1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Fatboy Slim

Started by Ben_j, Mar 10, 2017, 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Norman Cook released his first real new track in years. It's... Ok, I guess ? Not that I had any real expectations.

^ Yep it's track 3 on his Beats1 radio show of 09/09/16 which I mentioned in the Big Beat thread (the show, not the track). Was pretty un-excited about the track at the time so I didn't bother highlighting it. I'm still un-excited about it now, alas.
His Beats 1 shows are good though.

ps: How do I make the above link go specifically to reply #28 in the Big Beat thread?
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 21:53 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We've come a long way, baby. And where we've arrived, there's unfortunately not much.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 10, 2017, 18:07

Ps: How do I make the above link go specifically to reply #28 in the Big Beat thread?
You need to right-click on your post's date and copy its link address and then paste it into the link menu as usual. I changed it for you.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 10, 2017, 18:07

Was pretty un-excited about the track at the time so I didn't bother highlighting it. I'm still un-excited about it now, alas.
Quote from: MadPooter on Mar 10, 2017, 21:02

We've come a long way, baby. And where we've arrived, there's unfortunately not much.
Yeah, it's nothing special. It's more of a feel good song that you would play in the background while doing something else, like cleaning your place or doing the dishes etc. It's not annoying but it's nothing to remember either. Pretty forgettable.
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 21:46 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 10, 2017, 21:36
I changed it for you.
That takes it to the top of the page but not to reply #28. I'm pretty sure I saw you do a link directly to a specific reply/post recently Csar...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 10, 2017, 21:51

That takes it to the top of the page but not to reply #28. I'm pretty sure I saw you do a link directly to a specific reply/post recently Csar...
Sorry, that was my bad. I overlooked that you wanted #28 to be referred to. Should be working now. I think you almost had it right as well but only had "new" added to the post's link address tail for some reason.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

awesome idea for packaging. I'm going to say this with every deluxe re-release I see. They needed to add the singles in individual 7 inch format.
Last Edit: Feb 17, 2018, 07:29 by Bosco

Meh... i've got this album on cd and vinyl for a years, i'm not interested about it.
Norman, fuck you, such a lazy ass, just make a new music.
Hi Kevin!

Agreed. No B-sides compilation, or demos or even any hastily scrambled together remixes.
Very lazy.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

He recently did a beach show in Melbourne. There were posters around for it where I live but I wasn't the slightest interested and this new song which I'm sure he played confirmed I didn't miss much. He would be the type that would attract a horrible festival crowd you try to avoid now too. Live shows are expensive these days and you really have to make tough decisions as to who you just can't live without seeing compared to I'll go just cause its the weekend.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 17, 2018, 07:23

awesome idea for packaging. I'm going to say this with every deluxe re-release I see. They needed to add the singles in individual 7 inch format.
I don't know. Anything that's in a pizza carton that's not pizza is going to be a dissapointment, per default.

Thing is that this is just the regular album but in a nicer package. If you buy one of the special editions (UK-version or japanese-version) from 1998 or the 10th-anniversary edition you get plenty of bonus tracks.
Last Edit: Feb 20, 2018, 13:09 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I am happy for his sobriety, but like Keith Flint, it definitely gave him an edge that has been lost.

Long live Norman Cook, he is punk in the UK for life
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 18, 2018, 22:11

I am happy for his sobriety, but like Keith Flint, it definitely gave him an edge that has been lost.

"because he's Keith from The Prodigy, and he can do whatever the fucking hell he likes"
no idea, no idea

Does anyone else sing Sunset (Bird Of Prey) by Fatboy every time they see an ad for the Harley Quinn movie? Or just me?

It's being reissued on orange vinyl for this year's Record Store Day with a new Horse Meat Disco remix.

I remember when it came out (20 years ago!) someone said it was a re-issue of an old track, and I assumed they meant the Jim Morrison vocal. But no, there was actually a pre-"Fatboy" version of this track (without Sunset in the title), which Norm released under the name Yum Yum Head Food in '95. As far as I can see, it only came out on a record comprised entirely of Norm's pseudonyms before he hit big as Fatboy: Southern Fried House 

Yum Yum Head Food - Bird Of Prey. Aceeeed!

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 05, 2020, 19:21

Does anyone else sing Sunset (Bird Of Prey) by Fatboy every time they see an ad for the Harley Quinn movie? Or just me?

It's being reissued on orange vinyl for this year's Record Store Day with a new Horse Meat Disco remix.

I remember when it came out (20 years ago!) someone said it was a re-issue of an old track, and I assumed they meant the Jim Morrison vocal. But no, there was actually a pre-"Fatboy" version of this track (without Sunset in the title), which Norm released under the name Yum Yum Head Food in '95. As far as I can see, it only came out on a record comprised entirely of Norm's pseudonyms before he hit big as Fatboy: Southern Fried House 

Yum Yum Head Food - Bird Of Prey. Aceeeed!

I love this version so much ! I wish it was part of the RSD release...

I had to search through the dregs of YouTube to find a (less-than-quality) stream of Fatboy Slim's Big Beach Boutique I.

Seems like that album has largely been scrubbed from the Internetz (which makes me sad because I no longer have a copy of it).

I'm pleased to see Norman continuing to hit it behind the decks, though. Gonna catch him in SF next month. :)
Last Edit: Mar 25, 2022, 21:53 by MadPooter