Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Chemical Brothers Flowchart

Started by WhiteNoise, May 26, 2017, 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic
So... flowcharts are a thing some fans do to help guide interested listeners through an artist's discography or a genre. They're originally from 4chan's /mu/ board (a wretched hive of scum and villany), but unlike that board the charts are almost always good quality. You start somewhere, then logically flow from one release to the next based on preferences, while keeping things conversational. Here's a few for example:

So... normally I say tackle the Chems chronologically, but I decided to try my hand at one:

The Chemical Brothers Flowchart:

What do you think? How would you do it (or another artist)?

(if you're confused by "big beats are the best, get high all the time", look up The Big Beat Manifesto)
Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 05:47 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Great work, but no connection between DYOH and CWU?

And for the Daft Punk, loved how Random Access Memories isn't mentioned in a single word.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 26, 2017, 10:15

Great work, but no connection between DYOH and CWU?

And for the Daft Punk, loved how Random Access Memories isn't mentioned in a single word.

I love how this places brings out the awesome geekery. :) Have to agree - great work but I was also wondering about the Dig Your Own Hole connection with Come With Us.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hmm its a start but not perfect. Not sure if I agree if you more want 'more nightclub' from surrender you'd go to We are the Night? More like more come down and chill for that.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Have you seen the new design from Dorothy UK? It's really fucking dope!

Nice one! As always Toxic coming up first with the new chems merch!

now im considering one since i saw this poster using a wood frame

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Just read a FB comment about the numbers for the rotary knobs at the bottom. They apparently stand for the initial number of the year of each album's release. I thought at first they'd represent the brothers' rating, but this makes totally sense.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I received mine, gotta put it in a frame now

can it be that it is already sold out? can't find anywhere https://www.wearedorothy.com/collections/shop-all
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 05, 2017, 15:18

can it be that it is already sold out? can't find anywhere https://www.wearedorothy.com/collections/shop-all
I haven't bought it but it appears to be in the actual Chems shop on the Chems website HERE. This was also the link originally used in the "money to burn collections to fill" thread where this was first discussed.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

ah thanks. my bad.

edit:
so they turned 35£ into 45€... i blame brexit for it. and trump.
Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017, 19:09 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 06, 2017, 18:57

ah thanks. my bad.

edit:
so they turned 35£ into 45€... i blame brexit for it. and trump.
And Merkel!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here's mine ! I went for a frame that would remind of the MS-20. There were frames that looked even more MS20-y (more round and matte) but a custom enclosure would have been in the 150€... Funny thing, the guy who sold me the frame was a synth nerd and recognised the Korg theme :) We talked synths and electronic music for a bit.

I like the framing! Custom made framing can be quite expensive, indeed.

Haha, yes, I love those encounters. I had a similar one last year with the vendor who printed my Chems shirt. He recognized the Surrender theme and asked me what the occasion was for printing it. I told him I was going to see them play live shortly and he was surprised that they were still active. He stopped listening after PTB and thought they went too mainstreamy. So I had to lecture them on how that was quite the opposite and that he should listen to Further and BITE. While talking he revealed that he makes electronic music as well and owns lots of synth gear himself. I left the shop with my shirt and his latest CD which he gave me for free :)

Last Edit: Sep 13, 2017, 18:58 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is the Tea Towel new? Stick it in a frame and save some money on the poster...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Saving my money for the 'Eve of Destruction' Flamethrower

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 12, 2018, 19:06

Is the Tea Towel new? Stick it in a frame and save some money on the poster...

Yes, I bought it after theyr show in Paris. I'm not sure what to do with it though. What is the purpose of a "tea towel" ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 14, 2018, 09:05

Yes, I bought it after theyr show in Paris. I'm not sure what to do with it though. What is the purpose of a "tea towel" ?
Well, according to my dictionary, it's used to dry your dishes (like tea cups) and stuff in the kitchen for instance.
— Aurora (The Seed)

What do French people dry their dishes with?

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 13, 2018, 23:11

Saving my money for the 'Eve of Destruction' Flamethrower

I'm saving mine for the Mad As Hell happy pills*. I think I saw some in this video.

*can also be used with Keep On Making Me High
IT'S MORNING TIME!