interest to see how how many of the Beats 1 tracks/transitions are the same. Did they, for instance play Direct Buki -> Alright Alright -> Emotional R -> As Acid turns -> SOS ?  On a seperate note, I'm curious how you thought Just Bang worked in this setting.

https://soundcloud.com/stillmusic/10-ricardo-miranda-102point7

*EDIT* Ok you've amended your post since I started mine...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 30, 2017, 22:53

*EDIT* Ok you've amended your post since I started mine...
Yeah I found the Beats1 mix tracklist and realised it was in it :D I really have to listen again to that one...
Quote from: Skyscraper on May 30, 2017, 22:53
In fact when you give us your big review, I'll be interest to see how how many of the Beats 1 tracks/transitions are the same. Did they, for instance play Direct Buki -> Alright Alright -> Emotional R -> As Acid turns -> SOS ?  On a seperate note, I'm curious how you thought Just Bang worked in this setting.
Direct Buki was mixed into Free Us (EML Ritual => Direct Buki => Free Us), Emotional R => As Acid Turns => SOS came earlier in the set

Just Bang was much better as a DJ Set track than in the album. It had a great response from the crowd

I've actually found a new appreciation for Just Bang after hearing how they mixed it with the other tracks. It really enhanced it. Pretty much that whole section from the Beats 1 edits they did to the potential new tracks I can't stop listening too. The edits from Beats 1 etc. sound so much more bad ass in there too. Maybe its the reverb from the recording and crowd going off as well.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

No new Chems material in sight, but still a cool video