Previous topic - Next topic

Next / New Single

Mad As Hell / EBW12
Gotta Keep On (Make Me High)
Eve Of Destruction
something else / previously unknown
Dope Coil [Version]
Free Yourself
I'll try to keep this post updated with videos from potential new Chems track from the recent DJ Sets. If I forgot some, let me know !

Free Yourself/Me/Them/Us, dance
Chances of being a new Chems track in my opinion: 90%
Lyrics go : "Free yourself, free me, dance. Free yourself, free them, dance. Free yourself, help to free me, free us. Free yourself, help to free me, free us."

Gotta keep on making me high
Chances of being a new Chems track in my opinion: 100% (Ed kinda confirmed it to me on Twitter)
Funky bassline and sampled vocals from (apparently) Peter Brown - Dance With me : "Gotta keep on making me high, gotta keep on making me high"
At 3:59:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HcIOTf658&t=3m59s

African Survivor
Chances of being a new Chems track in my opinion: 25%
They haven't played this in Lyon (will double check but I think they didn't), so I'm not sure it's a new one. They actually DID play it in Lyon, although it's very short, it's just a segue of 30 seconds in the middle of a techno track that doesn't sound very chemical. I'd put my money on an edit, like System of Survival and Lack of Love.

Life of Galileo club track
Being used in Life of Galileo, this is now 100% sure, that "Here come the drums" (I'm pretty sure it's not Here come the drums though) is a new Chems track, or at least a Tom Rowlands track.

Eve of Destruction
New set opener (which is a good clue to indicate a new track), debuted at Torino

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaSJViKl-qH
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaQsoEbleXp
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaRZbyZj4hP
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaRlws7nxiX
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017, 18:03 by Ben_j

Thanks a lot Ben_J! This is the sort of stuff I probably wouldn't know about if it weren't for this forum, like Problem/Question
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Ben_j on May 29, 2017, 18:40

Gotta keep on making me high
Chances of being a new Chems track in my opinion: 75%
Funky bassline and sampled vocals from (apparently) Peter Brown - Dance With me
You weren't tempted to get your phone out for this by any chance?  O:-) (is this smiley too feminine?)
Have you checked through all 14 tracks listed on WhoSampled that borrowed from this Dennis Brown track? Just in case?

Quote from: Ben_j on May 29, 2017, 18:40

African Survivor
Chances of being a new Chems track in my opinion: 50%
They haven't played this in Lyon (will double check but I think they didn't), so I'm not sure it's a new one. I'd rather put my money on an edit, like System of Survival and Lack of Love.

It sounds kinda rough and unfinished doesn't it? Like something that wouldn't have been released by ...anyone. Which makes me think it might be a battle weapon or Tom edit. It doesn't (at the moment) sound like something that would land on a Chems album.
Incidentally, there's a difference between SOS and Lack of Love, i.e only the second one is really a Chemical edit. I'm tempted to think that African Survivor falls into this latter category.

Also, I know it's not a secret that Tom is the musical prime mover out of T&E but presumably they do still discuss what they're listening to with each other.  As well as Ed mentioning Pazy & the Black Hippies on instagram, he also follows a playlist on spotify called Afro Disco (with 258 songs!). So perhaps the Brothers are having an "African" phase at the mo...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Edited my post to add a "Gotta keep on making me high" video

Edited to add the Life of Galileo club track

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 10, 2017, 20:57

Do not forget that some of the beats from "Live of Galileo/HCTD" track has been used in 2016 live show after Star Guitar, which also confirms the theory that this is a Chems track.
Hi Kevin!

Edited to add Eve of Destruction

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 10, 2017, 20:57

It's good to know that this track is alive. I really wanted it to be on the new album when hearing it for the first time back in 2013. And i was really upset that there were some tracks like 'Taste of Honey' on BITE (which were actually not quite good) and this one wasn't.

Quote from: Explud on Oct 17, 2017, 11:52
Do not forget that some of the beats from "Live of Galileo/HCTD" track has been used in 2016 live show after Star Guitar, which also confirms the theory that this is a Chems track.
To my ears 'Gotta keep...' also has these beats.

from 4:37
https://youtu.be/b3HcIOTf658?t=4m37s
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2017, 21:15 by UltimatePelmeni
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Is that a Freak of the Week sample I hear 20 seconds into the second Life of Galileo video?

Quote from: Biff on Dec 06, 2017, 20:45

Is that a Freak of the Week sample I hear 20 seconds into the second Life of Galileo video?

Yep. It ends with it too. Waaaaay slow though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Maybe i'm just paranoid, but bassline from Eve of Destruction sounds similar to GKOMMH?
Yeah, it's a little bit different, but it's.. some kind, of, it looks similar, not only just by the sound.
Last Edit: Dec 06, 2017, 23:07 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

And again. I mention this here.
You need to be more attentive to their live performances. When i saw this (somewhere at 11:41):

Quote from: wrclaguna on Sep 29, 2017, 19:08

I immediately remembered this:

Yeah, it have a different BPM, but it sounds sooo close.
Last Edit: Dec 06, 2017, 23:21 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Dec 06, 2017, 23:07

And again. I mention this here.
You need to be more attentive to their live performances. When i saw this (somewhere at 11:41):

I immediately remembered this:

Yeah, it have a different BPM, but it sounds sooo close.

It's not a Chems track https://soundcloud.com/weareentschuldigung/con

Ah, ok. I was wrong)
Hi Kevin!

The loop at 12:20 though, before Bolis Pupul - Teknow, I think it could be from the Chems

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 07, 2017, 16:04

The loop at 12:20 though, before Bolis Pupul - Teknow, I think it could be from the Chems
I was listening to the Nuits Sonores set a little while ago and thinking about this.
The tracklisting on the forum facebook page goes:
0:11:34 Entschuldigung - C.O.N.
0:15:55 ID
0:17:20 Bolis Pupul - Teknow (Edit)
0:19:00 ID

My thought is that the re-edit of Bolis Pupil actually starts at 15.55. In other words, yes I agree that the loop is probably a Chemical addition. But my hunch is that it won't appear as a separate track, it's just part of the re-edit.
Also I would probably change the start time from 15.55 to 15.32. And I think the vocal noises from 19.00 to 19.30 are part of the Bolus Pupil re-edit too.
Last Edit: Dec 07, 2017, 17:31 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've got to say, from what I've heard so far, I'm not a fan of Eve of Destruction if this indeed turns out to be a chems track.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 08, 2017, 15:02

I've got to say, from what I've heard so far, I'm not a fan of Eve of Destruction if this indeed turns out to be a chems track.

I can kind of see why. The song's a total earworm for me (mostly because i dig old school house and disco vibes) but hearing the full Printworks video I was hoping it would build into a bigger track, I imagine they'll flesh it out more in the months or years to come, ik EML Ritual's been around since 2014, as with Reflexion being earlier
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Csar on Dec 08, 2017, 15:02

You must see the beauty in this track - for example, think how it would have sounded if it features vocals from Miguel...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 08, 2017, 17:02

You must see the beauty in this track - for example, think how it would have sounded if it features vocals from Miguel...
Dude, this is not a game!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)